Problems with Reptiles

Hello. I having problems with Reptiles. I could use some advice.

1 Like

image. I hate these things. They smell and they sit and look at you. I have moth balls everywhere. Iā€™m thinking of something stronger. Now Iā€™m worried of snakes. My environment is not friendly out side of my tents. Doing my best to keep it that way. Wasnā€™t sure of tramps. They smell so bad when they are dead. Neem oil keeps them back a little.

1 Like

Skinks are lizards belonging to the family Scincidae, a family in the infraorder Scincomorpha. With more than 1,500 described species across 100 different taxonomic genera, the family Scincidae is one of the most diverse families of lizards. This was copied.

1 Like

image image image. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

Maybe get a dog.

5 Likes

I have cats and I never noticed rats, snakes and cockroaches again. As for the lizards, the dog amazesā€¦

Observe if there is any imbalance, if you remove the lizard from the ecosystem, there will certainly be an increase in the snake populationā€¦
Just proposing a holistic approach, chemically solving it is easy, however the consequencesā€¦

5 Likes

@Gugumelo interesting point. I have a farm and the farmer down the roads wife hates snakes. I guess some phobia, goes into panic attack. Anyways I tell him to call and I go catch them if I can. Well now he has an ā€œout of controlā€ rat problem. On slow Friday night we will burn one and shoot the bastards with 22s when they run for the feed. I guess point taken when you fuck with mother nature, she WILL fuck backšŸ˜‚

6 Likes

My dog will not do anything to them. Cat I know will kill snakes. Those skinks are nasty.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not really wanting to kill. I do understand. It will be cold soon. I hope.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I wanted to say, but there are situations that are impossible to resolve. Here where I live there is a kind of bamboo that sprouts every 25/30 years. When that happens, the rat population explodes, and when the sprouts run out, they scurry off in search of more food. Itā€™s a sea of ā€‹ā€‹rats literally invading the city. Balances laterā€¦

2 Likes

Leave them alone, they eat all the bugs and small invaders around. If you get rid of them, your going to see more beetles, roaches, caterpillars, mice, etc. etc. Those skinks eat a surprising amount.

They are harmless to you, leave them alone.

6 Likes

Iā€™d agree, a cat could be a welcome addition to your ecology, or otherwise maybe leave them be.

2 Likes

Think you need a bigger dog lol

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t care if I had reptiles as pestsā€¦I had a 4 foot long Savannah Monitor living in my bedroom as well as a Cuban Knight Anoleā€¦all free range. LOL

1 Like

Here Leezard Leezard Leezard!

4 Likes

2 Likes

Nothin like that here.

2 Likes

That is a good lookinā€™ Green Anole you have !
Years ago I had some of those as pets.

2 Likes

He is on guard.

1 Like