Pollenated flower question

I’ve looked around but I can’t really find any concrete information on this subject. I reversed a plant about 4-5 weeks ago and they are showing pollen sacs. Some of them look open but is there any way to really tell if one of my female plants in my tent has been pollinated? I’ve seen some thing that say if you see the pistil turning brown/orange at the tip then it has been pollinated but is that the case?

Long time lurker first time poster.

6 Likes

This is what pistils look like when they got hit with pollen 24 hours ago:

But yes they do go brown and the calyxes should swell after a bit of time.

8 Likes

Oh ok this is what basically sparked my question, I took this one last weekend and was curious if this is a sign that… I’ve only seen it on a few of the flowers so far

5 Likes

If you check out my journal you will see daily pics and see them each day through pollination :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If you see a white layer under the pollen sacs of the male I can assure you the female has been hit as long as said female has thrown pistils. :+1:

4 Likes

I suspect that it might be that the pistils are just getting old.
If you look closely at Foreigner’s picture you’ll see the pistols are showing the characteristic ‘frizzies’ (kinked pistils) this is caused by the pollen growing a tube down through the pistil.
Yours are still straight, which suggests to me that that process hasn’t happened…

but hey, I’ve been wrong before… :wink:

Cheers
G

9 Likes

As usual the answer is “bukake” :shower::shower::shower::shower:

:evergreen_tree: it takes a village

5 Likes

You should see what goes on in @cannabissequoia ’s garden after dark.

4 Likes

thats just damage from bumping and or say water, pollinated pistils the whole thing ends up going brown once the deed is done

2 Likes