PNH's Greenleaf Nutrients 2 Part Formula Grow Show

Week 5 Update

Things are starting to look interesting.

Nutes:
Part A: 4.2 grams/gallon
Part B: 2.5 grams/gallon
Bud Explosion: 1 gram/gallon

I’ll crank the light up to 1000W this week. My 50 pound CO2 tank ran out a few days ago, so I’ll get it replaced tomorrow. I doubt this had any lasting impact on vigor, but when I crank up the light, I want to have the additional CO2 as I enter the last half of this grow.

9 Likes

Week 6 Update

They’re starting to build density. This strain (GSCE) has typically taken 69 to 72 days in soil (for me) and a little less than that in hydro, so - about 3 weeks to go. The fireworks begin now, though!

The foggy first picture is due to a foggy lens.

Nutes:
Part B: 2.0 grams/gallon
Bud Explosion: 1.5 grams/gallon

The light was finally turned up to 1000W this week and the CO2 has been replaced and is set at 1200 ppm.

And here’s a sneak preview of what they’ll look like when they’re finished, although a little smaller than these plants! I started the flush on these a few days ago and will be trimming the first plant tomorrow or the day after. The pictures don’t do justice to the density and weight of these buds!

16 Likes

Week 7 Update

Nutes:
Part B: 1.8 grams/gallon

13 Likes

Week 9 Update (skipped a week because this seems like a dud thread! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

Nutes:
Part B: 1.8 grams/gallon

I’ll be starting the flush soon…

Ok, we’re nearing the end of this grow show. When I’m finished trimming, drying and weighing, I will share something that will make some of you cringe, especially Greenleaf Nutrients!

The first pic shows a small, lower bud that isn’t getting as much light as the bigger buds on top. Still, it looks very healthy with a nice coverage of triches. The 2nd pic shows where that bud is in relation to the plant:

These 2 pics show the 10 plants from 3 different perspectives:

And here are a couple of random colas:

And finally, my entire room - at least what I could fit into the frame. I have 2 hydro grows going, and in the middle, my soil grows. TIGHT QUARTERS, FOR SURE!

16 Likes

So the trimming begins…

Although I’ve been growing this strain (GSCE) for over a year, this is the first hydro grow run in the colder months - so it took a little longer than expected. It looks good, though! Today, finally - I started the trimming process. It’ll probably take me a week to finish trimming.

Here’s a shot of all the plants before I started trimming. It was taken during lights-off with a flash, but you get the idea…

And here’s a shot with the lights on after I took the top buds/colas off the first 2 plants (bottom parts of the pic)

Here are a couple random bud pics with the lights off and the flash on:

And here’s some of the buds I chopped today, taken without a flash.

Pictures speak a thousand words, but I’m not sure you can see just how f*ing dense and heavy these are. And the aroma…intoxicating!

Don’t you love growing in the colder months when the colors, especially the purples, really POP?!

Since I started this thread to show the Greenleaf Nutrients MEGACROP 2 Part Formula, and I’m now in the flush stage, I can tally up just how much product was consumed and what the total cost was. Is this info of any interest to any of you?

18 Likes

Certainly am interested @Purple-N-Hairy!!

4 Likes

Looking great mind if I ask what ppm’s We’re you feeding during flower?

2 Likes

Never checked! Hell, I barely checked pH until I started the flush!

2 Likes

@Sasquatch, I’m assuming you were saying that you were interested in knowing the amount of product I used and the total cost? If not, please ignore…

So here are the numbers in US Dollars:

Product Prices:
3000 Gram Bag of Megacrop Part A: $20.72
3000 Gram Bag of Megacrop Part B: $20.72
1000 Gram Bag of Bud Explosion: $12.20

Total Product Used:
Megacrop Part A: 406.5 grams
Megacrop Part B: 256 grams
Bud Explosion: 130 grams

Total Costs:
Part A: $2.80
Part B: $1.77
Bud Explosion: $1.59

Total: $6.16
:exploding_head: :nerd_face:

FULL DISCLOSURE: These plants were fed these nutrients for about 72 days, and then I started the flush. I did not include the cost of the Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus. My water is RO. The first 5 weeks, they were under 600W HPS, then turned up to 1000W. I’m expecting around 3 pounds (based on previous grow with the same strain and number of plants).

12 Likes

Like the way you think @Purple-N-Hairy! Thanks for the breakdown, definitely affordable.

