Potency of Seeded Bud

Ii shouldnt have to take all of you to school here. Honestly getting old. Dont combat what i say if you don’t know shrug yourtalking about. Not also

1 Like

Note main purpose. Now back to teaching what you dont know.

3 Likes

I have a very nice (I like it anyway) BD sativa pheno I grow outside every year. I always find 5 or so nice fat seeds on her - I put them away but I’ve never grown them, I just keep the original clone going until next spring. I see bananas late in flower though, not full blown hermies.

3 Likes

“Honest marijuana” via google of course the gold standard for botanical information! :smile: If trichomes “catch pollen” in the oil then how does the pollen grain get to the pistil? Pollen-pistil is the contact that makes a seed.

Apparently the plant evolved the oil in the trichomes to also confuse herbivores so they couldn’t remember the location of the cannabis patch.

btw I don’t think seeds decrease the potency of the flower. However a lot of times when you’re using seeded bud you end up with extra seeds casings that don’t have any trichomes, that could reduce overall potency.

7 Likes

Look im not trying to be a .ss just i dont talk if im not sure what im saying. I know most of this from reading also and actually growing this chit.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Seeded buds do have a lot of resins but useless material does get in the mix when smoking or making hash. When deseeded waste is extracted with butane a lot of high grade honey is obtained but bubblehash turns out degraded.

Ancient Jewish folks used seeded cannabis in temple burners and I find a seed can actually change the high and be quite spiritual. Bog

Sour Lifesaver is back!!

14 Likes

Sorry, but your citation does not say what you think it does.
It is referring to pistils, not trichomes.

The anatomy of the cannabis bud you typically smoke also contains pistils. These double strands of hair that grow out of the calyx material catch cannabis pollen from male pot plants to facilitate reproduction and flower production.

pulled from:

14 Likes

You are making it quite obvious that you either don’t understand, or there is a language barrier.

@Calyxander has provided the 100% correct information. Either take the time to admit your error and learn this correctly or don’t. It is up to you.

However, spreading absolutely false information around on the forum is not going to make you any new friends. It is all down hill from here if you choose your pride.

10 Likes

I was thinking the same thing, but didn’t want to get involved lol.

It says trichomes develop from the calyx and produce canabinoids. The 2 hair strands (pistils) catch the pollen to facilitate seed production.

Trichomes will catch all kinds of stuff as well as pollen, in their stickiness, but that’s where it stays, it doesn’t get used for making seeds.

6 Likes

You better not be smoking sweet BOG seeds lol. Send em my way, I’ll smoke em instead :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Seems that most agree it does not affect it much, I will post MY findings in here when the plants come down. Did not intend to start an argument, just wanted to know how it worked.

8 Likes

Either way it states clearly that thier main purpose is reproduction. Catching pollen.

So again mod or not im right.
Youre a mod that dont grow plants? Yall can kick me off the dickriding without a helmet here is ridiculous. Im gonna go grow dank while yall keep questioning fact with bs

2 Likes

Seeded early will be trash cause resin production stops. Seeded later on the better

2 Likes

Pride it is then…

10 Likes

No.

The main purpose of pistils is reproduction. The fact that pistils are sticky is an obvious advantage for catching pollen.

However, there are trichomes all over the plant, and the main purpose of them is NOT reproduction. Get it straight.

Or, let your pride and ignorance guide you.

8 Likes

Wrong again. Where the heck are you getting this crap?

Never mind. Don’t bother replying.

5 Likes

What he’s saying doesn’t even make any logical sense - If trichomes are there to ‘catch’ pollen, how does the pollen get out of the sticky mess that is the trichome and ONTO the pistil, where it needs to be for pollination to occur?

Pride it is indeed. :joy:

3 Likes

In my experience they are not as potent, significant slower to mature and often don’t taste as good, but I assume that’s just because they tend not to be so resiny. Easiest way to get to your seeds though will totally trash the smoke quality. I dry them crispy dry, rub it till it’s powder and then, in a technique that may be familiar to other old brick weed smokers, you can use a sheet of paper ( or a record sleeve lol) fold it/reopen it so it has a crease in the middle, tip your powder/seeds onto one end then raise that end and gently tap the underside of the paper and the seeds being heavier will roll down the paper into a bowl. Then I blow them to get the last bit of stuff and the lighter dead hollow seeds out and that’s it.

Here is a link to some real science on Trichome genetics and functions. It’s a bit heavy reading but is interesting and perhaps indicates that nobody is “wrong” and that there is a LOT of stuff we don’t know.

Tweezers bro if you are understandingly wanting to take a peek at your handiwork. Just some of those sharper pointed ones and you can slid the tip in around the seed to open the calyx to take a look at how they are maturing. Nornally if I am turning a whole plant into seeds I more or less let grow till it starts to die, if it’s a branch or two then it depends on how many I have, (last round I got more than 200 seeds off as single branch!) but I basically cut the plant when it was ready, and left the stump with the seeded branch for another week or until the majority where nice and dark brown and then I cut it as well, I have puled seeds out of a still maturing plant before and had them growing before mum was even harvested though so it’s a bit plant dependent as well.

6 Likes

Nice, thanks. So basically I can’t leave them too long? I’ll give them lots of extra time if that’s the case.

Also re the trichomes debate I don’t think anyone can definitively say what their main purpose is. I know what I like em for haha

6 Likes