Rand's 2nd Grow and the CNS17 line Nutrient Run

Hey Overgrowers! I am still Rand and I still live in the Northern California atmosphere! I am almost at the end of the fifth week of the five seeds I bought from Robert Bergman seeds, they were 5 feminized Black Widow beans and ALL FIVE OF THEM POPPED AND ALL FIVE ARE LOOKING TITS, excuse the language to the easily offended but I meant none, simply that THAT word or the description it beholds, to pretty much everyone, man, woman and baby, a thing of beauty and life and, IDK, insert your favorite adjective here…:wink:

here they are again!

So I took some cuts from TWO of these ladies and incidentally, they were the yellow leafed back left plant and the one to the right of her back there as well. The shorter and squatter looking one! From those I have 6 cuts going and of those they are 3 a piece, as far as the mother thing goes.

Two lucky girls, who just so happen to both be from the back left and yellow leafed momma, are gonna get Botanicare’s CNS17 base nutrient line and I am gonna document this thingamajig for the masses…well, the people who read this! :wink:

Here are the two young ladies in question…

the one above we will call TAMBRY as a shout out to my daughter and a character on a show she likes…

the girl below will also be a shout out to my daughter and her fascination with these words…MUDDY PUDDLES…

Now I will get some better shots of them but the first plant, TAMBRY, is growing in a different way then all but another of the cuts and the plant I chose to be the mother from now on. MUDDY PUDDLES is the standard way of growth where its like a pair of leafs, one on each side and then the growth part, (sorry for my lack of the proper lingo). You know? Like a pair this way then a pair that way? Well TAMBRY ain’t like that and not only did I read that this was a desirable trait to clone with, but I personally like how its just ONE LEAF and the growth part and it SPIRALS UP ALONG THE MAIN STALK…if you know what I am saying then you know what I am saying…I don’t wanna hafta over-explain it…

so that above is the side by side comparison and the next picture, if you look closely, is the spiral staircase looking grow pattern…

so thats the difference in the two plants but OTHERWISE they should be quite similar…two cuts coming from the same mom and cut at the same time, allbeit from different places on the plant…

FUTURE NOTE: It would have been nice to know those kinda details now that I am running the two on the same base nute set up…

RIGHT? I mean, to know, apart from the cooler grow pattern, what other things that you can see on the mother plant prior to taking the particular cut…deciding whether or not THAT cut is gonna be a GOOD cut for my particular needs…

Here is a shot of the plants before I gave them the CNS17 GROW nutes at 1/4 strength recommended dosage which ended up being 1 teaspoon or 5ml for BOTH plants…

That above is the whole lot of the cuts, but the ones I am chem nute’ing are the two in the black 6 inch pots that are far left and far right…

here’s some better shots of them…

that one above is growing in the typical two this way, two that way, growing pattern…

the next one is NOT that way…I don’t know the lingo for it, but it is growing up the main shoot like a spiral staircase…

its hard to tell from that last picture so I will add another close up of it…

Sorry, the above picture is the same one from the beginning of this post. sorry for the redundancy

On with this last bit…

Basically this is it for now. I have given them both the chem nutes CNS17 from Botanicare at 1/4 dosage and this is the observations from that initial feeding. The first plant, TAMBRY, sow s vigort and maybe a slightly yellow new grow tip, but overall is looking and growing like normal for her…VIGOROUSLY! MUDDY PUDDLES seems to be a little slower on the uptake, so to speak, as TAMBRY. As TAMBRY might be a hoe, MUDDY PUDDLES would be that trowel your grandpa gave you that all you hafta do is keep sharp and she works like a charm…:wink: NO PUN INTENDED!

So, that is it for now, folks, and I hope

EVERYTHING IS GOOD, no, GREAT FOR EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU AND EVERY SINGLE PERSON YOU LOVE…I mean that…WHY NOT? I would MUCH rather have all the people I see in my day to day life be so happy that it was BURSTING from them! It makes it easier for ME TO BE HAPPY!

be HAPPY all!

8 Likes

:seat: :popcorn: :movie_camera:

4 Likes

This grow looks set up perfect.
Taking a seat and joining the ride :sunglasses: :popcorn:

2 Likes

Thanks for joining me for the ride, I will try to make it as enjoyable as possible! Of course, I respect your opinion and nod to your experience, so PLEASE make this an active participation! It would help me on my quest to grow great cannabis, (and other plants as well, too), and would be my pleasure! You know, I’m sure my enthusiasm could seem plastic to some, but I REALLY dig this whole COLLECTIVE OF CANNABIS CULTUREand cheesy or not, I LIKE that I am able to be a part of it…so thank you! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

thanks man! I don’t feel like I have the perfect set up but certainly aspire to. I wish I didn’t hafta switch my lamp from the closet to the tent each morning at 6am. Thats my biggest complaint, really. I have two lights but like to double up for the flowering five I got running in the 3 x 3 x 6 tent I got. So to prevent these girls from flowering too I have them hang out in the closet while the big girls get their “night” time and seeing how I hafta work till midnight each work day and sometimes don’t actually get to sleep after work till well into the wee hours of the morning its a bit frustrating when that alarm goes off and says, “Rand, get your ass up and move that shit till you get the paper to buy a more user friendly set up!”…I’m not gonna lie, sometimes I don’t like that…:confounded:
still, thanks for hooking onto this ship and I will try to keep it as steady as possible but if you feel me drifting a bit, by all means, let this guy know! I’ve followed your own grows, enthusiastically, though I haven’t been super eager to comment…being new to growing and all, still, I respect what you got going on

