PlantShepherd's Random Picts

Thanks! The only down side was the bottom of the 55 gallon drum wasn’t totally flat, so it wanted to shift to one side or the other. Then it would only come out one spout.

The cone bottoms are effin sweet imho. I have a coworker that is great at building that stuff, and he made a 180 gallon cone bottom (we still use a mixing tank and cut with water). He is about to make a 500 gallon one for the outdoor greenhouses.

Can I ask, do you do straight compost and molasses, or do you add other amendments like kelp, alfalfa, etc? Nice to hear someone that is still making teas. Seems like not too many talk about it anymore.

6 Likes

I brew small batches of tea in 5 gallon buckets , mostly worm castings and kelp. I throw in some molasses of course and a little rainbow mix plus some beneficial bacteria to kick things off. One large air stone and 48hrs later everything is better then it would have ever been on it’s own.

6 Likes

Nice! I love teas! Can I ask, what kind of beneficial bacteria are you using? Do you use MM’s recipe for the molasses/kelp/EWC?

4 Likes

I’ve got that one. If it’s not still available, I can make it available sometime.

7 Likes

Yes please! If you decide to, and if you’re interested, I have pollen from three chocolate trip males from Bodhi. I think it’s an F3. :smiley:

3 Likes

I also have the choc thai and cocoa puffs. Also have some chocolate thainapple from a diff breeder.

4 Likes

I’m not using any specific recipe but I use about a half a coffee can of castings and kelp mixed 50/50 with about two shot glasses worth if rainbow mix and a scoop of the bacteria.
The bacteria I’m using is general hydros #B beneficials. I also highly recommend THarz especially for rooting.
Molasses I use about two shot glasses worth also. It comes out really nice and I dilute it to a color similar to a good sun tea.

2 Likes

Right on! It’s whatever works for ya imo. What is rainbow mix? Don’t know how you can possibly go wrong with kelp and castings. I’ve been following MM’s compost tea recipe for quite a long time.

Lately I’ve been making a compost tea with some homemade fat flower and Oreganism XL from roots. Haven’t done enough teas with the Oreganism yet, but the fat flower is interesting stuff.

3 Likes

Rainbow mix is a dry organic nutrient mix.

2 Likes

Doc D - Velvet Buzzsaw

17 Likes

Velvet Buzzsaw - Doc D

Slurricane - In House Genetics

25 Likes

Well it doesn’t get much better than that.

2 Likes

Hey thanks buddy! Appreciate it! Plants are the love of my life! :v:

3 Likes

Velvet Buzzsaw

14 Likes

Holy cow I’m slacking on this thread lol. It’s that time of the year, crazy busy. Taking down light dep and replacing with full season. Add to that a nice little fire right outside of town making things interesting.

fire night-fire

Hope everyone is doing well! :v:

14 Likes

Dang that looks like a well seasoned nugget! … who’s MM Your talking about regarding compost tea?

2 Likes

Wow that shit looks like A Mount saint Helens Eruption! Stay safe buddy I assume that’s Cali?
We have the same shit going on here in CO also the Cameron peak fire that’s been going for awhile now I heard is probably At $100 mil and only 4% container if I heard right .

4 Likes

Thank you! MM is MicrobeMan aka Tim Wilson.

Yeah, the winds picked up and I heard it went from like 400 acres to like 7,000 acres in four hours. I’m so over the fires. I’m a little north of ya. :wink:

6 Likes

You live in Northern Colorado then? I’m just north of FORT COLLINS

2 Likes

No, I’m quite a bit farther north… like 45 degrees north. :wink:

I’m not a fan of purple punch or the junkieboys, but the mimosa does have some good bag appeal. Pretty much where it ends for me. (pict from work)

18 Likes