🖼 Picture of the year contest, Free entry, hundreds of seeds for winners

An exclusive for the OverGrow Picture of the Year

OTUG - Whisperer of the Trees

And a link to my grow

Been cultivating since I was a kid. I hope to inspire you all to grow your own massive tree one day :grinning:

Shout out to some of my fellow OGs!!

@johnnypotseed
@dougdawson
@lefthandseeds
@lophophora.ca
@barefrog
@bigmike55
@neogitus
@pigeonman
@CornbreadJunior
@qtip
@reikoX
@mr.sparkle
@neb
@slick1
@smokenhike
@jinglepot
@kushking902
@pawsfodocaws
@gramps
@corey
@lunchpale
@berserker7205
@shadey
@gaz29
@large-gastropod
@fattyroots
@topicalwave
@greasy
@rhino_buddy
@kcity87
@MBVapester
@G-paS
@petalpowerseed
@floyd
@foreigner
@shiskaberrysavior
@Gpaw
@cadman
@chronickyle
@xianpreservation83
@HaRdRoC
@greenhighlander
@minitiger
@yetigrows
@herbie
@oldjoints
@labrat
@northnorthnugs
@bullskinner
@islayhearts
@invisible
@cannabliss
@lambchopedd
@granola
@204medismoke
@ELG
@misterbee
@wubbalubbadubdub
@sebring
@chronix
@blkmetal
@HappyTrees23s
@gugumelo
@lilmanbigplan
@bassman5420
@Moka
@papalag
@rogue
@zephyr
@anon98660487
@brokehoe
@nagel420
@abbbian
@Dirtron
@other_barry
@bobgrows
@corgitron
@repins12
@eagles009
@mobilly
@SaintAliasKnife
@cormoran
@oleskool830
@EugeneDebs420
@kushdaddy
@crazy1
@testofoath
@kanehB
@anon90741032
@mithridate
@OGsince03
@Gman
@Purple-N-Hairy
@Pedro_bann
@anonymous4289
@sasquatch
@anon20530495
@NEK-Fowldog
@glassjoegrows
@pinetarbastard

94 Likes

:thinking:

I guess it makes sense maybe to have one category for art and drawings and then maybe another for photography.

6 Likes

I was under the impression at the start this was about paintings and drawings done by us ?
: )

2 Likes

I think we may just have more than 1 category so more can participate.

6 Likes

I may have misunderstood. But then again:

I suppose this could be interpreted in either direction.

2 Likes

That picture and thread are a pretty good snapshot of my grow area these days. Making beans with other people’s work lol. But hey, I’m also growing some pretty nice tree :wink:. So there’s that.

46 Likes

We need as many categories as entries! :rofl: Best painting, from a Canadian who has pictures in their growlog of two phenos of 9# hammer… @Qtip wins!

10 Likes

I think the first original post maybe edited changed after the last drawing posted
( goal posts moved in middle of game lol )

That’s why first few posts actually drawings / paintings and not photographs

I thought @Heliosphear wanted us to get creative and draw or paint something , good or bad doesn’t matter , thus keeping with his theme of art : )
So different than the usual photo dump we see all the time
Don’t think you can change the rules mid game to more suit certain players : )

4 Likes

Actually the second user who posted a pic or drawing was me and it’s a pic :wink: This event is getting bigger and will have more than one category so not to worry. This way more can enter. Stay tuned for full contest details, categories and prizes to be posted. You are correct that this is changing but it’s evolving into a much bigger event so that’s a good thing.

7 Likes

You are getting serious with this :grinning:

1 Like

I just believe when rules are set they are set , it’s a principle thing , I like consistency and order : )
@Qtip

4 Likes

Once prizes started being donated more categories came to be needed

There will be 200 or 300 seeds or more given out as prizes so plenty of chances to win

6 Likes

What rule has been changed as I seem to have missed it so not understanding?

2 Likes

The day San Francisco sky went black from the smoke and dust from the California fires,I took all these pics black and whites ones are my neighborhood durning the first San Francisco lock down you could take your dog out for a walk lol

Ash on the car is from the fires

22 Likes

Beautiful shots @anon98660487, which one are you entering into the contest?

2 Likes

Like every OG, I had to take a break… Thank you Doug for keeping the contest moving forward.

Categories that will be voted on.
1: Cannabis and Cultivation
2: Community
3: All others

Your entry is a post about you, it should contain a link to your current grow if possible, a link to your favorite OG is recommended. A commemoration of a OG, family member, friend or a pet to say something about the picture your posting. Speak from the heart and tell other OG’s in shout outs how great it is to grow with them, it takes every kind of person to build a community. OverGrow is a social media connection, the one thing that makes it better than any other… you.

Using my art and words to promote and sponsor this event is voluntary.

If you have entered the contest before this post, please change your picture and or post to reflect who you are, something about you.

This contest is a event sponsored by OG’s, for OG’s to celebrate who we are as a community.

If you are or want to help sponsor this event, you hold the prize until the winners are selected, you are responsible for shipping to the winners. It does not have to be seeds, your gift of sponsorship is your choice.

Your choice of picture for entry into the contest must stay within the guidelines for posting on OverGrow.

I’m currently rewriting the header and working up my first CCN coverage of this event, back later.

8 Likes

Welcome back @Heliosphear , might I suggest one more category? I would say a fourth for user created drawings. There are a number of folks like yourself that have a real flair for drawing or painting, which I certainly do not, but I think they could use their own category. The categories would than be.

Categories that will be voted on.
1: Cannabis and Cultivation (entry specific to Cannabis and Cultivation in any form)
2: Community (Entry about community in any form)
3: User made drawing or painting (Unique drawing or painting created by user)
4: All others (Any subject, painting, picture or other entry the user feels like)

What do you think about that @Heliosphear ? Just a thought.

7 Likes

This one

13 Likes

Agreed, goin back to edit header add user art, Thank you

1 Like

Category 4

19 Likes