Potsy's Garden of Weed

Lights: Marshydro 600w led full spectrum, parfactworks 1000w led, 10w uv led, and another I don’t know what.

No specific recipe. Been just researching and doing what I can.

7 Likes

Hey, welcome to og looks like you got it down :+1:
Just a little bit to maybe help you or maybe not as you may know …

When people ask what recipe they mean what ingredients did you use to make up your soil.

In regards to the flowering all we really do is ask them to flower by changing to 12/12 lighting cycle and the plant does the rest, some sativa strains can be quite stubborn at starting to flower. the harder part is deciding when to harvest, looking forward into the future if i may do you know what trichomes are and how to look at them?
a common problem is people don’t have a way of checking when it comes near to time to harvest.

Is your light possibly this?

The named watts is sometimes misleading, don’t be disappointed though. the plants are growing good.

4 Likes

I have a few mars lights they are a decent light (2 reflector series ). Had them for 5 years some people don’t like them but they work fine
I believe the model you have doesn’t have a fan and can get hot you may want to get a small fan to keep heat down .
Living soil there are many recipes out there example sub cool’s and gas can coots and many more
I find some of them too hot so be careful also i ten to be a mad scientist when it comes to mixing soil

I do fine if you get a decent premixed soil and just Add some bone meal and blood meal it’s basically all you need
The plant will tell you what it needs

Your plants look great :+1:
Peace

6 Likes

Yeah, Diggy’s ‘Kung Foo’ rocks… :sunglasses: :+1:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Oh my God! I love you Bob. Yes!!!
I’m screaming yes because I’m totally on board with you the power consumption versus posted wattage. They’re using the 600-watt lingo as a form to describe as comparable. LEDs the conversion is usuals wattage / 6. So 600 divided by 6 equals 100. I forget the amperage equation. But the ones to that room is a 15 amp. Single phase to the house.

it’s so funny that you said that because I actually was making a video where I was rambling about it.

I’m familiar with load calcs on a larger scale. I used to work in energy distribution. Essentially for an engineering company that was contracted through for an electric/gas company (ie Xcel Energy)

Mini vent sesh… I am super fucking annoyed. Because I’m a new member I can only make like 15 posts a day. I’ve reached my limit. I’ve had to wait since last night to be able to reply. Quite frustrating…Ugh ugh… I’m a talker. I can’t handle these restraints. How long is new person timeout for?

You can blame them for this insane person post.

My soul recipe.
Peat moss
Vermiculite granules fine
Vermiculite granules medium
Fox farm blue teal bag
Foxfarm brown bag
Diatomaceous earth
Chicken poop fertilizer (not hot)
Epsom salt
Mushroom compost
Strawberry gelatin,
root beer
Honey
Beer
Bone meal
Pulverized egg shells
Dog hair

Currently brewing a banana leaf tea. Whole banana, Epsom salt, strawberry gelatin, beer, probiotics. I plan on blending diatomaceous earth and pulverized egg shells into it. I’ll keep it in my fridge. I would also like to add fresh coconut milk to it.
I wonder if I were to freeze it into large ice cubes, would it maintain all of the beneficials? That way I can just have the mixture ready to go as needed. Drop it into my watering bucket the night before with some water. Run a bubbler through it.

Yeah I know that’s a weird-ass mix above. When I was working, I got banned from participating in the chili cook-off events.
Starting vermicompost with red Wiggler’s, and a couple other miscellaneous worms. Approximately 3lbs similar mix as above but with less crazy shit… Well let’s face it, that’s I’m not going to stay that way.

I want to go to a local farm and pick up some fresh manure. :))

Thank you for saying that sativa is difficult to flower. I’ve been noticing that Jesus is being quite stubborn. She’s just really not starting her stretch at all. But it’s been just barely a week. And I am doing soil… Sigh. Is there a more firm way to know if your lady is in flower?

For flowering times, are they the same time frame throughout all grows? I mean hydroponics vs. Soil.

I definitely need to learn more about the trichomes. I have a magnifying glass. Do you think that would be enough? About how strong of a magnification do you think I will need? Would I be able to take a photo with my phone and zoom in?

10 Likes

You’re great. I I’m actually struggling to keep the heat up. I currently have a heater in my grow room set to turn off at 70 degrees. It’s pretty much always running.

I really really do like them. The reflectors really help. I have a different brand that I have as well. You can definitely see a difference in the way the light spreads.

