BLOOGIES F2 - D5

5 Likes

GOLDEN NUGGET - D13

And here’s the runt now:

6 Likes

BLOOGIES F2 - D6

4 Likes

4 Likes

Those above two were a Tahoe OG BX and a Garanimals(f) x Tahoe OG(m), both from Demeter Genetics.

This one is a very shy Bloogies CBD, the first one up of 9. (third day since planting)

3 Likes

Fancy shmancy photoshop shmotoshop. Pictured are four unknown seedlings of the Cinderella 99 Mix from Fleur du Mal Seeds. I have more of these seeds planted. Any of the seeds from this mix could be any one of the below strains, and I might not know until flowering, or I might not know until years later looking back on this, or I might not ever know.

– ESB x C99
– California Orange x C99
– (Durban Thai-High Flyer x C99) x (ESB x Durban)

I’m hoping for either of the two that isn’t the (Durban Thai-High Flyer x C99) x (ESB x Durban), as I have 25 more seeds from the Durban Mix pack offered by FDM, which also contains that strain. I’m a big fan of citrus, so I’m hoping California Orange shows up and lives up to its’ name with a big orange-crush blast of trichs to the face.

6 Likes

Been doing less updates because like there’s 35+ seedlings and 25 of them look pretty similar. Kept looking at the photos and being like, “Wait… what strain is IMG_2849 and what strain is IMG_2850… goddamnit.” So I figured the difference must not be all that exciting. Plus been real busy writing, making recipes, collectin materials, etc.

Updates since last post: gave a kelp meal topdress, foliar labs+imo, started FPJ and SST recipes for 3-5 days from now. also watered once with a fungal dom humic tea.

but i thought you guys might get a kick out of this SST i made: (will post updates)

6 Likes

Looks like cannabis, corn, and alfalfa seed to me :wink:

3 Likes

yeah, that’s correct. SST@ 24hrs:

edit: SST @ about 48 hrs:

8 Likes

Never seen a three combo SST before looks like you have your basses covered with that one!

2 Likes

I am in shock! That looks like one tasty salad! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

okay, so my camera is really fucked lol. when i go to take a picture, 50% of the time it just says “error: remove battery pack” kinda message. so i take the battery pack out, put it back in, and take a couple pics before it does it again. sometimes it does it like 5 times in a row. so i’m like, knelt down on the ground in my garden, holding a delicate manual focus, trying to take a picture like 15-20+ times… literally breaking a sweat doin some ghetto yoga pose. and then when i finally think i got it, i go to my desktop work station and the photos are all fucked. totally not radical

lately i’ve been getting really frustrated with it. but sometimes the camera just randomly works for a couple pics. anyways, ill get a new camera eventually. hoping to get a video camera and a led microscope camera (40x-1000x) and starting a youtube channel to show footage of microbial life and the plants and stuff. maybe some foraging adventures in the forest.

but right now all my budget is pretty dedicated to straight up supplies for next year’s grows (soil, pots etc.). got some exciting shit planned!

gonzo gong show goin’ on now:

some of them were like, almost salvagable with cropping

7 Likes

Extreme frustration aside, it’s got an artsy feel to it. Just start cropping in a wooden picture frame to each photo and tell people prints are in limited stock. You’ll make a killing

6 Likes

Hey bro just wondering how the plants are coming along . The islands you say. Caribbean?

1 Like

Will provide update soon.

Vancouver Island

1 Like

Out of the 127 reg seeds my 38 interesting females in 25gal fabric pots were chopped/seized by RCMP end of July, before they began to flower. Was away on work and missed it all. No charges. Stalks were baseball bats too thick to be loppered through and boot prints were in the pots by the half-cut-through, half-torn-and-twisted-off stalks. My solace in that moment was how it looked like a struggle for the two officers that came out, and I imagined them spending about 40 minutes on it breaking a sweat in those dark clothes in full sun, middle of summer. Anyways. Bummer but I know the run did me lot of good–sent out over 1700 clones from 8 really interesting females and collected pollen from a Golden Nugget (Golden Goat leaning) male; also a super tight structured very prolific pollen sac Durban Poison male; and strong citrus smelling, sticky Durban Thai High-Flyer x California Orange male.

