Phillipine Landraces, has anyone grown them?

No, phillipine Kalinga was the one from ACE, i got offered these… well, if thats not enough to get VB, then im sorry. is assumably one of the vibes collective lines…The ones that you listed the pics… Ok by

1 Like

This is the Japanese slang term for meth. Which gangsters (yakuza) would make in the Philippines. So no surprise on the big eyes.

4 Likes

I have Vietnam Black seeds somewhere but the small baggie I kept them in is empty and all mixed up with the loose seeds in my container…30 yrs. ago I really didn’t take care of my seed collections back then so now I don’t know which is which…I dont want to give you seeds which might not be VB, I gathered all the loose seeds in my container and put them in a baggie marked UK…UK for Unkown just being honest with you…

Nowadays I’m much more organized and I know which seeds are which…sorry, but I’m not gonna make a claim saying its Vietnam Black when I dont even know…the only thing I know is I do have a 15yrs. old male pollen for a fact and that’s not for trade now that I know that it’s still viable, hell I was gonna toss it out… my farmer buddies were actually talking about Bagio Gold…

I guess back in the day they went to a base there for R&R and that’s what they were smoking…come to think of it I do have a buddy who was in the Army and retired and he also married a filipina and they do go to Cebu a lot…hopefully I can get back in touch with him…

5 Likes

I have some Kalinga, the Landrace team has a bunch of Filipino varieties. Khalifa genetics has one as well.

6 Likes

Yeah I’m gonna have to take a pass…even though its viable, it’s not as viable as I wanted it to be…

Was going to say Khalifa has something special from Philippines, not sure the name but my mentor was raving about it last year saying “VERY VERY special things will come from this line” and the man has a gift and is right about this stuff like 98% of the time. Cool too see there’s possibilities even with the insane penalties. @SkunkHunt101 that’s awesome! My uncle was a big part of the McDermott team and gave me my love for pool. He has this Barrington Hawthorne table that must be worth a damn fortune with gold embellished corners, edges etc that I’ve been promised one day. Had no idea the top guys were chronic like myself, awesome

4 Likes

I told the Vietnam vet farmer about the TLT website so now it’s up to them…they really have no experience growing pot at all, specially pure Sativas…they have grown my strains though…I told them whatever strain they pick I will help them with it and they’ll have to use a 5gal. containers to grown them in so they can moved them in the green house once it gets too cold outside…we’re located in Central Illinois.

It’s a win win situation, I get to try out the smoke and I will definitely collect some male pollens from the pure Sativa males…I already told them that I want a branch of my choice from each plant and they have no problems with that…They definitely want the Baguio Gold and maybe another strain for sure…I also told them that I’m gonna pollinate one of the bottom branches with my 15yrs. old Vietnam Black and Baguio Gold pollens for seeds and for future grows…they’re extremely happy about that idea…

11 Likes

I am super interested in these lines, but as usual I don’t really have the time and space to grow them at the moment.

I do have one good lead for finding local smoke. There is is a pretty thriving reggae scene there. Several of their local musicians have even found international success. Tropical Depression is the biggest one I think. I spoke with a local guy and he told me that if you showed up to any small reggae venue and had good vibes that it wouldn’t be hard at all to find weed. He told me that good weed is hard to find, and mostly shared among friends. He also said the penalties are insane, but most cops just want a little bribe, and he really isn’t scared of them catching him with small amounts of weed.

If I was really looking to find weed there, I would probably message a few local reggae bands to ask about some cool places to hang out and where they play music.

3 Likes

Yes, the cops in the islands are very very crooked…a lot of them do take bribes because life is so hard there…

2 Likes

I have a friend that is Filipino. He just got some of his family, that still lives in the Philippines, send him some seeds. Just asked him about them and he said it’s Baguio Gold. He’s gonna give me some this week. Hopefully I can get a few extras in case someone wants a some

9 Likes

be very carefull . Thailand opens nearly every letter. just high caution… super hard laws in phillipine

2 Likes

I heard there’s a more than a few retired servicemen living there …

1 Like

landandheirgenetics instagram phillipine cockfighter…

3 Likes

That’s funny I remember being in Manila and seeing a advertisement poster For an upcoming fight on the wall with two chicken heads facing each other like boxing fighters.

2 Likes

They have cockfighting, horsefighting and dogfighting in that country…

2 Likes

Shabu is meth, not buds. People 30 and over generally view it all the same . Nixon era propaganda, still alive and kicking.

3 Likes

I think Shabu is Stimulant, Meth today but the term was used for bennies in the 60’s. That’s what my wife said but she never smoked weed in her life. She is extremely straight by even Filipino standards.

3 Likes

I thought so. But you sound sure,

1 Like

Currently have Phillipino Kibungan (Khalifa) going @ 41’N.

Soil mix mostly ocean forest fox farm, approx 30-40% coco coir.

Started from seed in the window sill end of Feb/March then had them under 12/12 with 100 watt LEDs >>> 200 watt LEDS >>> 1K MH. After the initial 3 weeks, worked my way down to 10/14.

Started in solo cups as well as peat moss pucks, then up potted to .7 gallon, then 2.6 gallon and 3.6gallon containers. Had I gone bigger, these could have easily become VERY tall, height range from 4-6FT+, had some caterpillars cause natural topping.

Even with the reduced lighting cycle, they did not start showing sex until ~ 8 weeks in.

Have had some trouble with fungus gnats early on, utilized an analogue method to put 'em to rest. (sand on top, tape on bottom holes, reduced water intake and utilized turkey baster to precision water 'em)

Had some minor issues with PM when they went gangbusters with growth and had overlapping leaves (air flow in my setup is atrocious). Tried h2o2 but found blotting whole milk worked even better.

Once flowering started going and scents started to come in, then the other pests began to show themselves. Spider mites have been a constant presence, although I would like to note they have been fairly resistant compared to other landrace genetics from past experiments (IE Pakistan, Laos, Malana, “cambodian”). Ended up using h2o2 1 cup per gallon of distilled water, then started incorporating rosemary oil**** Also had some experience with caterpillars, as well as a FAT grub worm (did not see his brothers) that left the pot once I took the tape off of my analogue fungus gnat solution.

****Don’t be dummy like me and use oil in foliar spray when it’s above 80’F.

4 Likes

Got any pix

1 Like