Popping the Crickets and Cicada’s Lazy Dog today

Where is that seed company from? Sounds like a southern thing. I’ll try and look them up. Their gear looks nice.

1 Like

Okay, Bob Hemphill… I hadn’t heard about it I don’t think. Looks like all fire.

2 Likes

Graham is from Va , he’s the breeder for Crickets and Cicadas seeds aka Bob Hemphill. He’s like a librarian of all the rare Dutch classics … https://www.jbcseeds.com/crickets-and-cicada-seeds/

3 Likes

This podcast is a great listen . This is when Bob was still the breeder for Coastal seeds … https://podtail.com/en/podcast/the-pot-cast/episode-11-mr-bob-hemphill-of-coastal-seeds/

5 Likes

I love Bob, he’s a really great guy as well as a competent breeder. Have some of his old Coastal work—Black Domina x NL1, Romulan x NL1, TKxM10, TKxNL1… can’t wait to see what his new work comes up with. His NL2xNL2/5 looks killer, too.

I’ll be checking back in regularly, for sure. Good luck!

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure that’s the podcast I heard. I’ll go back and listen again. I always like to go back and listen to the good ones 3-4 times because they’re so long and I’m smoking up right along with them. So, I get a lot of stuff I missed before.

He’s close my age I believe and I’ve lived all over that region near where he’s from. Lots of good pot history in the Appalachian region. I’ll look at the JBC link. Those are some nice looking pics and the bud looks special. I’m watching this thread now. Best vibes with the grow. It sounds tasty. peace

4 Likes

I have some old Coastal beans as well . Burmese IBL . Puck Yeah , and G13/Hp NL 1 … I wish I had more space lol …

6 Likes

Those TK crosses sound fire …

4 Likes

Looking good … April 20 they’ll be outside … I’m popping Blueberry soon … Ak Bean Brains work … As well as a friends Blueberry /ECSD… An open pollination of Coastal Burmese is happening as well . That’s about all for my 2020 …

6 Likes

10 Likes

Love that dark green foliage! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Aptus Nutes … All organic lab grade … Email Kris @aptususa , he’ll ship you free samples . I’m doing an experiment with seeing the difference between the Earth Juice I’ve used for years and the Aptus , for shits and giggles .

So far this plants I’ve used Aptus on have exploded quicker in veg than I’ve ever seen …

3 Likes

My birthday is 4/20, so hit me up and I will bless your plants before you put them out. If it works maybe I can start charging for it. Maybe sit in a huge chair out by the road and let people come for a drive by blessing. peace

7 Likes

Pope GMan……this Summer, when mine start to flower, I’ll hit your road with a few hanging out each window. All I ask is that you hit 'em with some of your famous “Doobie Dust” to insure a successful harvest…….I’m counting on ya, Bro!!!

4 Likes

Bro, I gotta PM you but I’m still catching my breath and trying to decide what questions to ask, and when. lol… The love has really been flowing this last year. I hope I can make something special to shower on the whole OG community.

As @oleskool830 always says, “nuttin’ but love” brother!

5 Likes

There should be some sweet mixes in those beans. I’ll be following along.
Like you guys, I also have a bunch of the coastal stuff I need to dig into. So many seeds, so little space…
Heres a black lights I ran last run. Sort of a horseradish grapefruit thing happening. Doesn’t hit as hard as I’d hoped, but a nice mellow high. Cheers.

15 Likes

@OleReynard didn’t you run these and say they weren’t the greatest ?? I love Coastal work but I’m hearing from a few that there are some duds in the Black Domina crosses …

5 Likes

I got a blk dom/ss from ak. Just flipped about a week ago bean brains said he got his blk dom from Bob. So I shall see.

4 Likes

Cool man . Can wait to hear about his gear …AK Bean brains has so many I want to run .

5 Likes

I asked akbb, and his black domina is different from the southern Humboldt domina that bob hemphill has. Think I heard bob got his cut from the nature farmer. I think he used Bob’s nl1 from kagyu to do his black domina backcross, as a collaboration. Also know he has Bob’s black domina, so he might be playing with it too.

5 Likes