Psychedelic Strains

I guess I’ll resurrect this old thread.

Landrace sativas should do it. Check out ACE Seeds’ line and search on their website for the word “psychedelic”. There’s a huge following of ACE Seeds at icmag and Dubi (the breeder/worker at ACE) gave a run down on which of their strains are psychedelic.

Also, I think if you have experience with shroom or acid before, then it would probably be easier for you to feel the hallucination effect (i.e visual when eyes closed, trips) from weed.

Additionally, edible will also get you there because THC-A (non-active form) would be converted by the liver into a stronger form of THC (look it up on the web) than smoking or vaping. Mabye try sativa edibles.

11 Likes

Premature weed is probably the easiest way to get a psychedelic buzz from bud. Take it at 6/7 weeks if it’s a 9/10 week strain. .??!

Happy hunting op ,
Gaz

7 Likes

Taking notes on these strains mentioned, Thank you to you all. The last time i felt I had a psychedelic high was 10 years ago when I never asked what weed I was getting. Later I learned it was locally grown by a friend of a friend and that stuff got me so high that I felt I was walking in slow motion and that time was stretching and the road felt like it was elongating as well. I really liked it but never thought to ask what strain it was. I would get off of work, hot box my car and walk into the house to only sit back down again and giggle at all the things i was reading and watching. I don’t think i’ve had a high like that in a while.

I wonder if these kinds of highs can be associated to tolerance? Like if you have a low tolerance maybe you’ll get hit just that much harder that you start experiencing the high a lot differently compared to if you were to have a high tolerance where you smoke daily.

7 Likes

Thank you for the information, you certainly have my attention brother! I’ll be looking into this further,is there any reference material that you can recommend? Thanks again brother!
Peace and love!

Thank you for a very entertaining read ! I really enjoyed that ! Hope you have a great day and find your keepers !

3 Likes

Living in the sub tropics and having grown outdoors for most of my life, I have tried most of the super tall long flowering sativa strains that are claimed to be psychedelic. I have no idea what they are talking about to be honest. I guess the Malawi is a little speedy and trippy, but not psychedelic in any way I would describe it and Thai strains can also get that speedy slightly head trippy effect, but I never saw any flying pigs, much to my disappointment.

11 Likes

I am running some Neville’s Haze
to see if the rumors are true. The
stories are all the same in the forums…
even respected forums.

There have been recent studies
suggesting that THC acts on the
5-HT2A receptors, the same as
Psilocybin or any other traditional
entheogen.

4 Likes

Check Soma’s Lavender, read his description!!! The SAME seeds, courtesy of OG’s own Master Breeder, @Heritagefarms, are NOW being offered in the OG Server Auction…FYI. Stay safe/be well.

5 Likes

So after seeing it mentioned a few times I’ve often wondered if smoking/mixing in some ground up mushrooms/the dust into a bowl of bud would have effects?

1 Like

sorry i had to necro this.

3 Likes

Vietnam Black…my buddies who served in Vietnam brought some seeds back and I have them somewhere in my collection…I actually made my own cross with it and called it Vietnam Gold. Schrom is suppose to be of Columbian Gold lineage and clone only strain.

Vietnam Black x Schrom = Vietnam Gold

8 Likes

Definitely a real thing… edibles made from SE Asian equatorial blew my mind

4 Likes

Thought I’d share this for those who read the 5-htp mention of thc.
It’s an interesting read and if our brains have a similar or same reaction as the rats, then neat. It could explain some things about my own personal experiences with psychedelics and what my current chronic usage was at the time.
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41386-018-0076-y

2 Likes

i dont know if you can get everybody hallucinating, but some.

People might be lead to think its not true when an old Stoner says he tripped on Weed, but i think it is.

Why do i think that, cause it happens if you smoke what i smoked.
The stories are telling the same always, its like a reliious experience kind of, in the strongest cases.

Shure some might have different bodychemistry, the colleges who smoked with me did not seem affected thaaat much.

So, we can speculate if i just hallucinate from any high quali weed, but i dont…
smoked the elite stuff, just makes me pass out, black out in the strongest cases.

Its all true, weed is a hallucinogen

7 Likes

I know its not sounding credible, that its nowhere to be found, if its thaat special…

1 Like

True, indeed. I made edibles from a Vietnam Black Thai & Malawi blend. I was standing in line at the post office, 1 hour after eating them and had already rode a bliss wave to Eternia. Then it happened… An energy vortex rose up from the ground under my feet and swirled around me. Essentially, I was wrestling an astral plane alligator while remaining completely composed, conversing with the old lady behind the counter. “Baby, you like tired…”, “Yes m’am. I was up all night working”… Read that to mean harvesting plants and trimming and drying. :sunglasses:

15 Likes

Haha, classic.
Shame the plant that had those effects hermed like crazy. Basically wasn’t either gender. So full of seeds, unripe buds but hell did it make some trippy edibles. Did save some seeds but a giant Asian equatorial that herms like that hasn’t been grown since

4 Likes

I’ve smoked a cple different Sativa’s that were trippy but not psychedelic. The first was a black leafed skunk I believe to be rks. Had me so paranoid I had to throw up. Next was the Santa Maria I grew, I smoked some before going to sleep and my presleep dreams were outta this world crazy. And now the blue dreams, ( not pure sativa) doing the same thing almost except my dreams are vivid as fuk. . Trippy dreams. Which I can’t help cause a cple puffs off of the blue dreams and its lights out

6 Likes

From what I’m reading the general consensus is symptoms of higher serotonin or a higher concentration of G proteins making the existing serotonin feel stronger.

Personally I’ve found some dabs and weed has made me feel serotonin levels in my body more than usual. If I’m only getting more sensitive to the existing serotonin thanks to G proteins that would make sense for weed not being addictive chemically.

I consider microdose of shrooms level to be trippy. Where I’m thinking like I would on shrooms or acid. As far as visuals I just get the occasional fractal when I close my eyes. Not really anymore than I get when I’m hyped up.

Yes for keen eyes I do get natural fractals when hyperactive. It could be relevant in trippy weed experiences to those of us who have found some weed to be trippy.

The study i linked to went into a lot of details about the effects on 5ht receptors.

The cliffnotes version is essentially thc doesn’t increase serotonin. It affects G proteins to regulate serotonin function rather than add more of it into body chemistry. It increases sensitivity to serotonin.

Cbd as we likely all suspected does work on reducing serotonin sensitivity by working on G proteins in an opposite manner to thc.

The study despite testing on rats used the scientific method. It looks to be a baby step study towards testing on humans. Though the exact method can’t be done the same way on us as we likely wouldn’t want our brains Removed after severing the brain stem while alive and without anesthesia.

We’d likely have a way to test for all of this without brain surgery for testing. I’d expect a blood test or something in the same aspect of noninvasive internal testing.

4 Likes

Hallucinations is what happens on old Strains.

2 Likes