Please help. 18 plants yellowing again!!!

Under led it’s usually mag. What people don’t get is its good to let the pH drift within the 5.8 and 6 4 range so the plant can uptake ALL the elements it needs to thrive. Most growers try to keep the pH static and that’s not good.

4 Likes

go to “GrowWeedEasy.com” there is picture guide of all marijuana plant issues (over use of nutes, ec)

2 Likes

I know you’re an hydro man ejem|nullxnull, in soil pH range is higher, completely agree with not mantaining always the same … beer3|nullxnull

Soil pH chart

5 Likes

Yes even bought a new one and yes I’ve always calibrated my pens

3 Likes

5 Likes
3 Likes

About the “Did I calibrate” the ph pen. There are no bad or dumb questions. I will always have a lot to learn. Growing for a long time and still trying to learn more from mistakes to new ideas!

5 Likes

Bro. It was me that said that. I’m a nightmare with cleaning and collaboration. I keep putting it off. My grows have suffered bad because of my laziness. I end up chasing problems and eventually creating more. I’ve had some epic grows in the past. Past 2 years not so much because I have the “ill do it tomorrow” attitude that i need to adjust.
Honest. Be vigilant with cleaning your meters.

5 Likes

@AzSeaindooin420 is good with organic inputs… Maybe he can help as well as @ReikoX

1 Like

I find they consume more Magnesium under LEDs than any other lighting. If you meet their needs however :sunglasses::fire:

4 Likes

It’s also nice if you put it in your bath. Win win I say :+1:

3 Likes

So many pH pens over the years…hate the things :smiley: had to always keep a bottle of reagent to hand anyway for when they inevitably fail so for some time now I’ve only used the drops. Cheap and accurate :+1:

Forgot about the bath benefits. Good call bro :+1:

3 Likes

Accurate enough that the pH drift I talk about is covered though :crazy_face:

1 Like

I just put in 3 drops of pH down per gallon every time these days and let the water board do their thang :grin:

4 Likes

I grow with LEDs and didn’t realize they cause them to use more Mg, thanks for that tidbit!

2 Likes

Ya I’d agree with mag def, calcium u would see rust spots on the leaves but the super green veins and everything yellow around it is classic mag issue.

Def would be curious of your soil pH if you have been manually adjusting it or your water source

3 Likes

Tap water. I sprayed with Epsom salt today. Next time I’ll also spray with seaweed kelp. Tomorrow morning I’m watering, I will check the run off PH and post
How often of the salts? Always foliar spray? Or into the soil? Alternate cal/mag one week - Salts the next?

Albannach, do you think the original 1/2 cup lime was good enough to adjust the ph to a good spot? More lime added now? Or would that help? My slurry test showed a ph of 6 to 6.4. I covered 2 cups of soil with 2-3 cups of distilled water and let it sit for a few hours then tested the water. Is that the correct way to do the test?

1 Like

[
Rhai88 thank you for the names!

[AzSeaindooin420
How would I manually adjust the ph? By adding more lime as a top dressing?

1 Like

What strain?