Pvogs 2023 Awesomesauce

Well, I got some goodies, looking forward to sharing some…

17 Likes

Some goodies? LOTS of goodies!

2 Likes

Shoreline is and always has been 100% reliable. All beans total fire.

7 Likes

Looking forward to playing .

3 Likes

What a pile!!!

2 Likes

i’m sensing some blueberry diesel in your future, :+1:

3 Likes

Never heard of em but they look like they have some super solid stuff :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Well I bit the bullet after a couple weeks I noticed I had some stunted plants. I decided to put them outside, sink or swim, to harden up. Tuesday it will be in the 30s, so I’ll bring them in one last time. Then I’ll take the survivors, and do one last germination. Just too many good beans calling my name. This will be probably one of my last real tester years, as my next focus will be playing with my own crosses … And making beans to send all my OG fam.
Hoping the babies make it out there, 2nd night, lil rain - in the 50s. I did throw one out there that has survived many a cold night, is still a baby, makes me wonder if they can all handle that cold weather, and if I should just test that next year.
*Make a note

6 Likes

I’m jealous for sure of those Shoreline beans! nice score! have some wedding cake GDP testers going right now, first one is in flower. Good luck and def will be waiting for those sour D reports!

1 Like

Few of the kids under the ya ya tree.

The seem to love it out there!!

11 Likes

Okay, heres the big risk, last night, in the 30s, just transplanted. This is Alpha, Charlie, and Delta patches. If they make it thru this night, it’s all in the clear.
If.
Otherwise it’s gonna be a whole lot of replanting.
I’m certain I lost a few that stunted into garden gnomes. They would probably never grow more than 12” tops. They go in the lawn clippings, along with all the males when they show.
The fabric bags are in the new bags. 50 1 gallon bags, easy to fold over to custom size, under $10 I think at Jamazon.
A few hours work, and they now look like this…

I was pretty confident they’d be fine, now weather says ‘scattered frost.’ :scream:
Then again. It’s a weed. It can grow out of a crack in the sidewalk.
When I worked on farms, the wise farmer taught me that water can be a protector for crops from cold. I watched him do this for strawberries, one of the earliest crops planted and probably the most likely to be at risk for late frost.
I didn’t soak em, but they were watered, something I do for any plant after transplanting.
And even though they aren’t in the house, they are on the porch. I wish it was tomorrow already.

12 Likes

Best, WARM wishes buddy :pray::crossed_fingers::fire::hotsprings::thermometer::hot_pepper:

2 Likes

How’d it go last night? Hope everything made it through alright

2 Likes

The kids are all right, the transplant went well, here’s a pic after surviving the temp

It may look dry on top, but this planting was done in fabric bags, which are inside the gallon bags. The fabric bags hold a organic coco mixture that retains water very well.
This may look like a lot of plants, but trust me, some won’t survive, I think I lost 4 or so, so far. And after my friends get blessed with a few, and the males culled, this will probably fill two legal grows here in Mass at 12 plants each.
Or something.
They’ll be in full garden spots this week.
EDIT 1: I’m thinking these bags might work out great, both fabric and these plastic gallon bags. The fabric bag is kind of the underground embryonic root feeder, the roots will grow right through the bag. The gallon plastic bag has six drainage and air holes. And, they can be folded over, like now, and rolled up if necessary. They will be cut or removed when the plant is moved into the fabric 20 30 gal fabric pots.

14 Likes

Hmm. Well, I’m glad they made it through. I, with a small plant count, don’t plan much attitition other than what I deliberately cull. Last year was mostly fem seeds and I literally planted one seed per finished plant. I planted a handful of reg seeds and got one female, but I used gender testing so I knew pretty quick what was going to be “my girl”

Doing regular seeds for the majority of my grow was a first this year has opened my eyes to this reality. I used to really wonder why people pop so many seeds, it’s all becoming more clear now.

I really like the fabric pots you used to start the seeds and looked those up back at the beginning of April when I saw the pics of them. I think doubling those down in the plastic bags is a fantastic method of transplant for a bigger plant. Love the technique!

Have a fantastic day, you and your babies!

3 Likes

Hey hows things going? Looks like you are about to have your hands full there. I’m glad those panda plastic bags are working well for you and the price pffft nothing. Hope the fem pollen gets some good crosses the somango sounds a terp dream

Well tragedy struck a couple nights ago, my resident raccoon is becoming more of a nuisance than ever. We’ve lived in harmony until now, and I’m either putting him down or relocating him.
After placing my newly bagged babies out in the garden just resting atop some 30 gal, I awoke to a travesty of vandalism. Garden destroyed.

Very sad. Now I’m seeing it’s supposed to be 28° Wednesday night into Thursday , this year is not starting out so well.

12 Likes

Oh man,That sucks…still early in the season though! lots of time to replace stuff :sunglasses:

i’ve got raccoon’s that make me nervous, especially after feeding the plants some fish emulsion…

2 Likes

Fuck man. What does a raccoon want with your plants?

Sorry for your plants :pensive:

We don’t really have them around here, I’ve only ever seen one rooting through a dumpster.

Sounds cold AF 28 mid-May?

3 Likes

Jezuz, and I have been complaining about my one DJ. Sucks.

1 Like