Pre-98 BUBBA and my search for youth

Ok, I will get them out to you no later then Mon
Dm your info
I do not want anything in return.

11 Likes

Im running these Black Lime Bubba now and have several of the pre98 s1 from katsu im gonna run this year as well. I am also on the illusive bubba hunt and Ill keep you posted my friend.

6 Likes

Nice… I’ll be interested in these when available.
I’ve also got Black Lime Bubba from Katsu, had a friend grow them outside for me a few years ago, was actual trees.

3 Likes

How was the smoke? Mine is definitely more skunk/lime forward with little bubba

1 Like

I’ve also been on the look out for Katsu bubba, or the pre 98. Ran into some guy at the cannabis cup in Clio a few years back. It was the first one they aloud anybody to come and check it out no lakes card required. The line (to park your vehicle)was ridiculously long to get to the other ridiculously long line (to get into the event). Any who the guy had a few bubba snips he was selling. But he said they were already spoken for. I didn’t wanna be that out of town “guy”, I sure did want one of those cuts though

2 Likes

My indoor BLB ,) with crappy equipment lol

7 Likes

I would of had to be that “guy” I can uncomfortably ask for some beautiful genetics but never the beautiful woman. I’m scared of em

2 Likes

I ran Black Lime Bubba as well. Excellent smoke! I agree though - BLB is an example where the traits from the Bubba do not dominate because BLR is very dominant in its own right. In a pack, I got a BLR leaner, Bubba leaner and a mix of the two that were all winners. The BLR was super bright lime, and was much more vigorous.

The Bubba leaner was short, less sticky, but had a beautiful floral coffee thing going on.

That BLR seems to bring a beautiful floral trait with the lime to progeny. I pollinated both BLBs with a White Mocha male (The White Krome cut x Koffee) which turned out even better. The White Mocha brought out the floral, coffee and kush traits even more while amping up the potency. I popped another 10 or so of these to test to see how they do indoors this spring.

*Sorry for the screenshots - only pics I had of these girls left.

9 Likes

My quest for youth was a 2000 era White Widow. I managed to find some aged stock from a seedbanck with horrible germination rates but I’m here to tell you it can be done.

7 Likes

Good choice Love the Bubba. I wish you luck in your search.

1 Like

@Bobgrows I have been blessed to aquire some Pre-98 Bubba from a kind OGer and I hear they came from you. I’ve been searching for years and I’m excited to see my first female today. What can you tell me about them?

10 Likes

A strain I’ve held for many years.
Grows bushy, very dense buds, good Indica! Will need support either indoors or out. The buds get heavy. Flowers in about 8-9 weeks. Pretty easy plants to grow. You should do well with them. They will love that greenhouse. But watch humidity with this one, especially in flower. They are almost wet with trichomes. Keep humidity low and fans blowing.

21 Likes

Mmm Bubba I miss that taste. Also nice 2 hour buzz

1 Like

I’ve been hunting for some legit WW and I haven’t had any luck finding it yet but I am curious about what you have found or where I can possibly track some down newbie still trying to get a little more than 3 strains to grow

1 Like

Sounds like a winner strain .

2 Likes

I had it on lock 15 years ago. Always had a lb on hand and I miss it soooo much. Never grew it, though. Are these F1s? I know I’m looking for the earthy coffee pheno, what else can I expect to find!

2 Likes

Don’t remember which ones you received. Some are F1 some F2.
Both have had that pheno.
If you like the coffee pheno, you should check out Bazooka Boss! Carmel Coffee …oooo!:yum::green_heart::v:
@Hydro921 Strain!

6 Likes

I have a 1000 or more of bazooka boss

11 Likes

Thank you to @Bobgrows and @Hydro921! You’re info, history, and kindness are unmatched! I just want those beautiful lil dense, funky chocolate coffee like smelly nuts!

6 Likes

I know you’re looking to trade but thought I would mention Verdant Green has pre 98 Bubba s1s, pre 98 x katsus Bubba, pre 98 Bubba crossed with chem, crossed to X18 and other good stuff! Looks like £40 a pack on seedbay.
I’ve grown out a tester cross with his C4DD and had a Chem leaner that was delicious!

2 Likes