Also, I had a backup spot for plants I hadn’t decided on yet, kind of like an overflower area; a clearing in the forest on my 5acre lot near a pond–super shady and low maintenance location; through a 5 week drought in July/August I didn’t water once. And almost no wind there. They’re doing great right now, except for poor bud structure and very slow ripening time. The extremely low light levels, coupled with no sunrise or sunset light pushed their flowering back quite a bit. They didn’t start flowering until like, September 8th… on track to finish November 10th lol. (won’t happen)

Anyway, I put Golden Nugget #1, #2, #3, #4, and #5 there. Also an unsexed Bloogies F2 from seed. And a Tahoe OG BX clone. In the ground with a bag of compost and a handful of bonemeal.

Chucked the DTHFxCali Orange pollen at a very fruity 8-wk Texada keeper cut my friend has had for 18yrs. And we also threw some pollen on a clone he got from a strain he said was “Alien”–but he’s the kind of guy that might not notice if the name was Alien or Alien OG or Alien Rift or any other number of Alien crosses or phenos it could be. But whatever, it smells dank, finishes in 8wks, has incredible PM and bud rot resistance, yields well, and doesn’t need much support. There’s a video of us pollinating the Texada and the Alien yesterday on buddy’s cell phone. Trying to get it for my YouTube channel.

I hand pollinated three Golden Nugget females with two different male pollens each–another Golden Nugget (goat leaning) male from the same seed set, and a stable Durban Poison line from Peak Seeds on one branch of each GN plant. Then I threw some of that same male Golden Nugget pollen on a Tahoe OG BX keeper cut.

I like to hand pollinate with an ultra fine tipped synthetic paintbrush, trying to apply the pollen on budsites likely to ripen; that is, unlikely to mold or be eaten by deer.

The Golden Nugget male pollen I ruined -_-. I collected and stored it incorrectly. I saw no signs of fertilization and still see zero swollen calyxes throughout any of the applied areas.

Both the Durban and the DTHFxCali.Orange pollen were plentiful, collected and stored well. Pollination was successful in those attempts.

Now, if the cops chopping it all down wasn’t crazy enough, check out these next two stories.

So Phillipe, the m-fing VP of Tilray comes by my place. He’s a friend of a friend. She talked me up and told him to check out my clone operation. Dude comes by and I have like 600 clones left in 3.5" pots, 18 per 1020 tray, all up on the roof of my wood shop, lol. So I get up there with the ladder and bring down like 15-20 of these trays, let him look through them all. Then he saw my Golden Nugget keeper I chose. See, I wasn’t too stoked on GN #1, #2, #3 (great structure though), #4, or #5. The rest were males. Except Golden Nugget X (10). That one was a super early flowering, Stardawg-dominant, big donkey-dick, lemon pinesol and fuel, burns your nose to smell it beast. I put over 40 different genetics outside on April 21st this year, and only that GNX and a couple of my C99 crosses began to flower. Everything pulled out of preflower and got its veg on just fine. But the GNX kept flowering and made it to like WK5 or WK6 of flowering by time Phillipe came over. So it hella caught his eye–a garden full of vegging plants and only one with big donkey dick colas (had just begun to reveg in June, when I said I would post update–at that time I was excited to tell y’all this Tilray story.)