3 Likes

I wanted to provide a little update. In this thread, along with the 10 plants I based this grow show on, I showed another 4 plant grow of this same strain using the same Greenleaf Nutrients Megacrop 2 Part Formula. Those plants started out much bigger when I put them into 12/12, and were farther along than the main grow show. As a reminder, here’s a few pics of the other grow:

As you can see, there are 4 plants grown in 5 gallon buckets. Two of them were grown in a bucket lid net pot and two were grown in (mostly) hydroton. I say mostly because you can clearly see the gravel I have in one of the net pots. I also have gravel in most of the buckets, AND several large rocks. Like, 10 to 20 pound rocks. WHY? Because I needed displacement to ensure when the buckets would fill with nutrients, it would reach the bottoms of the net pots and the roots of the newly transplanted plants.

tl;dr
I finally weighed up those big plants and the 3 largest plants produced over 27 ounces!!

I might have to rethink my setup. I was fully planning to continue with my mini scrogs, but there are big advantages to growing fewer LARGE plants using the same basic methods.

Oh, I also used less than $8 in nutrients for the entire grow.

16 Likes

Ok, I guess I’ll button up this dud of a thread :laughing: :man_shrugging:

The final weight is in for those 10 plants: 46.25 ounces. Not quite 3 pounds, but not bad! As a reminder, they were grown under a 600W HPS for the first half of 12/12, then I cranked it up to 1000W.

As previously posted, the total amount spent on Greenleaf Nutrients’ Megacrop 2 Part Formula was $6.16. But I also used Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus because I use RO water. That’s it - no other nutrients or additives, not even a pH adjuster.

And because a picture says a thousand words, here’s a few thousand for ya!

23 Likes

Hi! Great grow! Great thread! What was the quantity of Greenleaf Nutrients’ Megacrop 2 Part Formula you purchased? It is offered in several quantities.

Thanks for a great thread! Very impressive! tup

smoke,
WHAB

3 Likes

Thanks, @WhiteHotAfterburner!

Parts A & B: 3000g bag
Bud Explosion: 1000g bag

I was just on their website and saw that they’re out of stock of those quantities, but they have the 25 pound bags of the A&B and the 35 pound bags of Bud Explosion.

TBH, @GreenleafNutrients often runs out of the smaller bags, but always seem to have the larger bags available. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that they can break open the larger bags to meet the demand for the smaller bags. VERY disappointing. :grimacing:

9 Likes

Wow that’s a great setup you’ve got. I’m glad you got some some shots with the lights off before harvest, the colors on those buds are beautiful. You can tell they’re super dense too…dwc rules for that

If I give you $10 to cover expenses can you do a round for me?? :sunglasses:

5 Likes

lol - $10?!! That’s a huge premium over what I spend on nutes for a grow! You are toooo generous, @beacher :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

I’ve used mega crop v2 (one part) for a couple years now and I love it for veg, but find it lacks for flowering. Maybe I’ll grab some of this 2 part for budding and have cheap nutes for life… can’t argue with results like yours!

6 Likes

I concur. My previous nutes when I was growing in my ebb and flow bucket system was House & Garden’s (mostly) complete line. I got excellent results from H&G, but I spent more on 1 sachet of Shooting Powder than I spend on an entire grow using GLN - and I would go through 7 sachets per grow! I’m sure there’s still room for improvement with the Megacrop 2 part + Bud Explosion, but I haven’t seen an obvious weakness. Then again, until now, I’ve only grown my GSC strain, so I might see issues with my current grow of JOTI’s Black Candyland and Black Cookies at some point. Or not :man_shrugging:

10 Likes

Thanks for the response. I truly appreciate it! tup

Yes, I checked their page before I posed the question. I don’t mind buying a larger quantity. I was just wondering what you purchased. I would have preferred a smaller quantity just to try it out. But, your results cannot be denied and worthy of a larger purchase. I can also use it outdoors, the website says…

Very impressive, @Purple-N-Hairy !

Thanks again, man! tup

smoke,
WHAB

3 Likes

Thanks very much!!

With such large quantities, you’ll definitely need to take precautions with how you store it because it’s very hydrophilic. I store mine in a cooler, which is stored in a humidity controlled room (not the grow room). If you expose it to humidity, the contents of the bags will become big clumps that are hard to work with. If you aren’t in a hurry, just give it a little time and perhaps GLN will get their act together and restock the smaller bags.

4 Likes