Purple buds...who grows them?

26 Likes

This pic was taken and grown from a friend and selected by me . This is a f4 of dinafems auto white widow x bodhis road kill unicorn male in full auto selected for small lowryder statue and purple buds. I don’t perfer purple or autos but it’s fun to mess around.

10 Likes

HSC Blueberry Muffin

Dynasty Pineapple Fields

Seedsman White Widdow

23 Likes

They all look good @Tolerance_Break

3 Likes

Yeah, they look really tasty @Tolerance_Break

Pz :v:t2:

1 Like

Purple Queen I just harvested. Nightmare to trim. Ruthless bitch.

21 Likes

Csi Purple indica x t-1000

20 Likes

what makes the purple come out wind or cold temps?

2 Likes

Used to be when temps went under 60 or so, everything I see indoor now has purple. Don’t know if that’s genetics or the new LEDs preferring hotter temps.

1 Like

im trying to figur out as my friend brought me to his patch and he grows clones only and out of the bunch only two turned out purple the others stayed green i have same cut and none showing purple so far

1 Like

i ran into the same problem with RQS purple queen and Blim purple kush.
complete b!tch to trim. cutting leaves away to reveal sparse buds.

i can see why people abandoned these strains for commercial purposes. growing these out is a labor of love.

2 Likes

To date THE most fucked up plant I have ever trimmed. I gave my buddy the last lower half of the second one. Took it home. I said you can have it.

2 Likes

i harvested and trimmed blackberry kush last week. it looked fat, felt dense, but had the same structure as blim-pk and RQS-pq. cutting away leaves and finding sparse flowers.
took hours of trimming to produce one jar.

so VERY disappointing. especially considering the amount of seeds i have left over. unless this ends up being the strain of strains for abuela, i don’t see myself growing either of those anytime soon.

3 Likes

I tried OD for the first time this year with some Malana Village sativa hashplants from Old World Organics/Colorado Sativas and was pleasantly surprised to get two purple/black girls. Green leaves all around, but the buds came in purple and are just deepening in color, the one in the ground with organic amendments dug in is expressing differently and I don’t know if it’s phenotype (they’re sister seeds, not clones) or that the one in the small pot is getting fertigation with salts and other indoor growing goodies like Mr Fulvic and kelp/Epsom etc.
The one in the ground is more floral, perfumey, lower odor and faint but deep when you get close, whereas the one in the pot is real astringent lemon like barbecue joint wet wipes with some grapey backend, over a hashy weedy base. I’m not sure if CS selected for the purple pheno that was mentioned by the original collector, but I dig it!

22 Likes

Looks great. :fire:

1 Like

Purple Queen 3 days in the drying rack out in my shed.

20 Likes
10 Likes

Oh shit, my buddy had one like that, I was so happy when he finished trimming it. :joy:

2 Likes

WHAT??? I gotta know the name of that beauty. :open_mouth:

edit: I see it must be
Csi Purple indica x t-1000

…beautiful!

Horrible trimming experience. Cussed her the whole time. Never grow her outside again. She better smoke like the fuckin holy grail.

2 Likes