2 Likes

Thank you for those following out there, it’s an honor to have this sounding board! It all happens with YOU reading this, surfing the internet in whatever fashion you do that in…I MEAN IT, thanks for reading and TRUST ME, I am just vain enough to REALLY try and put thought into this…there is a WHOLE LOT of good posts on this site by growers who are FAR more advanced in their knowledge of all this stuff, than I am, and ITS AN HONOR TO HAVE SOME OF THEM READING MY SHIT…excuse the lingo…

enough of that and on to the grow…

Ok, that is the closet which I have tacked reflective material to the sides of and have the KINGSPLUS 1200 LED lamp…supposed to be equivalent to 400 watt HID lighting but as I have NOT used those lamps, I have no idea. I am merely trying to get you all to get the light source and saying 1200 watts, to me, is misleading due to the fact this is NO 1200 watt HID lamp…that would be a monster, right? I mean, as far as my understanding is, there ARE HID lights that go above 1000 watts, but they are not really used for horticultural applications…?? IDK

…speak of the devil…

the above shot is of all the rooted cuts I have going from the five feminized BLACK WIDOW beans I got from ILGM and Robert Bergman. To clarify, I bought 5 beans and popped all of them. Of those five that popped all of them are now in the fifth week of flower, posted on another thread on this site. I took cuts from two of those five plants, one that seemed to express the characteristics of the South Indian Indica leaning hybrid on the dad’s side and one that expressed more of the Brazilian Sativa mother…three cuts from each.

For the purposes of this thread, I am only gonna be working two of the cuts from the Sativa mom, and one of the cuts from the Indica leaning dad.

And below is the two Sativa looking cuts we will continue with their names…

MUDDY PUDDLES

and TAMBRY with the cool growing style. Like the nodes were winding up a spiral staircase, one fan leaf and a growth node per bigger node…like this…

excuse the stinking purple light but as growers I am sure you are all used to it…
I will figure it out another day…maybe…:wink:

Here is a shot of TAMBRY back a little so you can see her “curls”!

and here is one of MUDDY PUDDLES and her stuff!

and so I gave the two of them some of the CNS17 line of nutrients from Botanicare, the GROW of the three part GROW, BLOOM and RIPE package.

they split a container that contained 1 teaspoon or 5ml of GROW and 600ml of distilled water…stirred that and basted that shit around the outer edges of the coco coir top dressing on these two ladies. Underneath is a mix of Roots Organics Formula 707 with EWC, perlite, and cocogro…the 1 inch layer of cocogro on top is as a mulch. There is a layer of EWC under the cocogrow as well followed by the mixture I stated above. For the cut that is from the Indica leaning father I used a different base soil mix. Instead of the 707 I used Kings Mix by Royal Gold…got a free sample from them and liked how coco was the first ingredient. liking it as a medium and really can see its uses as a medium with hydro apps as well!

anyways, after the nutes, here is what TAMBRY looked like from the top looking down

not bad…
and for MUDDY PUDDLES a little more of a burn look to the tips of the new growth…

you can see the yellowing going down. I am just gonna chill on the nutes for a feed or two with distilled water and hope the girls are ready for the next dose of the GROW nutes by Botanicare…

Incidentally, this is another girl with that cool grow pattern of the staircase. She is going without the chem nutes due to the fact that I am going to be using her to take cuts off of. Now that the two original moms are going to be harvested in just a few weeks, I had to get another way to get more plants and buying 5 seeds for $70 wasn’t cutting it anymore!
Point is, she was planted at the same time as these two above and could be a good comparison for the growth rate of these chem nutes in soil…

haha! sorry! you will hafta take that pic again as I currently have no shots of just the mother plant but you can see her in the back left in the 5 gallon fabric Smart Pot…with the temp gauge on her soil surface, and Tambry is the black pot on the far back and right, and Muddy Puddles is the one in the front most of the picture in the tray with the covered seedling
you can see, even from the distance, that Tambry and Muddy Puddles are bigger than the mother in the fabric pot…

so that is it for now. the humidity is low and the temp islower than I would like but such is life sometimes…

Enjoy the rest of your week, people, ALL PEOPLE!

