PIFFTRAIN'S seed run experiment (Breeding questions for a beginner)

Pics as promised. @Oldtimerunderground black Lebanon bx x strawberry banana is leading the pack with the csi humboldt Irene kush x chem 91 right behind it. One grape zkittle still won’t pop up and say hi. Everything seems happy so far.

8 Likes

Humidity domes are gone, letting a little wind get to these guys before they get stringy on me :green_heart::seedling:

6 Likes

That’s that church

2 Likes

Not quite sure I follow what your saying.

Piff, frankincense and the accompanying church oils smell. You never heard of piff?
Usually goes “ yerr, I got dat piff”
Then it smells like church
The more you know

2 Likes

Looking good, you’re going to have a forest before long :wink:

2 Likes

Looking good @Ny_pifftrain ! :+1: Happy hunting!:grin:

1 Like

The seedling got the boot today when I transplanted my clones from cups to 1 gallon square pots. First day in the new home.
And a dab out of my new rig when the work was done

6 Likes

That last Grape Zkittlez ever pop up? 9/10 is solid anyways! Looking forward to seeing these flower

2 Likes

It did not make it I’m not sure what happened. I gave it a week after the others broke earth and when I finally pulled it I dug it up to see what happened. Poor guy shot a tap root but never made it. Looked the same as when I planted it. They will all get about 3-4 weeks then I’ll flower them out! Should be a full tent :sunglasses:

1 Like

Guys I have been gone for a while but I wanted to update you on my seedrun! 15 of the original 16 seeds remain still. Definitely seeing a few different phenos in the grape dragon f2 x zkittles. None of them have shown sex yet. Today I took clones from all of the plants and a few extra from the ones that could afford it. Giving these plants a few days to recover from being decapitated and then I will flip them too 12/12.

@BasementBeans

13 Likes

Here is a few better pictures of the other strains and some of the grape dragon zkittles. The clones look as happy and healthy as they did two days ago when I put them in the clone king so hopefully that’s a good sign! I want to make sure I have some rooted clones accomplished before I flip the lights in here but I’m running out of room!

12 Likes

Awesome work man! Getting anything interesting on the stem rubs? The male I used had nice strong artificial grape terps.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t have the best sense of smell but they all seemed a little on the skunky gassy side to me. None of them have shown sex I’m hoping I get atleast a male or two, but worried that if they haven’t shown yet they might all be fem!

1 Like

5 days in the aero cloner and no signs of roots yet :pensive: it’s early yet and these clones where taken from the tops of plants so it may take a little longer than lower branches I have heard. I’ve never had much success cloning and was hoping this aero system would change that. I’m using distilled water and 15 on 15 off timing for the pump. They still look perky and happy just no signs of roots.

1 Like

I find 10 days in an aero cloner is the sweet spot for most strains, with all of the cuts usually pushing out roots by day 14. I love using the tops for cuts, they make solid clones.

2 Likes

Sweet success! Checked on the clones today and noticed roots shooting out of a few of them. Today is seven days so hopefully in the next few days some of the others join the party.

4 Likes

A few of these clones will be ready to plant tonight! Success at last.

5 Likes

The grape zkittles was much easier to clone than the other strains. I did get successful with the ice age, cold hard bitch, and black leb bx from @Oldtimerunderground the rest of the strains I’m going to give a few more days and if no roots show I will clean the cloner and start a fresh cycle with cuts just from the strains I was unsuccessful with this first time around.

6 Likes

Those clones look great @Ny_pifftrain :ok_hand::clap:

3 Likes