Quetta City Landrace Grow

Quetta city, landrace from Landrace Warden, grow in Canada. Non IG

From seed day 5 to untill now, the plant is about to hit the flowering.

A lush healthy growth, great fitness and indeed a classical Hashplant structure which is indicating an very generous yields upcoming.

We can even see the coloration in early growth and later in petioles.

Stay tuned for the flowering updates on Quetta city.

#QuettaLandrace
#QuettaCitylandrace
#QuettaLandraceseeds

17 Likes

Great topic, @LandraceWarden have been enjoying all of themā€¦ Is there a major difference with Pakistani and Afhgani strains in general and growing outdoors in Canada specifically? Thanks and have a great weekend !

3 Likes

Itā€™s all about the geographical aspects after that human influence and preferences which makes both of the regions unique in their own.

6 Likes

Nice to see some Bolichi genetics here on Overgrow. Very powerful enduring genepool. Excellent work on the part of the Farmers and their selections. Your selections too for that matter. I have seen you have a good eye for quality.
Anyone interested in making unique hybrids or interested in the powerful effects of full spectrum cannabis should explore this genepool. If you are located in a dry region in particular, this is something special. Plants from this region are extremely drought tolerant, with some fields surviving off of rain alone ( there is next to none)and still giving tremendous yields in some cases. If you live in the West and in particular if you intend to make money growing and selling cannabis, or if you depend on your own ability to grow your own headstash as I do, why would you grow something that requires lots of water that may or may not be available when you need it? :thinking:
Whether you keep these genetics pure or use them as a tool for your own acclimated creation these genetics are pure gold.
I am telling you all this because Iā€™m in a wet region and itā€™s much more difficult for me to cultivate dry area crops. I must limit the size of plants so i can carry them indoors during wet or very humid weather.
So I must live through my OG friends and hope someone will fulfill this Bolochi hole in my cannabis systemšŸ˜ by growing a Balochistan cannabis tree here in the States. Landrace Warden is available on IG to chat with to enquire about the seeds he has acquired during his landrace seed hunts but no sales there, or here for that matter. As always discuss such things via direct message here or via email. He is just learning the rules here at OG.
@LandraceWarden a very hearty welcome to OG to you. I would have welcomed you sooner but as you know i needed to make sure it was youšŸ˜. We are lucky to have you here to teach us about your region and its practices regarding our favorite plant.

10 Likes

Quetta city on the day 10th of itā€™s flowering.

Enchanting pungent, sour and fuel funk.

12 Likes

If I can figure it out Iā€™m going to get some :slight_smile: , Iā€™m bout 20-30 miles south of the 38th parallel in the Missouri Ozarks at about 1500ft ASL my little micro climate is super dry almost arid Iā€™m between cycles right now my funds revolve around harvest so Iā€™m starped right now I would love to get a breeders pack like a hundred or 2 but Iā€™m all in and I will op it and Breed with something you got and send you some f1 or f2 if you want to colab on something @Upstate itā€™s whatever just know Iā€™m game

2 Likes

@drgreensleaves I think you would be better served from the Nuristan, Afghanistan or Tirah Valley, Pakistan genepools, both of which hail from your exact latitude. These areas are much wetter than the Western end of the Hindu Kush or Balochistan, where Quetta is. Your humidity will likely mean youā€™d lose a good portion of your crop growing Balochistan. If you get any kind of rain in October/November you will have a battle on your hands. If youā€™re prepared for that battle Iā€™d love to see you grow them there. My personal belief is that these plants have a memory of being from a wetter region ( South Caspian Sea Elburz mts North slope) and they might acclimate to your wetter climate rather quickly. This is purely a hunch.
If you are looking to find something original and unique That will perform well for you in your climate Iā€™d recommend the others.
Itā€™s heartbreaking watching beautiful plants mold and turned to mush during the last couple weeks, right as they start to look kick ass. 1st a couple spots in the top colas deep inside where you donā€™t see them, and then if you are unlucky spores will go flying everywhere onto everything and every morning when your plants are wet from dew the spores will germinate. If you can work with this and continue to select the more resistant plants you would have something truly unique in your region. I have done something similar with my uncles old Afghan. I started seeing results after 7 or 8 generations maybe.
If you have your heart set on the other though there is always indoor. One of these days Iā€™m definitely going grow a bunch of these Balochistan indoors myself during winter when humidity is low.

4 Likes

:slight_smile: shit eating grin while rubbing hands together :slight_smile: shit Iā€™m down with the sickness :slight_smile: these plants are killer , worth it ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be starting a Tirah Valley Thread shortly @drgreensleaves. 100% germination. Just planted last night. Plants will be up above groung in a couple days.

