Proposal: OG Welcome Pack - Brainstorm with me

That’s what a brainstorming thread is for. I did not mean any negativity towards you. Please continue to share your ideas :slight_smile:

I just think personally I lost the enthusiasm about the idea a bit as it seems less feasible the longer this thread continues and I tend to agree more to the people that were sceptical from the beginning.

4 Likes

Cool! I just got here. I’m sure I’ll be more caught up and properly cynical once I’ve broken in my old bar stool from '05.
I actually was doing a power-to-the-people giveaway right before OG went down with my own Lowryder hybrids. Little did I know the market would be fucking raped in half by the autoflower craze…

2 Likes

Nothing stopping you doing a giveaway mate. That’s the way it’s usually done here. Chuck a thread up. If you’re looking for testers then ask for them. It’s all really very simple and works incredibly well. Not being funny here when I say if people don’t already have beans or the intention to buy some for their first run. They’re probably not gonna grow bud.

2 Likes

I have the begging for genetics issue to deal with too. At this point my medical expenses keep me so tapped out I can cobble all the stuff I need to build the base grow from around my property, but I have no chance in hell of affording any name brand, or even F1 cross seeds.
I have 225ft^2 now, though! Breeding is possible if I can just get my hands on any seeds at all.

Check out Sebrings website for free seeds (just shipping) at https://diygreenlife.com/seed-shop/

Looks like I broke the posting with my edit. lol

7 Likes

@Sebring Standup person, made my purchase and donated some extra too. quick to response to questions. enjoyed perusing the website too. mine are in the mail. cannot thank Sebring enough.

7 Likes

I really like the idea.
What is the priority> To give access to decent, affordable seeds?
Is it a fundraiser for the site? or could we make it one?

I agree with some of the other posters about the logistics being a pain. Could we run it thru Sebring’s DIY Green site? (assuming he’d be interested)

You can go a couple different directions with this.

2 Likes

Doesn’t look like this will happen through OG. I failed to make a convincing case for the need.

I plan to send freebie seeds to Sebring and let him do with them as he will. I may, someday run with this idea on my own (or with a few friends). I am about to get a small taste of freebie seed distribution. Maybe I will like it.

1 Like

The only part that’s a kick in the pants is all the postage it adds up quick

2 Likes

The idea for the welcome pack (from the beginning) was to charge about $20 for something like 25 no-name seeds. Five each of four or five expressions (indica, CBD, Skunk etc.)

Yeah, re postage on freebies. When I send seeds that I have made it’s usually just a stamp.

2 Likes

Well I was thinking about this… I noticed a few likes when I commented on having seeds of uncertain parentage. Thing is many of us will find a few here and there …good seed and just not sure which plant it came from…

These were my thought for the freebies…there are people selling good id’d seeds at the price you mention above. Actually I think it is 30 for $25 but still…

and @ Olbrannon
Just spitballing and asking… who would the $20 go to?
And who would the end users be? I see a decent number of folks that seem to have legit medical issues and just can’t afford seeds- and may on;y have a few plastic pots on the back porch or patio and a couple bags of potting soil.
They don’t meed many seeds, but they need them to work. They may even be better suited my fem seeds or (shudder) autos. I’d be down to contribute to that cause in some way. Either donate seeds or sponsor a grower out or a maybe bulk purchase.
Can we beat the $1 seeds from the vendors? in all honestly, that may be the easiest cheapest route. We have a a couple hundred seeds sent to a distributor, then we can send them from a central location with minimal effort (except for the distributor of course :stuck_out_tongue:)

When I did free giveaways before, postage ran 3-5 dollars each (they were padded envelopes with a 1 oz payload of soap), plus envelopes, plus postage, plus going to the PO and standing in line. I’d happily chip in a little bit to cover someone else handling that. And they’d probably be far more efficient at it then I would.

And then we might have another group that would want to sift though packs of 20 or 50 and pheno hunt.

Personally I just don’t want anyone to go without meds they need.

4 Likes