Purple Rosin, How to make

Making purple rosin. Easy as pie. It was a FIM

moment and I accidentally figured it our. Just pull yoyr purple buds out from drying after around 3 days. Half way dried. Then press.

13 Likes

Anthocyanin

4 Likes

Grape kool-aid

3 Likes

Are anthocyanins water soluble? Would that make it a contaminate, @JoeCrowe ?

1 Like

Whoops, just meant to quote the first sentence, water soluble

3 Likes

If you make hash first and then press it into rosin there is far less anthocyanin in there.

5 Likes

So water hash leaches it out, pressing flower leaves it in :pray:

4 Likes

I have no idea.but after I pressed the bud the parchment was stained with them. But that stuff was really good. Man it was so tasty like some big league chew right after you start chewing it when it’s the most flavorful. It got me blazed.

2 Likes

Yeahi made it by accident cause I was being impatient and wanted to test the first purple bud I had had grown out to see how it was and so I took some out of my drying tent about 3 days after it had been in there and used a duytech dhrp 5 and pressed it and Iwas like holy shit it’s purple. Hell yeah. Then I was like how’d I do that and looked it up. I was like, I just pulled a FIM moment, too bad I wasn’t the first to do this. Lol

2 Likes

All I know is that it didn’t sizzle or crackle. So it didn’t have any water in it. Otherwise it would have. Bubble hash does that but that’s normal for it. It was nice. I keep thinking why aren’t dispensaries selling it cause people are funny and they get all hyped up about stuff like, that bud is purple, it must be really good. I can’t contain the excitement and Ive gotta have that purple bud. When I’m pretty sure the color has no additional effect on how good the bud is but what I want to know is how does the plant survey ve wheb it can carry out photosynthesis without having chlorophyll. If there’s no green there’s no chlorophyll. Cannabis is a pretty amazing plant.

3 Likes

I don’t know about bubble hash keeping the anthocyanin in but if you want to press out purple rosin you need to just pull it from drying about half way before it’s dry. It must not be water soluble or it would carry moisture with it because it would dissolve and then get pressed out in the rosin and then crackle and pop when it’s smoked. I wrote high times about it and sent pics and asked why I couldn’t find it at dispensaries and then 2weeks latter I see a high times article about it. My pics weren’t good enough for them but the dude that wrote it used a Pic exactly like the ones on I posted here with a big glob on the end of a dab nail so I knew I was the inspiration for the article. Had to be. The article was titles Purple Rosin is it a myth something like that that. And with the water soluble question the article above says it it and I remember it did come out a Lil bit juicy but as far as contaminents go. The anthocyanin it says are fpavinoids. And if flavinoids were a bad thing being contaminents then you wouldn’t want your wax to have any right. And that would make fir boring dull and bland rosin or flower for that matter. Flavinoids contribute to and give cannabis and cannabis products smell and flavor. They’re very nutritious as well. ACS
Read this and it talks all about flavinoids.

2 Likes

https://www.acslab.com/blog/wellness/cannabis-flavonoids-everything-you-need-to-know
Nope, not a contaminate, otherwise you wouldn’t want them in there right. Unless you like Bland tasteless bud or concentrates with no smell.

2 Likes

I always wash the purple out, it actually makes no difference.

There’s a non-purple batch, as well.

4 Likes

I don’t think you find purple rosin in stores because you need to press flower and nobody is doing flower rosin pressing in bulk, much easier and efficient to squish bubble. as soon as you wash it in ice water the water will extract the purple and I find the end product from squishing bubble much nicer than flower rosin. Just my experience but the purple def looks cool.

1 Like

The Tropicana cherry rosin a buddy of mine was pressing, he makes the concentrates for the medical grow op he works for.

4 Likes

that is a very valid reason. also they are just picking cuts that wash the best, 9/10 extractors could not care about how it hits only about yield. thats why all our dispos are flooded with wedding cake and kush mints crosses in rosin form. for bho the strains vary widlly but for things that go through the bubble bags they get real specific on the cuts and its not for the look/taste/feel.

1 Like

For rat time I’ve seen any that’s sold in a dispensary

1 Like

Rat time? I’m old and out of it. What’s rat time? Fuck I’m nosy!

3 Likes

My guess is typo/autocorrect “first time” haha

3 Likes