Purple buds...who grows them?

You’re in luck the new fem auto crosses are ready to go.

1 Like

4 Likes

Uploading: WhatsApp Image 2023-07-24 at 12.16.15.jpeg…

9 Likes

@creatorknbsland welcome
nice shade of purple ya got

1 Like

thank you @Big_Yeloe she is my favorite and the hand of some other girls here in my garden… she always pulls this color in the irverno in brasill… I have had her for 3 years taking clone from clone… some seeds came in flowers from an ogkb… so I say yes she is a daughter of ogkb
heheheh I’m going to post a girl who came from a cross of hers with dark purple tones with this red one…

3 Likes

I got this RocBud Inc autoflower growing outside this year and it’s blowing my mind! So much so that I dusted a lower branch with Mephisto Genetics Blood Orange Haze S1 pollen to make something extra special!

But here’s the thing… this plant was selected at random from the 2022 RocBud Inc Freebie Autoflower Mix Pack" and it’s one of the first RocBud Inc plants I’ve grown so I have no idea what this is and need help figuring it out!*

:rofl: :+1:

Current Height: 52" (4’ 3")
Days from seed: 52
Stem rub smells: Sweet citrus with a hint of spice.

Close-ups of the buds:

Thanks all y’all awesomesauces!

27 Likes

Just dropped some 420 Fast Buds purple lemonade. Gonna be fun.

2 Likes

th-2809288928

Holy Schnikes man!

4 Likes

A rocbud seed was the first auto I grew! A friend gave me a seed or three and it changed my mind on autos forever so that kicks ass!

1 Like

These two up front are Purple Queens should turn purple in bloom.

15 Likes

39 Likes

I got to know. What strain is this little gem. :drooling_face:

1 Like

It’s 7east purple monkey balls or grape dragon. They were really similar definitely recommend them some great people and solid genetics. Www.7east.com

1 Like

Well, the plants in this thread are fkn unbelievable! Congrats to all of you, just amazing! I’m a little embarrassed to be posting these little purple things in here! But, you know, I’ll do it for the Science! :crazy_face:

I’ve just been playing around chuckin’ pollen, not really knowing the first thing of what I’m doing, but figuring the ‘doing’ is the hardest part for most people so I’ll ‘Just Do It’ and figure out the better way next tine! So this little project began with some beans from Johnny Potseed a year or so ago. My first try at autoflowers. And like a dumbshit, I figured after 50+ years of transplanting stuff I could transplant autos without disturbing their root! Wanna make God laugh? Tell her your “plan”! I ended up with 30 plants each about 5" tall! But while they were Femmed seeds I got 3 males anyway.

About 6 of those original plants had an odd growth pattern and started foxtailing right from the start of flowering. @Maddawg pointed out to me a pheno-trait called ‘String of Pearls’ and the fact that they are known to really pack on the resin on every surface of the plant…sounded ‘interesting’ to me!

Fortunately, one of the SoP plants was one of the males (and purple) so I pollinated all of them him. Still only managed to get about 30 seeds out of them. Not sure if that’s some physiological result of their weirded out DNA or just Thai super humidity in monsoon when I was pollinating?

I grew those beans out last short season, but this time I direct-seeded 2 beans per pot with NO transplanting…I joked after my first run in with the 1 gallon airpots, that I wondered if I gave 'em big enough boots, would they grow to fill 'em??? So I used 10 gallon airpots filled with our living soil mix with an automated drip system and after 3 weeks realized they would need cages fast! By harvest they were 3+ meters! :joy:

There were a few throwbacks to ‘normal’ style buds but got a couple more of the SoP peno.

I managed to find last year’s pollen packet and used up what little was left to make the next gen. This time around (May planting/Aug harvest), I’d guess we got 80%/20% Purple/Green phenos and 90%/10% SOP/Reg…

They are some of the oddest buds that’ll ever try to grace this purple bud thread! :joy: But in the interest of Science, I’m putting 'em up! The original strain was Black Creme Auto, I’ll have to try to dig up the log, but I think I used a different Johnny Potseed auto fem that came out male on them the last time around??? I’ve only burned one joint of very freshly dried threads so far, though I gave a friend a bag full last weekend to try and he was back on Monday asking WTF it was! :rofl: I really enjoyed the high, but there wasn’t much taste without any cure. If I don’t decide to use it for RSO for my med, I’ll set this one aside for a while! Nah, I’ll be sure to set some aside to smoke even if I make the RSO from it! Okay, here’s a ridiculously long series of shots of these oddities, please excuse the one or two ‘green’ pheno that snuck in for comparison!

They truly do resin up every surface, even the stems are just covered in tricombs! Zoom-in on some of these.

Good night from SE Asia gang! I promise, I’ll come back with some purple ‘real’ buds some day! :joy:

:call_me_hand:

34 Likes

No way! That looks awesome! Purple pearls!

Those are ‘real’ buds!

3 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous

3 Likes

@Tlander excellent post, very cool stuff there! I wonder if the trait is a response to the growing environment you have them in. Would be cool to stabilize it in a batch of seeds there and then have someone grow them out in a different environment to see what they do.

4 Likes

For real @Tlander those plants look great! I really dig the bud shapes, kind of like a super charged Dr. Greenthumb

3 Likes

Purple Queens started turning purple 2 days ago.

11 Likes

Lil’ update, posted these in my thread, but they ARE purple!

Okay, had to do some rearranging in the drying tent! But managed to fit everything in pretty well. I had to pull all the String of Pearls phenos to make room so I just bagged them up in my new Grove Bags for a first trial! Pretty interesting buds. Not much weight, but it’s the resin I’m after and these things are loaded with it! Sorry, no flash last night and everything’s bagged up now! :upside_down_face: (This is another one to ‘open in a new tab’ and then click the magnifier!)

:call_me_hand:

32 Likes