My only thing is for flowering. It needs more red. Fortunately I have a red LED grow light as well. I must start incorporating that.

PS, I totally understand what you’re talkin about from mad scientist. I would love to hear about some of the weird s*** you throw into your soil.

3 Likes

Okay, is there a reason for all of these or did your grocery list get mixed up in here? What are the benefits for all of these?

I think you want coconut water, not coconut milk. I use a powdered version so it is easy to mix up small amounts quickly.

9 Likes

Hmm to answer a few questions hopefully …

Flowering Time depend upon the plants, usually if you know the strain then there will be information online about general times I think it says Jesus og can take 53-63 days to flower but you don’t ever really know if that’s from 12/12 or from first sign of from whenever the breeder decided to measure from its just a general guide.
The first signs of flowering usually happen at the nodes against the main stem, you will either get a pair of little hairs or Group’s of balls growing there and you can refer to the gender identification thread. I think it took 2 weeks for my cookies kush to start showing once I switched to 12/12, just be patient. Or send us pics :slight_smile:

Some plants don’t stretch at all. Some do.

The noobie time out only lasts 24 hours, you will boost your progress to non new by spending time on the forum using up your likes and posts.

For the magnification you need around 50 or 60 x zoom to see the trichomes. Googling images of each of these things will help lots to understand.

8 Likes

Yes you are absolutely right about the coconut water. Brain fart dot-dot-dot or maybe it’s too much cannabis he he. Regardless, where do you find powdered coconut water? That sounds brilliant! I was just planning on getting a whole coconut. Does powdered or canned still have the ability to stimulate growth??

Honey is similar to the reason why people will put molasses into their stuff. You’re trying to feed the microorganisms. That’s why it’s a living soil. You got to be careful and not do too much, but yeah just a smidge. Plus I’ve heard that it’s good to stimulate roots development.

Root beer is the fun version of molasses. And it has a couple of other interesting things. Licorice root. Sarsaparilla root. Vanilla bean. Hell even the carbonated water is good if you feed it at night.
I’m not talking large amounts here. Like an eighth of a cup diluted and spread out among 10 plants.

gelatin is also known as a slow-release fertilizer for nitrogen

Beer has yeast. Take away the alcohol and once again you can feed the microbiology in the soil.

This was my logic that I used. I don’t know if it’s much scientifical factbase. I’m really just having fun.

6 Likes

You are being fantastic Bob.

I just named her Jesus (I’m a terrible person he he)
She’s not a Jesus OG. I got the seeds from some guy doing seed testing. 5 pack genetics

I posted video. Thinking maybe that’ll just be easier than taking pictures. And sorry I sound like a chipmunk

3 Likes

I think, when you look at the bud sites you can see the little white hairs so she is going into flower. Don’t worry at all about it stretching (until it stretches and you have a giant on your hands hehehehe)

Your camera looks a little foggy, it may want a wipe. I wouldn’t worry about the soil as it looks like you are keeping it not too dry and not too wet :+1:

2 Likes

4 Likes

Really?!? Are you for real? Amazing!

That is so exciting. I’m so happy.

How can you tell? Teach me my yoga. I can be your grasshopper. As long as you can handle a few cliches.

3 Likes

Oh, it’s not foggy. It’s cracked. I need a new one. I can’t wait because I really do enjoy taking photos and tracking progress.

2 Likes

One of my favorite sites…

Cool, interesting take on adding sugars. I’ll drink my beer and let the plant make the sugars for the microbes. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

white-widow-male-female-differences

4 Likes

Wazzup!

I started a couple plants back in February and March indoors.

I would like to get your thoughts on putting any of them outside. I have them on a them on a 12-12 light cycle the past week. I am growing in soil.

Am I too far along in flowering?

I am particularly asking about this girl especially. I think I started her in March. I haven’t topped her. She doesn’t appear to be full-on in flower.

My plan would be to stick her outside. Transplant into a big burlap sack. Tie the main stem downwards facing north. Wire-net around.

8 Likes

Thoughts anyone? Or where can I go to find out

2 Likes

I would worry about it trying to reveg and hurting yield.

3 Likes

First thing to do would be check your daylight hours. What you can do is put them out once your daylight hours is close to 12/12 (don’t forget hardening off still applies) and as reiko said you chance them revegging putting them out now.

You would probably be safe enough at 13/11 or so as flowering at 12/12 is not exact. Correct me if I’m wrong please someone!

1 Like