Purple buds...who grows them?

Unknown Purple update:

How the heck do you know when these are ripe? Usually go by color of the buds, and I usually harvest when I get about 90% deep amber.

And it looks like a few of the buds are starting to produce new pistils?

AND…about a month ago, I dusted two of the buds with some Gambien pollen. Didn’t actually expect much, and as @DougDawson pointed out, it was dicey whether or not the plant would run long enough for any seeds to develop/mature.
I’m not positive, but it looks like there are some seeds forming on those buds.

Here’s one:

I’ve read several posts here that talk about cold temps causing plants to shoot purple. These were started in a VERY cool basement.

Lob

12 Likes

Nice looking purple on that plant. That looks genetic and not cold induce coloring to me but I am a neophyte to the modern growing scene. For timing the harvest you can watch the fan leaves. They will yellow and start falling off.

The plant putting out pistils is something I have seen before. My last run was a seed run. The plants kept putting out more and more pistils and forming new buds on the lower main stalk. It was great for my seed run as it let me pollinate with four different males.

1 Like

I’m running for my pollen jar now! :boom:

Lob

Just dusted them…we’ll see what happens.

And some of my fans are getting a yellow tinge to them.

How long doe seeds take to mature, from pollenation.

1 Like

6 weeks seems good, I let them go a week or two longer if I have the opportunity.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

I’ll take the rest of the buds off this gurl, and leave those to stew for a bit. The seeds that are there are 4wks old, and deep purple like the rest of the bud.

Lob

4 Likes

heres a few of mine

thanks for looking,peace

16 Likes

Bitties #4 was a late bloomer but she’s looking and smelling great, very different growth patterns from the other 3 plants in the run. I don’t describe smells well but it’s candy corn and gas? Floral aswell. I hope it keeps the flavor it currently has, definitely unique in my small experience

20 Likes

Very very nice :+1:

2 Likes

Field Trip

Space Monkey f2

25 Likes

#Zelensky’s Molotov

2 Likes

:older_man::owl::sunglasses: Durban sunrise

28 Likes

Very NIIICE OLCOOT!!
Doing the Sunrise Justice! Beautiful! :purple_heart::v:

3 Likes

Very nice purple buds @Olcoot, im expecting some purple in the next couple months.

Thats the same color my Tropicana Poison looked at harvest. I still have a little in the jar. It never lost that gorgeous color. Congrats bruddah. Nice job!

21 Likes

Girl Scout Cookies Extreme from ILGM…

16 Likes

A mixed grow. First day in the foreground, last day in the background.

-al

23 Likes

shot from the other side during the chop.

-al

22 Likes

Looking really good! :green_heart::v:

1 Like

Can you explain the taste been intrested in that strain for awhile

She has a bit of ole tymey twang on the inhale. Smooth, thick, purple flavored smoke exhale. Not fruity- more deep dank earth, almost molasses that coats the back of your tongue.

The buzz starts with warm earmuffs that just flows through your body with every toke. It’s a relaxing, not vibratory effect. For me, creative thinking is enhanced - or at least I think so!

Love this weed! Thanks for your interest.

-al

24 Likes