Trimming, how y’all doing it?

So I’ve gotten reasonably competent with most of this weed stuff but how tf do you trim to look like this?

14 Likes

Mechanical.

I trim off all fan leaves before they come down to make the process more agreeable. It’s more ergonomic to do the sugar all at once without having to make different moves for the fans.

I’m a lazy trimmer though and don’t have much need for perfect nugs like that.

11 Likes

That looks like machine trimmed buds…I could care less for those, I try to not manhandle my buds that much when I do the first initial trimmings…I like my buds like these, I do some fine detailed trimming before for I smoke it…

29 Likes

I do it by hand and just remove all fan, sugar leaves by this order, the hard sugar leaves I just cut the excess and while green then after dry I get this.

Not like that but I supose the look will vary from strain to strain deppending on how buds grow.

This one still wet:

14 Likes

I have to agree that that nugget looks to be machine-trimmed. I would not massacre my personal stash like that, I prefer to leave a few leaves if necessary to protect the crystals. I use the tip of my scissors to cut the sugar leaves as close to the stem as possible and then trim any tiny leaf that I can see the stem of and remove without disturbing any crystals. The little leaves I cannot remove get to stay… all those crystals don’t bother me and they can be removed later if I don’t just stuff them into the bowl with the rest of the nugg :sweat_smile:

22 Likes

All of my personal smoke looks just like yours.I like to leave some of those tiny fan leaves to protect the bud.Rolls right up in a joint and helps it burn even all the way through can even taste it.No one and I mean no one yet has been like why’s your weed look like that?When they are smoking with me.I usually have the better weed mine tastes better and smokes better than the dispensary nice trimmed shit.That weed all has the same boring high.When I smoke mine it gives me hope again

7 Likes

Can’t trim this in a machine…

27 Likes

Just imagine how much better those pretty bugs would be if they hadn’t had all of the trichomes mowed off. I agree blobs o dank look cool, but it’s not what you really want

3 Likes

After chop I hang the plant whole to dry. Low humidity is an issue for me, so keeping the fan leaves attached helps. Once dried, I set up my workstation: TrimBin, small glass of alcohol, two sets of scissors (one in use while the other soaks in the alcohol), and the storage container where finished buds will live.
I work one branch at a time. Remove the big leaves, then work from bottom to top.
I’m usually pretty stoned since it’s so monotonous and time consuming. I’ll play music or throw on a movie or series I’m familiar with since my eyes won’t be on the screen.
I’ve got two to trim this week, another next week, and one the week after that…

I do have one of those CannaBrushes (on the right in the first pic). They are great if your weed gets too dry. I try to not let it get that way but if I do most of the leaves just brush right off…

15 Likes

Anyone else have a permanent one of these scissor calluses on their trim finger from years and years before they came up with these?

12 Likes

Fiskars and OCD gets me semi close lol but definitely not like that. You would almost have to cut into the bud to look like that

22 Likes

Before and after

Before and after

12 Likes

@EugeneDebs420 well I’m glad someone asked because was curious how they got it like that too. Mine basically looks like everyone else’s in here so I don’t feel so bad :blush::blush:

5 Likes

I switch between the scissors and the trimmers so I’m not doing one repetitive motion for too long.

5 Likes

Just saw this thread and I Just trimmed Yesterday,here It Is:

Hand trimmed with this

Trim jail Is fucking real!Also,my thumb hurts when I do entire plants session

12 Likes

I like your dry room😁 buds, canna nutes, and security

4 Likes

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHH.Man,there Is also curing jars with remaining gelato automatic and other weapons and ferts
@Kushking902

2 Likes

Wouldn’t have it any other way :+1:

1 Like

Thank you friend :heart:
@Kushking902

1 Like

I’m going to build one of these here pretty soon. I hope to be able to tumble most of the leaves with it. There are no blades so I don’t think it will harm the flower too much

2 Likes