Psychedelic Strains

It’s what I mean. With increasing CBD levels it would be likely the high of the original strains back in the day are no longer a thing like it used to be even in similar cases. There’s likely a lot more to it than just thc and cbd as well. Recently labs found THC-P which supposedly has a ridiculous times stronger effect than delta 9 thc. Around 20 if remember the study. If true that could explain some things tbh. With everyone focusing on breeding higher thc levels and more Recently cbd levels as dominant. I wouldn’t be shocked at all to discover that weed back in the day had a completely different cannabinoid profile. It could have had more of an exotic thc variation over delta 9 and 8 thc with some thc-v.

8 Likes

i think its all about: Lineage… And shure any breeding can weaken even the trippiest Strains

im not even talking of Outcrossing, also wrong Selections…

Do you think selecting for one single Substance helps? Im open to it… but i think its about the compound…

5 Likes

It is the compound IMO. The whole makes the individual parts work better. A much more balanced experience when smoked vs most hyped strains with muted profiles.

In other words: without a balanced profile the effects are not felt the same and in some cases could be causing odd effects in people who when hormone levels are thrown off have interesting results.

2 Likes

I was thinking: many substances (drugs) were synthetisized once, and there the people seem to like it… more or less they doo.

so: many drugs are seemingly not such a broad mass of substances, cause i heard when consuming just tTHC, the people most often disliked it, even it was potent as fuck.

(ok probably its actually all about Thc-P, but…)

I can tell honestly i have felt nearly any kind of effects from cannabis…

What also is so special, is that Cannabis is bread, and i think most other drugs are growing wild. You just need to harvest it, and kawoom.

Wild Cannabis is in most circumstances very weak. And only the right breed does the trick.

I just wanted to say, analyis is cool, but i think using it for breeding is probably not fruitful yet. Cause its probably about balances, like you say. So , whats the right balance of all the Substances…
Its like Colors, only painting them in Harmony makes a Good Artwork

3 Likes

Yeah. Having different strains with different profiles is much better for complexity in effects felt by those who need something different from the usual shit around their area.

1 Like

I haven’t finished reading the thread yet, but wanted to say that I agree with this. Te last time I got that high was about 10 years ago, too. But I had been barely smoking because I was in a new place and hadn’t met anyone to get me pot. A buddy in our homebrew club hooked me up at his house out in the brewery/garage building and it had been a while since I had smoked, especially anything good. I got so high that I had to leave the building and go outside to try and get a grip, lol. That shit hit me like a needle in my arm.

But now, I’m in a legal place and smoke all day, I’m not getting noticably high off of any of the sativa/haze I’ve grown. It has to have something to do with your tolerance. My cannabinoid system is just filled up and stays in balance I guess, because of smoking daily.

Durban has given me a good noticeable before but not racy. I just cant find a strain that moves the needle for me lately. I should take a break but I also don’t want to get freaked out when I smoke, lol. The old Mexicans from early 70s could do it, and the Colombian red.

10 Likes

That’s what I think too. Chasing potency only goes so far. Hits you hard if you haven’t smoked in a while but smoking a 30% strain every day eventually gets you to the same place as smoking a 10% strain every day.

A better approach I think is to take a long break, then smoke low potency stuff mostly. Then occasionally smoke a stronger strain when you really want to hit you. I am going to experiment with it anyway. It’s a theory.

12 Likes

Can’t say I recommend doing the following or trying to track some down but here is a neat story I recall reading from Skunk Magazine and the article was on strains from Africa

So we all know Malawi Gold, but have you heard of Malawi black?

Here is the process for producing Malawi Black. The Malawi gold buds are harvested and then set to dry just for a few days. Then the buds are wrapped in husk making the well-known South African cobs. A few of the cobs are then collected and stuffed into a freshly cleaned goat stomach from a goat that was harvested earlier. Once the cobs are stuffed into the goat stomach, The stomach is buried in red dirt where it is left under the ground for sometime. During this time the buds are fermenting since they were still put in a little bit fresh and the end result are buds that have a black appearance and a rich ammonia type smell During this time the buds are fermenting since they were still put in a little bit fresh and the end result are buds that have a black appearance and a rich ammonia type smell. The result is supposed to be very psychedelic according to the article.
A little off topic but one of the strains discussed in that article that really caught my eye was Swazi skunk it looked very beautiful.
Hope you enjoyed the story. :call_me_hand:t4:

9 Likes

Making cobs of any cultivar begins the process of organic decarboxylation. This can be done without the goat stomach by vacuum sealing the buds in a bag for several days/weeks. It can be chewed or smoked. The results can be truly interstellar. Make sure your spacesuit is pressurized.

17 Likes

The best psychedelic stuff is almost all landrace sativa’s imo and experience.

I need to do some strain hunting in exotic locations. One day.

4 Likes

Just vacuum sealing fresh and that’s it?

1 Like

Start with a semi dry bud that has been recently harvested, one that still has some moisture but the stem will break when bent. Wrap the bus loosely in a plastic bag and place in a warm, dark location. Check them every 8 hours to prevent mold from growing on them. This will make the buds sweat out excess moisture. Leave them in the bag in a warm location for 2 days. Then vacuum seal the buds. Leave them in the vacuum seal between 1 to 3 weeks. This process will sweat out the remaining moisture. When opening the bag it should smell slightly sweet, NOT rotten. Take them out of the bag and place them in a cool and dry place to dry out completely. The will be ready to smoke or chew after completing this process. There are many variations on this process, but this is the basic outline of instructions.

13 Likes

How warm of a location are we talking about here? As for cool and dry, how bout in a jar with a silica packet in the fridge?

1 Like

Yes my brother Thai sticks were originally used with opium, it was Americanized with using it dipping in hash oil.I have a Chocolate Thai strain making some sticks this yr when I get the time and melting wax into the buds.
Wax should work nicely…
Happy growing!
:v:t2::sunglasses::v:t2:

5 Likes

Wrap the plastic bag in a blanket, put it in a closet in room that doesn’t get too cold.
Don’t put it in the fridge, there is moisture in the air. Put it in area that is drafty, with good air flow. That should be fine. You want it to dry out slow and naturally.

4 Likes

very intriguing. do you know how was this prepared?

4 Likes

You mean I DIDN’T need to BUY A GOAT to try this??? My Wife is gonna freak! :laughing:

Actually,
I’ve been very curious about this process.
Question — “Wrap the bud loosely in a plastic bag” - Do you mean to just not suck the air from the bag?
I’m thinking that on top of my tent (in a dark room) would keep the bud in the 70’s, and a slightly cooler closet to dry them in.

5 Likes

i just tries brazilian haze (brazilian haze x brazilian haze bx) from my local spot, closest thing to mushrooms in cannabis form ive ever experienced

11 Likes

Responding to an older post here, but if you’d ever be down for a seed swap I’d love to add your Vietnam gold to the collection!

3 Likes

Take 2 of these and every strain becomes a psychedelic strain

21 Likes