Random stuff that makes the pothead in me laugh

Hope this is the right spot for this and that some of you get a chuckle…

I’ve done some stand up in the past, and am always looking for (and sharing) stuff that makes me laugh.

Please enjoy!

To start…I was out looking for a jacket at our local “Winners” (equivalent to TJMAXX in the U.S.) and ran across this.

Try as I might, I couldn’t figure out who the target market would be…

30 Likes

Other than that cardboard tag does it say that anywhere on the bag? If I saw Db I would think it was for decibels.

I think it had the whole word imprinted on the handle…

2 Likes

Yeah that seems a bit much :laughing:

Same store, different day.

Needed socks and the math made me laugh…

9 Likes

The story that made me get into stand up…

I was at Valu-Village (think Maclemore and Thrift Shop) one Saturday in November looking for CD’s, vinyl and comics when I went through the kitchen section and saw this knife…

Brand new Henkel, still had the manufacturer’s protective tape on the blade, never ever used.

I imagined some hubby gave this to his wife for the kitchen and she took one look and said “hell no!”

So I’m thinking “SCORE!!” and continue to browse through the crowded store.

I wander over to the kids section thinking I’d pick up some toys or a game for my wife’s kids and look around for a few minutes.

All of a sudden I realize the once crowded store is surprisingly empty and it dawns on me that I, a middle aged white guy in sunglasses, am standing in the kids section wearing a long black coat holding a giant knife in my hand.

I quietly walked to the cash register, paid for the knife and left.

17 Likes

Hey Bud, this might be something to merge with this page. What do you @moderators think?

Things That Make You Go Hmmm (PT.2)

3 Likes

I’m game, wherever laughs belong is good with me…

3 Likes

I agree, I just know they try to align topics sometimes so we don’t end up with multiple similar threads. I am all for laughs no matter the location :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That was funny!

5 Likes

8 Likes

2 on the upper left look like singles

There was actually 6 pairs, I agree it with you how it looks…

1 Like

5 Likes

I am absolutely certain that Jim Henson, Frank Oz and the rest of the Sesame Street creators were HUGE potheads.

I can picture it, Frank and Jim sitting in a small room full of weed smoke, passing a fattie back and forth, stoned out of their gourds…

“So, what do you think we should call the big bird?”

4 Likes
2 Likes

otoh that bag in post 1…I could see a fairly large gift market for those.

1 Like

I heard Jim Henson wasn’t trying to do anything aimed at children at all originally.

1 Like

7 Likes