4 Likes

Yeah swapping the lights out daily like that must be a pain in the ass. During the veg period they don’t need the light to be as strong so maybe worth while grabbing a cheapo blurple light from eBay or amazon or even a couple of screw in led light bulbs. My grows have came a long way this past year but I was fortunate enough to manage to save quite a bit of money to be able to upgrade my lighting. If it had not been for @anon58740919 building me a custom solstrip rack I’d be in a very similar position as you are. The OG members and asking a lot of questions on the forum along with the light are how I’m now able to hit the fabled 1gpw every time now. Just keep at it. Things will fall into place eventually :+1:

3 Likes

I’m not particularly caught up on the scenario here. Thanks for the commendation @Esrgood4u. Sounds like the guy needs a COB cool tube in his life though. Something with dimmability he can use right through. @randrobertson522 if you’re stuck for lighting ideas drop me a PM

2 Likes

Yeah, Ive been following one of ur threads, and ur, (or were, maybe?) using the BLURPLE lights. Its made me check them out and I have a Solsheet X with a 185 watt Meanwell driver. And YEAH, I’m accumulating “stuff” and its happening about as fast as I could hope for. I got a decent tax return and figured I spend x amount of dollars at dispensaries or on the street and so why NOT invest in this GROW THING to save some money in the long run? I feel for my UK brothers and sisters who hafta skirt the law, man, and MUCH respect to those of you who still gotta grow stealth-like! I mean, I don’t want some dipshit mistaking my humble grow for something worth bamboozling me for, so I got SOME level of stealth…but NOTHING like what my California family have HAD to endure and what you guys/girls gotta deal with across the “pond” still…:scream:

2 Likes

Yeah the laws are a bit strange here in the UK. I know a grower that got caught with around 40 plants in a bedroom. He had bypassed the electric meter so his power was completely “free/stolen” They didn’t arrest him. All they did was take his plants away and had the meter corrected (the electric company charged him for the work). They didn’t even take his equipment so he basically just moved everything to a different address and started again. They are very lenient when it comes to cannabis unless you take the piss and fill an entire house up with plants. Hopefully one day they will just legalize it. But that will just create another problem and the government will take over and start slamming tax on it.

4 Likes

In all honesty, man, FOR ME, all its been is an increase in the price of quality buds! I remember being younger and dumber and thinking that “If only the government could legalize marijuana, then they could tax the hell out of it and make some money for themselves”. :-1:
Little did I know we were gonna be paying for strict packaging regulations and whatever else! I’m sorry, but paying $60 for an eighth of some kind nugs IS A JOKE AT STREET PRICES but when we pay MORE than that for it in a dispensary, I start to rethink this whole legalization business…:wink:

3 Likes

Hello and happy Sunday to everyone! Got some more pictures to show and some progress in the testing of Botanicare’s CNS17 line of base nutrients. First off lets update you with the players…

Here is MUDDY PUDDLES :point_down: and she has received her SECOND helping of the GROW part of this three part base nute line up…

and TAMBRY :point_down:, who also got her second dose of GROW nutes…

and the newest addition to this test group, MINNA :point_down:, who has just received her FIRST dose of GROW nutes.

Basically what happened, in my perpetual journey thru trial and error, is that I gave TAMBRY & MUDDY PUDDLES the GROW nutes PRIOR to giving them the MICROBE BREW and on MINNA, she got the M.B. BEFORE she got the GROW nutes…
I also entered this info in my written journal because the fact that MINNA, (so far, and it is early still) has responded to the chemical nutrients better than the other makes me think that inoculating the soil with as diverse as possible, microbial life can really help the plant to better absorb or however/whatever the nutes in the soil…DID THAT MAKE SENSE?

Here are some closer shots of the three and their newer growth…

Above :point_up: is MUDDY PUDDLES…
…and below :point_down: is TAMBRY…

As you can see, M.P. had some yellowing of the new growth tips and they’re slightly twisted as well. TAMBRY also had this but to a lesser degree.

MINNA has VERY little yellowing but I can see what looks like it will have yellowing on the newest growth tips. You tell me as the picture below :point_down: is the one I base my opinion on…

Now, to recap, I made up a mixture of about 350 ml of water with A TEASPOON (5ml) GROW nutrients and mixed it up and then used my turkey baster which holds, 1 FLUID OUNCE or a little more than 25 ml, of mixture in it and I gave 3/4 of the TOTAL mixture to MUDDY PUDDLES and TAMBRY, in equal parts, and the remaining 1/4 to MINNA, using the baster to assist in placement along the outer rim of the pot. This is a WEEKLY feed so if the plants need more water before the week is up I will simply give them straight water and NO EXTRA NUTRIENTS, though none of the plants have needed any supplemental watering. I am finally in the mindset that less water is better than more water and so I have REALLY been trying to limit my desire to give something to the plants every time I think I see an issue with them! The progress I mentioned at the beginning of this post is the addition of MINNA as a cut coming from a DIFFERENT mom then MP and T. She is part of the three siblings coming from the plant that showed, what I believed to be traits similar to the South Indian Indica leaning hybrid dad of the seeds, which was a shorter squat stature and broader leaves than some of the other plants. Also, MUDDY PUDDLES and TAMBRY have really started to grow and it’ll be fun to watch how the chem nutes make this set of plants grow versus how the more “organic” fertilizing methods I used before grew!

Enjoy the final day of the weekend, EVERYONE!

4 Likes