Puddha's Palm Grow Gong Fu

56 Days. I will most likely begin harvesting room 3. Room 1 won’t be ready until weeks 9 1/2- 10 1/2. The first picture is of the White Tahoe Cookies. They are very dense rock hard stinky nugs. Kudos to the breeder kush4breakfast. He did an excellent job imo. I appreciate the work. That being said I’ll be moving on from these though because like alot of cookie strains the yield just isn’t up to par given the cost of running the room. The second picture is of Seed Junkie’s Jungle Cake, also an excellent pedigree. It would’ve had a better yield with more topping and training. I love growing cake strains and they can yield with the right topping and training, otherwise they’ll disappoint. It took me awhile of working with it in the past to lock down a regimen that yielded worthwhile. The Doc’s OG in room 3 and room 1 are not done yet. I love smoking the Docs but I’ll be moving on from it as well. It has the typical tall and lanky structure of OG’s and takes forever to finish. It’s also not the highest yielder either. Most people love OG’s and while I think the smoke is top notch, alot of people would rip into me for this lol, but from a genetic perspective, I would’ve probably tossed it myself. All the OG’s I’ve grown throughout the years, including the original OG, when there was only one, displayed weak structure that can’t hold it’s weight, high pm susceptibility, finicky fertilizer sensitivity, etc. Anyhow as I said I do love it for it’s smoke but I’m moving on.

White Tahoe Cookies

Jungle Cake

2 Likes

I agree great smoke but not worth the trouble trying to find decent producers .some one will surprise me with a Kush that doesn’t show those traits then it’s game on .

1 Like

58 Days - Will be harvesting room #3 today. Brought the temps down to low 70’s a few days ago and the room is hitting the low 60’s during the night cycle. This is natural as I’m running no heat and it will help to bring out any color inherent in the genetics. This serves another purpose as well… Keeping them hydrated and cooler in the last few days of harvest makes them more stiff in turn making it easier to chop and defoliate, which we do by hand. Otherwise the plants are ‘floppy’ making the leaves difficult to pull. I like the 3 days in the dark method as well but I have a few Docs OG in the room which will be a little behind the others so it won’t apply here. I am still fertigating the coco but at 7 ml/gallon diluted to about 5. This allows them to get their nutes but combined with a slow flush.

White Tahoe Cookies - a beautiful plant overall with good structure. Internodal spacing is low to moderate and she can stretch a bit but not as much as some kush’s, her buds are rock hard dense nugs, the smell is mostly gassy now with a little sweet on the back end. That will change when she’s hung and dried. She is pretty frosty and has a high calyx to leaf ratio. It’s worth noting that grown outdoors she exhibits the same qualities and has the appearance of indoor (or higher end light dep).

Jungle Cake - Tall with medium to high internodal spacing (as cake varieties tend towards). Stretches quite a bit starting week 2. Topping and training to a high degree is recommended. Dense hard nugs, frosty (very sticky) with a high calyx to leaf ratio. The smell is wonderful. Fresh melon, cake, pastry with a gassy back end. I love cakes and they are usually a client favorite out of all the varietal choices they are given (even OG’s).

This picture is of the second row in room #3 and is mixed. 4 plants all the way in the back are cookies, the middle plants are Jungle Cake, and the last 3 are Docs OG.

And…the Docs OG in room #3. These will probably have to go another 3 to 4 days before I pull them.

3 Likes