Potsy's Garden of Weed

Hi guys! I am new to the community. I’ve been growing since February.

I’ve been trying to keep everything organic soil. I want to try to do TLS . Lots of learning. I’m loving this though.

I I have no idea what to expect. I’m quite intimidated by the whole flowering aspect. In all honesty I just don’t understand how the buds develop.

25 Likes

You have to change the light/dark cycle to 12 hours of each to get the plant to start flowering. It will stretch (grow really quickly) for about two weeks after you switch the light cycle then it will start forming buds.

Do you know what strain your plant is? What kind of light is that?

10 Likes

Guessing Jesus OG.

8 Likes

Well at each and every joint between a main stem and a secondary stem a little flower bract will grow. Rinse and repeat a few thousand times. The growth is exponential so the bigger the plant is the faster it will grow in “x” period of time.

The cells are filled with pectin which is mostly calcium. The chloroplasts are (mostly?) nitrogen surrounding a magnesium ion. The pith is boron, think of it as the asphalt on the highway. Most of your essential oils are sulphur and potassium driven iirc, and probably phosphorus too, as I know the fatty acids in the seeds are high in phosphorus.
None of that is all that important yet tho. As long as you have everything, and in relatively proper proportions, the whole flower process is just a waiting game.

Almost everyone has some crazy beginners luck tho. And it isn’t until your second or third grow that things get difficult. Lol

Ooooh, I should add. >90% of problems are related to too much or too little water, too often or too infrequently

13 Likes

You are in good hands.
:point_up:

Cheers
G

9 Likes

I’ll tag along chair pulled up joint rolled and popcorn :popcorn: ready

Puff puff pass :thought_balloon::thought_balloon::thought_balloon::thought_balloon:

8 Likes

Oh my goodness the other photos didn’t upload. Whoops

Thank you for letting me join your little club.

7 Likes

I am a new user. So they only allow me to post one picture per post

6 Likes

Just wait the initiation has not begun lol🤪

7 Likes

In retrospect I can totally understand how messed up that looks. It’s quite funny to me. Some girl posts that Jesus is a girl and shows a picture of a cannabis plant being grown by only a single CFL

17 Likes

This is Jesus. I have a terrible sense of humor

18 Likes

Cool. Yeah I started them on the 12 12 cycle a couple days ago.

I posted the strain information in the pics.

It’s a single CFL light bulb thing. LOL that is not what I used to grow the whole thing. It was a light I attached to supplement areas of darkness.

4 Likes

Let the games begin!

18 Likes

I have no clue. It’s a Frankenstein.

1 Like

Lol awesome I thought you were some rando who planted a bagseed and didn’t know what to do with it. Sweet setup there and some interesting genetics!

3 Likes

What lights are you using ?
Once you flip them to 12/12 you will enjoy Seeing accelerated growth Sometimes double!

Do you plan on defoliating ?

Using living soil is great who’s recipe ?
look into bloom tea start week 3 of flowering to help boost them a bit higher on the phosphorus through end week 5
Then use teas that are heavier in the potassium
Also from week 3 on less nitrogen in any supplements you use

Just my 2 cents
Peace

3 Likes

Awww you make my heart smile.

3 Likes

Welcome, I think you will find plenty of help here when problems arise.

1 Like

You seem like you’re doing pretty great for a beginner. If you pay attention, you can figure out 95% of weed growing out in a few cycles.

I try to think of it as if “I don’t grow weed, I maintain an environment weed can thrive in; the weed grows itself”.

6 Likes

Where have you been my whole life? Cooley wow I am floored by the amount of information you shared. It’s so incredibly kind of you. That’s just the kind of information I was looking for!

6 Likes