🌱 Plant's Grow Journal

just did a speed read, nice thread, fun times over there!

2 Likes

Cheers, it should get a lot better in a month or two when I finally flip the tent and the snows gone to move some outside =)

4 Likes

Cleaning the ladies and took em out for pics. You think I could pass em off as one plant?

I ordered some more seeds; going to take a while to get here but should be worth the wait. Still waiting for the current ones to crack … Spent way too much on seeds and grow stuff this month, have to take a little break now =).

When you buy ph Down by 4L or 10L do you have a problem? Getting out some old gear and found some GA3 I used for banana seeds quite a few years back. Fun times going through some of the stuff I have kicking around in boxes.

Just a little update for now when I have the time, going to be a busy few days.

5 Likes

Long day.

Another self pollination and hopefully another few seed pods, about 80 flasks done for some fun, a few deliveries and seeds starting to crack.

Time for some zzzzzzzz … =)

Digging though old gear and seeds, not sure if they’re all still good but might try a few. For anyone taking a closer look the orchid seeds are powder, they are “culture flasked” (flasking) so the cells can be cultured into protocorms, then grow roots and leafs at a later stage. I’ve been doing it for a while, takes a lot of time, patients and money … :expressionless: But when it works it’s worth the wait :slight_smile:

If anyone wants the peppers, they’re yours. Little mite magnets is what they are. Keep em separated from your garden. I’ve got lots of vegetables/edible flowers too, some from Vietnam but I’ll post those in another thread.

5 Likes

Finally all the Durban cracked and moved into soil … Widows are only 3/5, gonna give them another day. So far these seeds have been the longest to crack but as long as they do I’m not to worried.

6 Likes

I put the flasks to use and tried some in-vitro cell cultures. Hopefully things will start to grow. I’d like to see how long it takes from cells to plant compared to clones; and growth rates from different tissues. Fun little experiment anyway. Topped a Cali Orange clone and took samples with enough for a couple cuttings for the bubble cloner.

Put the White Widows in soil, only 4 cracked so we’ll see how many break surface. So far 29/30 cracked … breaking soil so far only 1 didn’t have the strength and rotted a bit in it’s shell.

Ordered two more land races from the mountains and another tent setup, so much for not spending anymore money this month … :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Vented caps (0.5 μm and autoclavable) & some new lights arrived.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

New 4x8 setup came yesterday :). Two months from 18 sq/ft (4 plants) to 82 sq/ft (?? plants) and filling up the tents at a decent rate. Pumps should arrive today then to home depot tomorrow for buckets (pick them up with some mantis egg sacks) and setup the fan/filter.

Gonna do another clone swap today for three more strains and put them in the quarantine tent, they’ll probably have COVID-19. 5/5 DP broke soil and 1/5 WW so far. Might cull a few Strawberry Cough, only ones I’m not entirely happy with but have one or two that might be keepers.

Bucket are going through at least 4L of water a week, thinking of taking more clones and flowering in a week now I have more space to veg, sex & clone some seedlings. Will have to top them up in flowering every 2-4 days looks like.

Keeping busy while stuck at home :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Two new ladies; OG Kush (Sativa Phenotype) and Orange Cookies :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Love that sativa :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:!! Cant wait to see it grow

1 Like

It was just a swap so don’t know much about it, the first run will be interesting. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Started some more seeds for the 16oz cup contest, pics are there =)

Now in the stable:

• White Widow
  • Durban Poison
  • Mama Thai
  • Cali Orange
  • Bubba Kush
  • Strawberry Kush
  • Lemony Lemon
  • Strawberry Cough
  • Mataro Blue
  • BNC Diesel
  • G13 x Hash Plant
  • Hindu Kush
  • OG Kush
  • Orange Cookies
  • Argyle
6 Likes

Nice line up plant

1 Like

Thanks @Papalag, taken a few months to get here in the new house. Hoping it’s worth the effort :).

2 Likes

Another tent setup; just have to finish the buckets this afternoon, then to fill them up. I’m really liking the timer/powerbar combo for multiple lights, hang them from the roof of the tent. Still waiting on my seed orders … trying some Canadian seed banks this time. Always trying seeds from all over the world to try and get some keepers.

Probably going to take one more round of cuts then, give em a week, then finally flower some buckets.

5 Likes

Nice set up very clean
Great start

1 Like

Not bad, had to take a few years off when the kids came. First attempt at hydro :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Little ones

6 Likes

Hooray, delivery day! Some Afghani and Blue Timewarp. Was hoping these or some others would get here before the cup contest, but running the LP seeds won’t be too bad.

\

And I think I tracked down some original Romulan from Federation, okay … this is my last seed order :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes