Phillipine Landraces, has anyone grown them?

I heard its bigtime illegal to grow, possess, use (smoke), let alone deal marijuana there…If caught doing these you get thrown in jail or executed because of the Phillipine’s President (dictator) way of fighting drug use…I’m pretty sure they still have landrace strain throughout the 7,000 islands.

I remember back in the day hearing a strain called Bagio Gold among others. I’ve also heard about US soldiers during the Vietnam war going there partying it up back in the day in the islands during their R&R…Has anyone ever gotten seeds from that part of the world?

11 Likes

Nope, but Duterte is like 76 so I’m sure things will ease up in a few years. Unless they fuckaround and elect Manny Pacquiao(yes the boxer/senator) whose just as hard right as Duterte and in the same party. You’d probably need friends in cpp-Npa or milf territory to even get anyone to even consider talking seeds

1 Like

Not my pix, pure Sativas…Kalinga strain…aka Violetta

14 Likes

I was in Manilla for 13 days and I asked someone about weed they said it was very illegal the guy was surprised I asked for it. Shambu or something he called it. Another person told me the weed is schwag and not worth smoking for the risk. Philippines is an amazing place to visit besides the condition the people live there. Very sad for many. I gave alot of coins away to the kids. No didnt get to try any I didnt ask again after hearing its very illegal like armed robbery or something in severity.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t go there to party it up and smoke the weed…I would just go there and get a collection of different strains, and FedEx it back to the states…

15 Likes

Check out Sagada-

NPA has a big presence in the area, and they cultivate…

Sagada is a tourist town where head hunter tribes lived. It used to be the safest place for tourists to score in the Philippines.

4 Likes

I was there for the World Pool Championship not to party… although it would have been helpful to have a puff after a 13 hr time difference. Good times def visit there they like Americans/Canadians alot.

5 Likes

Efren Reyes is the best…

8 Likes

I met some damn good Filipino pool shooters-

Amazing thing was the tables they practiced on were outdoor plywood junk…

3 Likes

There was a 50 foot by 50 foot giant wall photo of Efren hanging on the Araneta Coliseum outside looking down over the major road. Was so cool there. Weed was for sure a serious crime there. Crazy place!

1 Like

I noticed that as well. Tables out on the street on blocks. Pool rooms with no walls and the guy lived in there. Also pool rooms had almost carpet like felt and the cues had brass ferrels instead of white phenolic. I am involved in the top levels of the sport you would be amazed how many pro players smoke. Whenever we travel to tournaments everyone is always looking for weed ha ha. Usually one guy has a cooler full and you would never suspect the little old man is carrying 10 pounds in his hotel room. Crazy sport weed is huge in it.

5 Likes

The absolute best player I saw over there, used a bridge for every shot.

He was really short, and was putting crazy English to work, getting excellent, consistent leaves-

2 Likes

Yes billiards is a great sport because anyone can play anyone it’s all about who’s the best. I would say out of the top 10 players that I know seven of them are serious stoners. These guys are desperate for weed when they’re at the tournaments it’s hilarious.You wouldn’t be able to tell by looking at them though there hustlers of course

3 Likes

Yeah a lot of those unnamed players come over here and rob everybody for a few months until people know who they are and then they have to go pro or go back to the Philippines. None of the Philippine players smoke. They are all about that gamble.

3 Likes

I wish I knew someone back in the island to ship some local landrace back to the states…I pretty sure they would too because I know most of the people are well below the poverty line…no weed just seeds…all it takes is $$$

8 Likes

Il talk to a few people I know and see what I can do now I know there is a obscure strain…OG needs it.
Beautiful looking plant for sure thanks for the thread.

3 Likes

I figure the Phillipines has a lot of pure undiluted/untouched strains because of the very very strict laws against it…No one would dare buy/send seeds outside of that country for fear of getting caught and imprisoned…but as far as shipping out landrace seeds thats a different story…a lot of people can use the $$$ and make their lives somewhat better…

8 Likes

Shabu is what they call it. I remeber now. Dude got bug eyed when I asked. He was like no no Shabu. Yea they are scared of it seems like. I got the drift and left it alone.

3 Likes

i got offered the Line that ACE Seeds played around with on old Icmag posts … I think it was also a comparably old line (not very old). Im not talking of Phillipine Kibungan wich is a very recent collection… ugh

Well, i sarch old VB Lines, i would definitly trade for that… i think i still could get it this philipine sargada.
There is another Line phillipine Starfighter or how its called… i can get that one too …

If i get em bouth, what you give me?

2 Likes

These Vietnam vet farmers have nothing to trade with…they were talking about strains in the islands when they were on R&R back in the day…I told them I’m gonna do some research about the strains in the Philippines…

1 Like