Anyways man, he totally scooped it up. Like, I kept the mom. But he got those clones off me. So I was just like celebrity star-struck kind of thing. I didn’t know he was the VP of Tilray at first. We’re just chatting about our mutual friend, shootin’ the shit, walkin’ around the garden for 3 or 4 minutes… and then he casually mentions he’s the Vice President of Tilray and I almost lost my shit, couldn’t remember the last half of my sentence I had just started. Anyways, I shoulda got contact info or something. I was listening to an interview with that guy who branded GSC (“Cookies”) and he said, “Your network is your networth.” and when I heard him say that I was immediately like, shit, I shoulda tried to get a number. (Or a job lol.)

Story gets better from here, though. Right before I’m about to go over to Ontario for this job offer (converting a conventional farm to organic practices), fuckin’ guy drops by again in July and surprises the shit out of me. He comes back to say how the plants are doing great, and probably a whole lot of other shit I can’t remember. I had just woken up and ripped a huge bowl of dry sift, walked into my backyard garden in my boxers and flip flops, was sayin’ goodmornin’ to the girls and he pulls up through the driveway. I’m obviously scattered as fuck. So I just am like, “Yep, yeah, sweet, yeah, cool, great, oh wicked, nice, sweet. Okay, thanks for stopping by. Goodbye.”

And that was pretty much the whole thing. He came over that 2nd time and said some shit, but I was too hyped and out of it to respond intelligibly. I think I wanted to ask for a job. That experience and those connections would give me great opportunities. I also wanted to ask to see his personal garden (the clones were for his own home grow, a backyard greenhouse). Anyways, was bummed for a couple days about that. Asked our mutual friend about when I might see him next, only to get some vague answers. The whole thing was weird vibes. Got the sense that my one friend didn’t want to share the other friend.

So I went to Ontario and the job wasn’t what I thought it’d be, so I came back home to see my garden chopped. Ran to the backup spot in the forest and it was good, so I decided to work with that. Had enough time to do a huge auto grow and recover some of that free sunlight energy opportunity for the rest of the season, but I was so bummed about everything that I didn’t. One factor is that I had just ordered 60 autos to be shipped to Ontario, where I was planning to stay until Oct. 10th, and so I planted those autos over there as soon as I got there (in an amazing fertile hay field after it’s 2nd cut). I only saw them get to their 4th and 5th nodes before I came back. Was some Berry White autos and GSC autos of some kind, can’t remember. So getting home was like losing two harvests. Coulda replanted right then and been harvesting a decent consolation crop right now/these coming weeks.

Been kind of hoping Phillipe rolls around here with cuts of that GNX pheno, or some dried bud that has a forced hermie seed in it. That Golden Nugget X was one of the genetics I totally lost to the cop-chop. By time I got out of my funk/pitty party, and finally asked everyone else I knew who got my clones of Golden Nugget X, most people had harvested prematurely due to the innundation of rain the PNW saw this season. Like 3-5 weeks of straight rain every day. One friend let me bring home her GNX 15gal pot after she harvested it–it was sitting outside in the compost pile. It had some extremely sparse growth points on one of the lower branches, so I tried to reveg it. (This is it: https://www.instagram.com/p/BoDims6F-fh/?utm_source=ig_web_options_share_sheet )

The reveg was a success–new growth began to sprout forth. Well, sorta. See, there was a problem. The pot was soaking wet, no perlite or drainage element in the mix, just bagged grocery store compost. Then it sat after harvest outside in the compost pile and picked up hella fungus gnats and other shit (my fly paper beside that pot looks whack). And then when I put those few leaves under light, they began to photosynthesize. Which we all know means that they began to transpire, which means the plant’s sap flow began again…

Well, because of the high RH of the rainy PNW outdoors compost pile, after her harvest of the plant, none of the cut wounds healed–there was not enough dryness in the air for them to dry out and seal up and heal. They stayed moist and open like a cut flower. So when the plant went under the light and began to transpire, the root zone began sending sap up through the main stalk to EVERY wounded branch, despite the fact that only ONE branch had any leaves or growth points remaining on it. The result was that sap/water was leaking out of every wound of the plant, rolling down every branch, and causing every branch and the main stalk to grow mold.

