Please help. 18 plants yellowing again!!!

Combination of too much light on some and seaweed hormone issues on the one that’s gnarling. You’ll have to wait for new growth to see results but just addressing the deficiency that’s showing is temporary and the bigger picture should be addressed.

Advice would be to back off lights by dimmer or height, reduce seaweed use by half and wait 3-4 days. You can foliar feed them to help them alone but the one gnarling I’d use cal-mag or something with N to help them green up a bit faster. These tents combined with LED’s are so good it’s not a problem we’re used to having back in the day haha
You could also amp up feed,air and water as well and not slow down but that’s a little harder to judge unless you’re ran a specific plant enough to know what it’ll take.

Good luck and it’s nothing they cannot come back from with a little persistence.

Welcome to OG as well!

4 Likes

I’d try a flush w just phed water it may be a salt build up, I recently had a zinc issues using ro water to many minerals your using distilled so it may be from the lime and cal/mg, zinc looks similar to mag definitely it is on newer growth the veins will remain green and yellow in between brown spot will start to appear as if worsens

Happy growing :seedling:

When people say CalMag issue the solution might not be adding CalMag but fixing the pH. This was the solution to my problems which were the same as OP

Someone posted this graphic elsewhere which is awesome

Edit: although medium might be different

Hydroponic pH chart

1 Like

Throw some fertilome chelated iron on them.

Looks more like zinc to me with the top yellowing and whorling and the burnt tips. If thats the case it could be from either a def of zinc or an overabundance of phosphorous.
Good luck

1 Like

Sounds like your a wee bit low for soil at ph6, thats good for coco but 6.4 is good for soil so it depends on how accurate your slurry tests are. For better accuracy your supposed to leave the sample in purified/RO water for 24hrs before taking a reading. A benefit of organic growing is the plant should be able to correct minor pH issues by itself and your not that far out if that figure is accurate.

I’m going with too much light for the amount of Magnesium available so plants quickly run into defecit. Seen it a few times since I switched to LEDs. Go over 30W/sq foot and light burn also starts becoming an issue.

These modern LEDs are very powerful, more than we realise. Anyone still in doubt just think, did you need to wear fancy shades to protect your eyes before we switched to LEDs? I sure didn’t. Not even under 1000 Watt’s of high pressure sodium.

1 Like

As I don’t think it’s a nutrient problem I believe it’s the ph of the soil not high enough? Maybe a 1/2 cup isn’t enough? Can I top dress with lime

1 Like

Did you make that pH slurry test? hum|nullxnull

1 Like

I wouldn’t top dress with lime, you’ll just end up burning the roots. You could pot up into bigger pots but i just had another look at your pics. Looks like the lower leaves are ok so i’m going with some earlier suggestions, light burn.
I see it a lot with good quality LED lights in tents. Can you turn it down a bit or raise it?

Yes I’m veg I’m running the lights at 60%. These are clones from my mother plants from prior grows. The Royal Gorilla #1 pheno and Royal Gorilla #3 pheno. Also Simple Wedding Cake from Pheno Finders. They were Amazing plants! 4-5 Ozs per plant of top shelve. Killer Christmas Tree structure. Same lights, same process I believe. I believe I did higher ph when watering and feeding that grow (3 grows ago). As mentioned the last 2 have been horrible. - turned entire crop into bubble hash.
Yes I did a 24 hour slurry test with 6 plants. Averaged out to a 6.3 or so ph

[MimirKush
By using Fox farm along with my dry ingredients listed in the start of the post do you think there could be a Zink problem? If so what would you do?

1 Like

Might be a stupid question but could they be root bound?

1 Like

This may help

I was also going to say Zinc deficiency. When I’ve run into this, it’s always been a PH issue that didn’t allow the plant to uptake the zinc appropriately. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Everything is related to ph I’m just assuming it’s off some how

The flush will help the lock out due to the ph issue and the compost tea will replace all the good stuff the flush washed away I like the jacks 15.5 /0/0
But the Epson salts spray will be a quick fix

Once flushed correct feed regimen to adjust deficiency

Imho
Nice chart !!
Some plants are just a bit fussy :tired_face:

Paps

3 Likes

1 Like

I think you’re right, I notice now that the interveinal chlorosis appears in the new leaves, so Zinc def:

There’s no Zinc uptake with a pH higher than 7.0, which is not the case, so an excess of Phosphorous might be the origin, same symptoms than Zinc def:

Upon this chart that may be happening:

b2aaa58ca9f4e75a5c4eda77500d9d814276d05a_2_535x500

6 Likes

Yeah i think its very possible with promix. Its a neutral media so it runs a bit closer to hydro in its ph ranges your ph seems within range, id check the e.c. Also ive always every time had issues with fox farm if its not just the trio together and some supplements during flower.

This is my 2nd grow that I turned into Bubble Hash, all 18 plants.
10’x 10’ tent
Spider Farmer LEDs
Perfect temps and humidity
All plants from clones
Royal Gorilla pheno *1
Simple Wedding Cake pheno 3
Numerous new strains.
Original plants which I made into mothers were top shelf and after 10 week veg produced 4-5 Ozs per plant.
Soil - 6 Gallons pot size
1/2 cup domolite lime (powered)
1/4 cup Alfalfa
1/4 cup Kelp
6 cups Earthworm Castings
1/2 cup Dr Earth 444
When watering I use per 2 1/2 gallon container
1 tbs Fox Farm grow big - 1/2 tsp Recharge - 2 tsp Cal/mag - 1 tsp Seaweed PH to 6.2 or so
Plants are 7 weeks in veg. All pics are 7 week old clones.

7 Likes

3 Likes