Phototrons...SWC/TRON

Those are not LEDs they are T5’s compact fluorescent bulbs on the sides. The only LED’s I have is the top light and I’m not sure if I can take the cover off.

2 Likes

It’s only been in 12/12 for 5 days and its growing rapidly…I have another wk. or so of stretch and I have a height restriction when growing in Phototrons but that’s ok I have a trick up my sleeve…

3 Likes

Vietnam Thunder Fuck…1 week later on 12/12 and the stretch is on…I really love the rapid growth of hydro when everything is all dialed in…I will be changing the light cycle to 14/10 tomorrow…notice how tall in got in 2 days…

3 Likes

It’s been 1.5 wks. of flowering mode…I’m going to leave it as is for now but I know for a fact it might be touching the top LED lights by tomorrow noon…

These leaves got too close to the side light so I just turned the whole plant a little so it will stay away from the light…I might have to bend this side branch too…

5 Likes

24 hrs. later folks…top of the plant is touching the LED’s…But I’m still not going to bend it quite yet…

3 Likes

Another 24 hrs. later…I took a picture before the lights went on…I also noticed that the bud sites are starting to form…first 2 pictures were taken before the bending.

So I decided to bend my VTF today and I also bent a few of the side branches because they were growing outward towards the lights and walls of the Tron…I had to pinch the main stalk first before I bent it otherwise it may have just snapped off.

It may look like my VTF is getting tortured but I have my reasons for doing so…the roots are nice and white, that’s a great sign that it’s a healthy plant…I should have another few days of stretching but it should be good to go from here on out…just a reminder I don’t do PH, PPM’s or care about the temps/humidity inside the SWC/TRON grow…This is how I roll and been doing it this way for 25+ yrs.

5 Likes

Another 24 hrs. later this is how the VTF looks like…as I said 24hrs. ago the bud sites are starting to form…its cazy on how fast these pistils have emerged in just 24hrs…I will be adding my flower nutes on Monday for sure…btw, 2 hrs. after I bent all the branches they all tried to right itself…btw, I have been using rainwater which I have collected throughout the autumn season last year…the rainwater’s ppm’s are between 34-45, that’s some damn great rainwater.

6 Likes

No, the company is no longer around but you might pick it up at Ebay or garage sales…sorry for the late reply…almost a year late.

1 Like

Just took this picture today…the stretch is over I think…its been in flower for 2 wks. and the buds are forming nicely…I also added some flower nutes last night before the lights went off.

5 Likes

Pix taken today…its doing great so far, the buds are coming along nicely and I think I bent it just in time…I’m growing in my small Phototron so I’ll probably just get a little over 1.5 oz…I don’t really grow for high yields in the small Phototrons but I’m really excited on tasting/smoking this Vietnam Thunder Fuck strain which I created well over 15yrs. ago. I will definitely have a couple of my buddies do a smoke report on it after a nice cure…

I have a few people following this grow so I’m kinda writing down what I’ve been doing to it…also a reminder I don’t know the PH, PPM’s or change the reservoir I just added a cupful of flower nutes, this is how I roll…To me folks this is a weed & I do a set it & forget it grow…this coming Sunday it would’ve been in flower for 3wks.

8 Likes

Beautiful plants.

2 Likes

Update pix…

I pollinated this bud with a Bogglegum male…

5 Likes

Looking great @PhilCuisine I’m gonna be posting my plant progress after lights on today but I bent 6 of the flower branches and it’s working! I’m not bending the center but I am getting a ring of bud that is all growing up at the same height from the bending thanks so much for this awesome trick and I am just getting comfortable before trying the center stalk if needed…you’ll see in about 5 hours but it’s so amazing how resilient the plant is plus I have pistil growth as well

1 Like

That good to here, DR. G…I’m gonna be in my 4wk. of flower this coming Sunday so hopefully she’ll be done by Lent in March.

2 Likes

Omg dude!!!
:no_mouth::no_mouth::no_mouth::no_mouth::astonished::astonished::astonished::open_mouth:
You doing magic with this roots
Pulling up a chair

2 Likes

So I am just curious about how far into flower you can bend branches and it’s just because I am gonna be working with limited space and I don’t wanna get to crazy with bending unless it’s not a problem and I only have one other thing…LoL bugging you like always, do you think that it’s beneficial to remove lower fan leaves or does being in the phototron and the lights make it not necessary

2 Likes

I usually stop the bending after 3wks. when the stretch is over. When are you planning on installing your top LED lights, after the stretch? …check this out I have a Vietnam Thunder Fuck mom that I’ve been bending during veg mode so it will fit under my cabinet lights…

3 Likes

I’m gonna be adding it afterwards so yup I’m waiting for the stretch to be done and I will be using the bending method from here on out and I will be sure to post pics after the led is installed and I’m excited about it because I have been looking for a light to put in my phototron for almost a year and I never thought about using a garage led! And I didn’t mean to get off subject on your post

1 Like

You should have great results from that 6K lumens light…

2 Likes

Lights just went on and this is what she looks like…she’s looking great folks probably gonna hit her with some more flower nutes on Sunday…I also took of a few fan leaves off because they were blocking the LED lights from shining down…

4 Likes