I tried spraying some LABS around the soil surface, base of the stalk where the most rot was occurring, and the wounds/branches. Didn’t help because the LABS was just constantly washed away by never-ending sap flow. So she soaked herself to death. I tried salvaging her so desperately. One rotten limb at a time came off until there was just one–the one with the leaves.

That’s the sad result. Story ends with that top set of leaves continuing to grow until it’s at about it’s 2nd or 3rd node from the branch (very small, about 4cm or 1" total growth), but then the leaves of the new growth started to take on brown splotches and went from fresh green to 50% rotted in 8hrs–a combination of fusarium wilt rot overunning the root zone and the consequential fungus gnat larvae population explosion devouring both afflicted, dead roots and, and the living roots that were enabling the growth.

If I had to try this again, I would have immediately planted a cover crop of alfalfa and white clover to help use water in the soil, and their roots would act like decoy roots for the fungus gnat larvae to eat–one cannabis root zone in one pot means 100% of the damage occurs to the cannabis roots, but 1000 individual root zones from overseeded cover crops can offset the damage (just my theory). And if I was uber gung-ho on trying to save it, I would order predatory nematodes. But for this time, I wasn’t willing to sink anymore in my losses.

So yeah, that’s how this whole grow log journal thing ends. Sorry I totally dropped off there with the content, posts, updates, etc. I’m getting into Instagram and YouTube right now. And The Dude Grows show. So I’m going to check out their community too. But I had the computer set up and remember about this OG.com grow journal I started, so I figured I better write way more than anyone will read and tell the story.

Right now I am hunting through some Skunk#1xBlueberry, excited to harvest seeds from our TexadaxDTHF sexy time and the AlienxDTHF seeds too. Also have these reg seeds I’m looking to sift through this winter:

Purple Prince
Royal Orange Cookies
Afghani Grapes
Presidential Purple 'Nanna
Fruity Pebbles
G13/NL#2 x Silver Pearl Haze (seriously have no idea where this came from–five seeds showed up in the mail from someone I’ve never heard of, at a time I wasn’t seed shopping or doing any ordering. Just out of the blue, these showed up in my mail. No note, no info, nothing. Just five seeds in a tiny glass jar with a cute little cork and sharpie written on the bubblewrap that says “G13/NL#2 x Silver Pearl Haze”. Still trying to figure that one out.

And then my bulk seeds I’m going through are:
60x Blueberry (Peak Seeds)
250x Royal Salute BX
250x Afghani Lemon Haze

Some ideas I had were finding a nice Blueberry male for a keeper stud (the breeder at Peak Seeds is legit and he has stable lines), which would be wicked to have around to add some hybrid vigor and some of that blueberry goodness to future projects.

Also excited about finding a Royal Orange Cookies male to pollinate a cut of my C99xCalifornia Orange momma… actually I love orange and citrus/fruity terps so much, I’ll probably do a small tent of C99xCali Orange and put 3-5 Royal Orange Cookies males in there for the genetic diversity… a Texada in there too to gift back to my friend (he’s a fruity pheno freak like me and a diehard Texada fan). that’d give me enough to do a serious 1000+ seeds dedicated pheno hunt (would be germinating and growing under 13/11 until 3rd node, then 11/13 until harvest… skip the cloning headache and really just bank on a successful reveg of the keepers… while getting extremely selective with my next round of males… and pretty much put everything else on pause to get the first few generations started… i can go back to smaller populations when I’ve found/know exactly what I want and can start cubing.)

Also thinking of getting some of Stoned Ninja’s Ninja Fruit F2s (or F1s if he has 'em) and trying to help enhance and stablize that intense insane purple color he stumbled into. I’d stumble into it with some Purple Prince and Afghani Grapes and see what’s up.

