Random west coast dispo vs your finest

I appreciate it, but not on IG. Couple people are really good in this market and some aren’t. Steep learning curve!

3 Likes

I would compete. I feel as though I probably wouldn’t win if judged by 100 un-biased judges but I believe I could probably have pulled 30-40% of the vote.

Pre-cure photo been in cure since early October, but I haven’t taken more photos and I’ve been smoking that bud. Slow N Sweet strain unknown breeder given to me by a friend for my first grow.

2 Likes

They fall off fast man, especially when they don’t adapt. Few years ago was a flower/pre-roll/bho producer here that got higher prices, everyone at dispos would dab their stuff and recommend it. Now nobody buys their BHO and they seem to be relying on flower again. Some is good, some isn’t, but relying on the supply chain to keep your flower good seems unrealistic. I really miss the Cali stuff that came pre packaged, and it kinda irritates me when people say they need to see and smell it first, that has never been reliable for me.

2 Likes

Wall Street WEED…:chicken:

Everything is prepackaged in the ny market. It was a real eye opener for both the farms and the dispensary. We assumed we were going to sell bulk to the dispensary, ny says farms pack test everything themselves. Dispensary can only purchase shelf ready stuff.
We talked about it and decided trying to get high prices wasn’t realistic given the prices in the black market. We decided good weed at a good (affordable) price was a better approach.

4 Likes

I’m out of likes atm but I like this thread. Love the idea

1 Like

I prefer the overall freshness of my weed over dispo weed. Whether mine is truly “better” or not, I don’t lose any sleep over that. I’m producing my own product that I’m pleased with (most of the time) and I continue to get better with time.

The whole “my weed vs your weed” dick measuring stuff doesn’t interest me

4 Likes

1 Like

Need someone to drop a competition call list!

1 Like

That’s awesome! As long as your happy that’s ALL that matters. The freshness is a big difference between homegrown and dispensary. A lot of people I know absolutely like fresher flower as a preference

3 Likes

image image

I’d take my pot over dispo weed any day most have told me they like my smoke more then top shelf 60 dollar eights at the dispo :call_me_hand:

11 Likes

The one obvious hiccup is legality federally. It’s why I was clear that it’s just hypothetical, if we’re doing something that might anger big money interests they will surely lean on that to discredit etc. The Canadian folks could do it though, they can bring their homegrown across state/provincial lines.

We all have different views on what is healthy competition vs toxic culture, but it seems like everyone misses to old cups and the true underground ones and I just can’t think of a better time for one of them.

3 Likes

I think it’s been sort of clear that any trash talking has been directed at people who claim their weed to be superior than store bought and often. If you don’t care about comparing them there is no attitude meant for you.

And across the US right now there are rich people trying to say their rec weed is safe and better and trying to corner that market. If someone can think of a better way to prove them wrong than put them side by side in an unbiased judging not bought by big money then let’s do that.

3 Likes

I’m all about that hypothetical thought process. I’m in Virginia so not as far as I can get from there but far enough there’s no way I’d join an actual comp. At least not until federal legalization and a few more grows. The picture I posted was heavy dense bud. But I wish I had waited 2-3 weeks to harvest would’ve been much better.

3 Likes

Nice plants dang…

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

For sure! No problem