Propose a minimum of likes to participate in giveaways

I propose in order to enhance the overgrow experience, that the giveaways and contests
be open to active members only, no newbies. (Who could also be a duplicate)

I say minimum “50 Likes” to be able to opt for trades, contests and giveaways… Let’s grow responsibly.

• Must have 50 likes minimum
  • Anyone can participate

0 voters

1 Like

I agree with the philosophy of letting the active members get the goodies… it is best to let the person(s)/company doing the give away know up front just so there’s no misunderstanding… and no hurt or bad feelings… would probably be best for them to get the ok from the powers here before the giveaway is posted… keeps the membership happy and informed and that equals a great marijuana forum… just my .02.

5 Likes

I am all for new members at overgrow, that’s the whole idea. But you never know who’s gonna stick around, so the benefits should fall on the people that actively contribute to the community, anybody serious about staying can do that. It takes but like a week to get 50 likes… An be a part of.

7 Likes

It makes good sense to me for a forum to take care of those who participate… and I’d be for even more likes being required… I got 90 likes in less than a day here I think… I should have to be more involved here than just a day to be allowed to participate in a site giveaway of most any sort… I don’t have skin in the game yet… just .02 more.

6 Likes

I agree on the multiple accounts, I’ve seen people do it before, not here but I know trolls will create 10 accounts so they can enter a giveaway and then you never hear or see em again

2 Likes

I put 50 there cos’ i f say 200 people might not like it much, it seems like a lot… But we can all decide, the rules for a giveaway. Like anybody on the site given seeds before to us members. So anybody can say:

I am giving free seeds to active members who have been here for this long, or that have this many likes, ot that have this many thread… I dunno.

EDIT, the little green dots we get with time, are as good as an indicator as we’ll ever get… U know.

2 Likes

I think if someone is nice enough to give away anything to members then we should let them decide who and how they give them away without a lot of rules and bureaucracy.

12 Likes

I’m thinking a post a day average for 60 days… and pictures of your garden posted somewhere on here for at least 30 days… didn’t really ever think about multiple accounts… ban them if you catch them.

1 Like

I know another group I’m in will take the top say 100 people who posted the most and have a separate draw for them. May work here. I understand what you’re trying to curb but some may not be able to spend as much time on the site as others. Work gets in the way or medical conditions or access to internet… If someone is good enough to have a give away let them make the rules for thier give away. Just my 0.02

6 Likes

should setup a club levels and make it ever going that would be fun

As much as I would like to reward the frequent posters here, for a free seed giveaway, the restrictions should be set by the person giving them away. Testers often do this to ensure they get feedback on the product.

5 Likes

I always assumed this was for the site owners or what not, not for individuals or maybe he is just talking about guidelines

I’d say at the very minimum at least have introduced yourself

Im the first to admit if its free its for me

5 Likes

Leave it to the like Master to use likes.
LMAO

I think it should be based more on something like, has been a member in good standings for 60 days. Now you’re eliminating anyone joining just to get free shit.

4 Likes

I will not vote but will say that it is a great way of getting new people coming here. For me it is hard to make new friends. I’ll keep trying…

3 Likes

I like the idea of using seniority to discrimintate.
But if someone’s doing a giveaway, I think it’s easiest if they make their own rules.

3 Likes

neither. i think it should be up to the person doing the giveaway.

3 Likes

How about 1 like less than you @MadScientist then you can only apply to win hehehehe, all about spreading the love man. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I think it should be fair game for anyone, new or old members, generally if you win something in a forum you will hang around and become an active member :wink: Although I would have admin keep an eye on the newer members joining just for comps, I have a funny feeling there are a few multiple accounts in there, just seems strange they all show up at once, one after the other :thumbsup:

1 Like

I am not being elitist, i am being defensive towards people takig advantage of all the good souls in here… Is all.

We are on the same page there…

3 Likes