Playing in the Dirt

both looking great, and still plenty of time left

2 Likes

Coming out of the closet… :flushed:

…and going into the bathroom :crazy_face:

So my veg closet runneth over. I just removed my 5 gallon cloning bucket and the 14 clones that I had in it and moved them into my clone tote - which I placed in a spare bathroom.

Here’s my closet AFTER I removed the 5 gallon bucket. As you will see, it’s still too full. So imagine how crowded it was before I removed the bucket.

Cloning Closet

What we have in there are:

from seed…

• Sunshine 4 (Chem 4 x Sunshine Daydream)
  • Thai x Forum Cookies x Stardawg
  • NL#5 x Unknown Male. This was a freebie from @DeepRob / Deep Ellum Seeds when he sent me the Mendo Lights beans last year. I guess I was just in a gambling mood when I decided to plant those beans, but they’re looking and smellin’ mighty fine in veg!

clones…

• (5) Girl Scout Cookies Extreme (all 5 are on the right side of the pics)
  • (1) Mendo Lights (tucked in a corner - not visible)

And the 14 clones that I moved into the bathroom are all GSCE. I purposely took small clones because of space / time management issues. They are intended for a trial program that involves the new Greenleaf Nutrients 2 part formula in a hydro setup. The issue is, my flowering room is pretty full and not able to handle the buckets and tubs for a couple of weeks. So 2 weeks from now, these GSCE clones should be about 5 times bigger, and I should have the space in my flowering room. :crossed_fingers:

Spare bath = spare veg room

9 Likes

Very nice grow!

1 Like

Looking good p and h. Really picked up to wherw u left off. Personally its never a gamble running deep robs gear

1 Like

Good looking plants. Nice job

1 Like

Hey, thanks @Tejas and @MG_Canna! And thank you, too @PoppaPuff. Technically, @PoppaPuff, I picked up a little over a year ago after you were generous enough to hook me up with some beans! I’ve been back at it ever since…still trying to dial in my set up and improving my results.

1 Like

Everything looks great!

1 Like

Almost a month later…

So after a little more than a few weeks of veg in the bathroom, the clones are ready for their new home and new nutrients. But first…

Here’s a GIF of what they were doing for the last few weeks:
Smaller Clones GIF
Ugh…not sure why this GIF is so small here on OG, but you get the idea.

Here’s a photo of what they looked like before I trimmed them up a few days before they went into 12/12:

So after a little trimming, they were put into 12/12, and into my new setup - which is obviously NOT SOIL! Here they are on day 1 of 12/12.

There are 10 of them in the buckets. The rest were put into soil and I’ll veg them for a while. Frankly, I have no space left in my flowering room! Take a look…

Yeah, so lots of crowding. I’ll have a bit more space the first week of August, which is when the Mendo Lights will be ready.

@vernal, now you can see why I haven’t popped those beans yet. I knew I wouldn’t have the space they’d need, especially knowing I’d be dropping a few of them to improve my odds of getting a female.

So with these 10 GSCE in the buckets and getting fed with the Greenleaf Nutrients 2 Part + Sweet Candy, I might start a new thread dedicated to that “experiment”.

8 Likes

Girl Scout Cookies Extreme (and a little Mendo Lights). The Mendo Lights will be finished in a couple of weeks, but the GSCE have about a month to go - plenty of time to fatten up and pack on the weight. I’ve said it before, but GSCE are the most dense buds I’ve ever grown. I’m always surprised at how much dry weight each plant produces…

13 Likes

@Purple-N-Hairy nice setup!

3 Likes

Thanks, Tejas! :hugs:

1 Like

Damn nice grow

2 Likes

Many months later…

It’s been a while since I posted to this thread, but I think the time is right. I have a confession…

I’ve been hiding two young males.

They are both in the closet, but at least they’re together.

One is a grower. One is a show-er.

Take a peek at 'em

As you can see, the one on the right is obviously larger - he’s the grower. What you can also see if you look closely is that the one of the left already has a number of pollen sacs that have opened up - he’s the show-er. Both were planted at the same time, from seed, and both were put into 12/12 at the same time (2 days ago).

The Show-er

The Grower

11 Likes

Super healthy plants, going to make some good dads.
Got a worthy project going there.

3 Likes

Update on my breeding males…

The theme of their individual traits continue. The “show-er” has dumped a shit-ton of pollen, and the grower remains the much larger plant of the 2. In fact, I bent over the tallest of the branches to keep a somewhat even plant height for both. Stem rub is also different for both, but equally alluring. The structure of both is very promising with compact branching up and down both plants.

The Show-er

The Grower

11 Likes

One year later!!

It’s funny reading back over this thread. There are a few things I posted here that took a different life of their own in other threads, but I resurrected it because I have a few bud shots from soil grows that I’ve recently finished…

BOG LifeSaver

BOG LifeSaver Stud

GSC

And for any of you who are wondering…the answer is yes :wink:

8 Likes

Dam can I be the first to send my address for some lifesavers ?

1 Like

lol…I’ve been trying to arrange distribution with Sebring before I open the sign up Wiki. I know we all hope he & his family are ok, and that we’ll hear from him soon.

1 Like

@Purple-N-Hairy just wanted to give you a shout out and thanks for the Lifesaver beans when I first joined. I popped four this spring, one didn’t make it two were males and one female. The female is still in veg waiting on better environmental conditions. The males were cross pollinated with double grape autos for shits and giggles.

Also, shout out to @BogSeeds rip for without his work we wouldn’t have had this wonderful strain.

5 Likes

Yummy - that sounds like a berry grape cross- or, I mean - a very great cross. I was never really able to nail the aroma that my Lifesaver males and mothers put off, berry or grape, but they were verrry sweet and intoxicating.

Thanks for the update, @BRMTreefarmer. Good luck with that Lifesaver lady you still have going, and please let me know how your Lifesaver x Double Grape Autos turn out!

2 Likes