Overgrow Vietnam

May i open this thread because it’s my current place of growing? I’m not Vietnamese but I’ve noticed on facebook have groups for Vietnamese growers they might be interested to join :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

12 Likes

ive got a dalat seedling going, still young 3 weekis now.
dalat means river. dalat is a sativa from vietnam

6 Likes

I will soon hopefully be able to obtain to beans from Vietnam fingers crossed and see what the future holds

2 Likes

Actually it’s Da Lat and it’s a small village like tourist town in the southern highlands… i was living there for 1 year but the weed in Vietnam is not good in general :joy: the only landrace is in the far north highlands at the border with China have one big valley that the weed grows as far as eye can see :sunglasses: in Cambodia have better landrace and there’s local people growing sinsemila from the landrace… the Vietnamese don’t even know what’s sinsemilla :sweat_smile: good that some guys started selling feminized seeds on facebook in the last few years and now there’s some better stuff for smoking then prior 2018-2019 when the only good stuff were import from California and it was like 1500$ for 4OZs 🥲 but after Thailand legalized the weed all import from there is even cheaper then the stuff grown in Vietnam and the local growers are talking sh*t about the Thai cuz it’s undercutting their prices :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

there was wicked strong weed in Vietnam in the early 90’s.
In the saigon & dalat for sure.

I’m certain there are OGs here holding authentic landrace vietnamese strains - which no longer being grown in vietnam.

We should do a big Vietnamese seed run and send the seeds back to growers there - of course 16-20 weeks for southern varieties and 14-16 weeks for northern varieties…

5 Likes

That would be nice cuz back in the days all good growers immigrated west to find better opportunities and with them all good selections of landraces…

interesting and thank you, the seeds came from @Guitarzan and figured i give a shot,
@ALB3RT if you say thai is better? as i have grown thai before and oved it.
i looked up da lat on goole and it said it eant river.
am i wasting time with this one?

If it’s something prior 1995 could be up to standard but these days only in Cambodia have some people with first-class landrace :grin: things in Cambodia haven’t changed much for 30years​:sweat_smile: but Vietnam have a lot of progress in the last 20 years once they started selling stuff to US foreign investments and factories started coming to benefit from the cheap labor… same story as china but the Chinese are much more efficient and even built military industry that surprised in production the US long time ago and selling weapons to Russia and North Korea 🫣 i hope china stop expanding the borders as they’re used to cuz the military bases they build all around South China Sea on artificial islands are too close to Vietnam :rofl:

1 Like

I wonder if some just went back to Vietnam and brang some landrace seeds like say lambs bread, afghani landraces, just let them mate with the Vietnamese lines they would still be landraces right?

Im my opinion no. Once the landrace has been crossed with another strain it isn’t pure landrace anymore.

Pics pics
Tell us all bout it
The food
The everything
Weed to, always been facinating to me.

1 Like

Alright i will make photos i get around :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Usually they import good weed(California usually :sweat_smile:) but quite expensive they sell 1/2oz for 200$

No you get F1 the first generation when you crossing 2 landraces

1 Like

I got some Vietnam Hoa bac, and Vietnamese black from the 70s. If I took those and brang them to a different part of Vietnam and just let them pollinate they wouldn’t be landraces any more ? I mean they are landraces(wild type). I’d just like to make something more tastier or potent if need be.

1 Like

Yes that could be considered landrace cuz theyre not very distinct from each other
Send me some vietnamese black from the 70 i will spread some pollen next year when the landrace grow in the far north :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Do you live in Vietnam Albert? I’ll see how many I have I don’t mind sharing some love. I might be wrong n the Saigon area where a friends property has cannabis growing like weeds and wanted to maybe throw some there and come back in a few years and see how they turn out.

The area with landrace is growing 1800km away from Saigon :grin: but i can still throw pollen in the valley full with naturally growing weed once i go to Hanoi next year… or i can just plant few male clones outside

2 Likes

Well I have a friend that lives in a place called Minh tai. 1hr away from Ho Chi Minh(Saigon) her mom says they are everywhere and she has to pull them like weeds because they are overgrown and taking up spots where they grow there veggies and things. No one grows cannabis there they just toss pull them. Hopefully I will get to see it in person soon. Planning to go there after Vietnamese new year which is in February. Hope weeds are still alive and seeded when I arrive. It’s just talk right now but 60 percent sure I might go. Her plot of land is 1000 kilometers idk what that is by acres. But they grow rice on ther land.

If anyone has some Vietnam black they can spare, I’d love to trade my rolling thunder cross regs? It’s one of the last strains I’m looking for to complete the cypher.

2 Likes

1000km is like 600miles lol it’s measuring the distance :sweat_smile:
And i have never heard of landrace in the south… could be hemp

1 Like