7 Likes

Ooh ooh, :slight_smile: nice Iā€™m still waiting on my pack from Angus itā€™s been over 3mos smh lol this is the first time Iā€™ve had trouble getting seeds from overseas but Iā€™ve heard good things about Angus I have not received a pink slip so it should be good I just donā€™t know what to do? Any suggestions? @Upstate and tirah valley is one I been eyeing for a while oh and I just popped kosher kitty itā€™s 1990s cat piss x kosher Kush I heard you like your cat piss so I figured Iā€™d let you know :slight_smile: itā€™s my first time growing it so we will see I was thinking about letting the fort Bragg drop pollen but I havenā€™t made my mind up yet :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Are you going to make seed? And are you doing OP? And if you do slight selecting of femaleā€™s but use at least 3 males ? And do you think thatā€™s how they select populations in the field? @Upstate oh and thanks bro for thinking bout me :slight_smile: oh knowing you itā€™s probably a co-op lol I had a wakeNbake this morning :slight_smile: lol

2 Likes

I always OP my first generation landraces even if itā€™s only in a limited fashion. This Tirah Run is for head stash this time as I wouldnā€™t want to cut in on the business of the man running this thread. To the contrary Iā€™d like to help him get more business rather than less and I figured that showing my fellow OG ers A closer look at what these fantastic genetics look like grown in the States would go far towards meeting that goal. Iā€™ll be pheno hunting for some keepers to work towards an IBL. Once IBL status is closer you can count on me spreading some seeds of this one around.
Spreading genetics around is a great way to aid in Landrace preservation, But not nearly so good as directly supporting the farmers that maintain them.

I think @LandraceWarden would be better able to answer that question for you but generally speaking I think most males are eliminated from most fields with either colorful or very full flowered individuals left in place for limited seed.

Any idea where to find the nineties cat piss pure?

6 Likes

Hi, thank you upstate for the kind remarks. Also, your concern of supporting me and you did it I am very thankful to you.
Regarding the Genetics, now itā€™s in your owner ship, I would love to watch you do wonders, create your own OP or whatever you desire.

Also what you mentioned about the pollination in fields and how it is don, I agree :100: you got it right.

Also, I would love to see your more grow updates regarding Hoper valley selection in the upcoming next year season.

5 Likes

Such healthy looking, beautiful plants youā€™ve got growing over there. Good luck to you.

2 Likes

You got it. Very much looking forward to growing those. Special genepool for sure. As you know, it was a toss up between Tirah Valley and Hoper Valley for this next indoor grow.
Hereā€™s a question for you @LandraceWarden.
What would you say is the major difference between Farming / Breeding practices in Pakistan as opposed to Afghanistan?
Also, I understand there are at least two major growing regions in Pakistan. One in Balochistan and another in Tirah valley. Any others?

4 Likes

@LandraceWarden how about selections from Rajasthan? Hotter, desert region with excellent sativaā€™s

1 Like

Rajisthani landrace might be more on the wild side in Indian region, and we have observed a more domesticated population in the Sindh Pakistani side but a little far from the actual desert.
But, @Upstate is talking about the commercial hubs of Cannabis in Pak & the Sindh region is not one.

3 Likes

There are differences, the main thing is Balochi influence on the Cannabis cultivation which has made its way to grow seedless flowers for the rising demand in the developed side of Pakistan. So, the Balochi farmers have made a very long flowering variety which can flower later until December which mitigates the majority of the pollination process, but a few seeds in the early matured flowering sites of the main prolonged flowering variants.
Also, many from Central Asia enjoy the Tirah Valleyā€™s range of Hash as itā€™s the most preferred due to its texture of resin which is a bit soft and best to use in Chillums.
Many of the changes can be observed due to the Geographical difference between two regions as well as the North most part Hash cultivation is influenced by the southern Afghan Hash extracting methods sifting. Also, we can only have this Goat skin hash only in the Khyber Agency only not anywhere else :heart:

6 Likes

I have heard of and seen the famed goat skin hash in pictures. Iā€™m sure others that will come along and read this thread will have no idea what it isā€¦ and some will think it is gross when they read about it lol. In my mind this is a very clever use of using the local materials that are available. Can you fill us all in on the process? I only know that they cure the hash In the goat skin. Is this done with both the amalgamated landrace and the Afridi Tribe Sativa?
I hope someday I can legally order an entire goat skin of hash from your countryšŸ˜. Better yet, perhaps Iā€™ll visit someday and get to smoke it with you in the Shadows of the Hindu kushšŸ¤©

5 Likes

Quetta City having a good transition in flowering, developing a canopy.

12 Likes