OG Veterans Giveaway? Who wants to run it?

So @anon98660487 had the idea to do a giveaway specifically for veterans of OG. While being anti political and government I still 100% support this idea.

These men and women gave portions of their lives and put those very lives on the line to fight for their ideals in ways us normal folk can’t even begin to comprehend. While I may not agree with war and government, where could we possibly have ended up without their protection the last century, 2, 3?

While we’ve all being going through the motions of every day life just trying to survive and raise our families they’ve been in whatever kind of shit they got thrown into fighting for our freedoms on different fronts and for the most part get fucked by the very governments that threw them into the shit in the first place.

Feel like we can show some OG spirit as some small semblance of what they deserve to these folks with a little elbow grease and coordination, what say everyone? Can we discuss this?

Is this better to be a private thread/discussion before trying to put it out there? I just wanted to get the ball rolling in case no one else does, freedom isn’t free and very few of us actually pay the price of having to fight for our freedom

34 Likes

Great idea and well put. My ex was in the Air Force and I spent a decent amount of time with enlisted, during and after their time with the military. Always good to see people doing something for veterans and even more so when they can correctly separate the bullshit games of the government from the hardworking members of the military.

I think the public thread is good to find people initially and it could be shifted to a private thread once you have everyone who will be involved. I’m not able to distribute right now but if I can do anything else let me know.

8 Likes

I’vegot some of my hacks I would be happy to
Donate

8 Likes

As a veteran myself, I will say, a lot of us were anti war/gov as well. I initially joined because my family had no money, and I was offered free college, a great job when I got out, and that I probably wouldn’t deploy… I got free college… that was extremely hard to finish through the deployments and long work hours. Those deployments though did give me a good understanding though that our families freedoms definitely do have to be protected.

Can’t say I’m sad those days are over, I am very happy to put my new found time and energy into growing plants with you all, super therapeutic.

35 Likes

My ex was Air Force and the majority of her enlisted friends were pretty anti war as well. Not that I expected them to be gung ho for it but they were more opposed than I expected.

6 Likes

Same here! If you think about it… most of us who join… we did it when we were children. Our parents couldn’t pay for school, we didn’t want to work fast food and hoped to provide for a family one day. Most of us had no clue, and still don’t, just do what you’re told, and when you see things you disagree with, take your bags and get out!

13 Likes

It was actually her dream throughout high school for whatever reason but I’m sure tuition and job security were a part of it. I always thought it was funny she and a bunch of her friends were these punk rockers wearing one of the last uniforms you’d expect for them every day :laughing:

2 Likes

I’m very much anti-war now. Not so much anti-government as I am anti-corruption. I have a close group of friends I still talk to from our shared time, and they’ve pretty much all arrived at roughly similar conclusions as you.

7 Likes

7 Likes

I have a pack of White Widow coming that I planned on splitting up and giving away a 5 pack from anyway so you can count me in for that for sure.

White Widow - regular (I believe) seeds 5

Durban Poison - regular seeds 10

Spirit Train - regular seeds 15

Go Nuts - regular seeds 5

Maybe more.

5 Likes

Great idea. DC Seed Exchange gives out free seeds to veterans - you just need to write to them and ask them how. They also give a 15% discount to veterans.

9 Likes

When are we shooting for here? I’m guessing sooner than later but any idea?

1 Like

Give me a day or two and I’ll see what I can throw in, I can do a bunch of 5s I think and my Dosi Walker auto fem I’ve got a decent amount of left, I agree about waiting and seeing what we can scrounge up, see if any of the people who have done giveaways before wanna do this one too

3 Likes

Amen. Similar stance here.

I’m a Veteran, and I’m very pro-camaraderie, pro-teamwork, pro-friendship… all great and awesome things that are often part of our military experience.

But I’m very anti war-machine, anti-corruption, anti-politician (these initially sound anti-government, but I’m not… I’m pro-government)

The things above that I’m anti are what cause our friends and loved ones to be injured, maimed, scarred, and killed in the name of… nothing but power for the ruling class

Anyway. Ranting over, I’d love to contribute to this type of giveaway!
I’ve got several strains to contribute, with more coming in the future.

11 Likes

I’m a long haired, peace loving hippie. :peace_symbol: My father is a vet with ongoing health issues from his time in the service. I am his caregiver and make him edibles. I work for a company completely focused on helping veterans. One of my friends from work is a veteran of two branches. We are both licensed caregiver cultivators and share cannabis genetics in our grows.

It would be my pleasure to come up with some packs to donate.

13 Likes

Same here! There are some good things to take from it, love for our fellows. And yes, disdain for the people who took advantage of children to do dirty work we don’t even understand. I joined at 19. I had no idea really, just that I was in 9th grade class during 9/11 and saw every one sad and crying, scared. And a part of me thought I could help when I was old enough, and wouldn’t get a good start on life anyways. Wasn’t all bad times, but enough to land 100% disability :grimacing:

10 Likes

I’m gonna follow this and see what I can do when the time comes :fire:

11 Likes

I will go threw what I got over the next few days and find out what I can do!

2 Likes

I love this idea, almost too bad Veterans Day is a few months away lol, or just do one then too hehe.

5 Likes

It came to mind and is why I asked if there was a deadline in mind. Not only could we amass more seeds but I personally would have more (a lot more) seeds to donate by then. They’ll go out regardless so not a big deal if they’re included here but it was a thought.

3 Likes