Anyways, by end of 2019 I’ll have tons of freebie tester seeds to send out to peeps. No idea what will be what yet. But next year’s outdoor will be a clusterfuck of chuckin’. Not interested in any sinsemilla crops anymore, really. Seems way more profitable and sustainable and valuable to the community to grow seeds and hash. Plenty of guys out there pulling off sick flowers. And one day I might try to push my skill and see if I myself have what it takes to hang with the real flower growers in a Cup. Win a cup, blow up, jack up seed prices, sell merch?

Thanks for reading.

tl;dr: Yeah shit this is too long. I sure as shit didn’t read it.

3 Likes

Right, forgot to mention some of the other genetics I salvaged after the cutdown.

1. I got my delicious C99xCali Orange keeper. Buddy flowered it outdoors and it got bud rot, mildew. His didn’t make it to harvest. But luckilyI I got a flowering clone off it and it’s now a mom revegging.
  2. The Tahoe OG BX, got a clone from it and it’s now a mom.
  3. The Golden Nugget #2 was a surprise winner in flower–had that beautiful classic OG stacking, excellent node spacing, hardly any leaves at all (literally two fans per bud site). With adequate light it looks like it’d put out little golf balls all over with no spear-shaped colas, even at the top. Real nice uniformity and the structure affords good air flow. Highly susceptible to PM though. OH, and looks like a decent hash maker–those two fan leaves on each bud site started frosting up wk2 of flower and now the frost goes to the tip of the leaves.
  4. Golden Nuggets #1, #2, #3, #4, and #5 all had clones token and are being flowered indoors under 1000w HPS right now. (Buddy wants to choose one of the phenos to keep.) So those are kickin’ around.
  5. The Bloogies F2 from Demeter Genetics came out fucking beautiful. Was grown outdoors by a lady gardener, but when the rain came, instead of harvesting early or losing it, she set up 450w 8-bulb T5 fixtures in her car port and brought everything in. They finished up in there under that 6500k cold white, blue heavy spectrum, and holy crap were they gorgeous purples and oranges and all sorts of fall colours in the fade. And the trichs and flavor are insane. She harvested the top 90% of the plant, left on like 5 nugs at the bottom. I might reveg it. But she just harvested, so I’m gonna try the smoke in a bit here and see if it’s worth taking on. Either way, she’s leaving it in the corner of her grow room / car port for another month with the C99xCali Orange (which is like an 11 or 12 week it’s looking like)… she’s hoping the Bloogies will force a fem seed as it senesces.

And I picked up a cut of that Alien because it smells pretty great. Gonna hold it as a mom for a bit. Did so well vs. PM and had such sturdy branches and even balanced structure, I think I might do a ton of clones for outdoors for my neighbours next year. This year I gave them all these unproven hybrids and everyone had a mixed bag.

3 Likes

Photos of my backyard girls before they were chopped. I was growing C99, C99xESB, C99xCalifornia Orange, Durban Poison, Durban Thai High-Flyer, Golden Nugget, Garanimals, Tahoe (BX) and Tahoe (BX) x Galactic Jack, Bloogies F2, Bloogies CBD all from seed. Also not pictured are 12x Blueberry x OG Kush females from seed and a gifted Master Kush clone which was in the ground in the vegetable garden.

I find it immensely disturbing that in July, when the RCMP cut them down, there were no charges. But after “legalization” in Canada, if they were to come chop them down today, I’d be looking at 14 years in prison.

6 Likes

These videos are all of different from-seed plants I posted earlier on in this thread. Most of them advanced further than this maturity. Nov. 12th now and still have a couple going. I don’t know how to edit the title of this thread, but I ended up growing 147/127 seeds through 2018.

I am popping 740+ seeds. Maybe 100-300 more.

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s not legalization, that’s only regulation and selective capitalization by millionaires hoping to make it into Forbes. Cannabis sold openly at farmers markets should be the norm. Prices would fall through the floor and the black market would collapse.

Also, Beautiful plants. :smile: lmfao

1 Like