Rare seeds how to get more

I was given 3 reg seeds from a well known breeder. He only released 250 seeds total. I got 3. OG runtz x capulator Mac 5 x thug pug unicorn poop. What’s the best way to get more seeds? Hope one is a male? Or if there’s a male and female, pollinate the female? Plant all 3 at once or one at a time? I know zero about breeding other than clones. Thanks in advance

9 Likes

Plant them all hope one is male.

9 Likes

like said above hope you find a male/female combo and let the male dust your female. other wise you’ll have to use colloidal silver or Silver Thiosulfate to reverse a female to produce pollen. I have never tried a reversal myself but as far as I know you’ll only produce feminized seeds this way if I’m not mistaken. other than that you’ll have keep keep some clones if you find a worthy female keeper. Good luck!

9 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

I’m tempted to send them to a pro. I’ve never did any breeding

1 Like

It’s not that difficult to do on a small scale like the one you are proposing.

2 Likes

clone the crap out of all of them, see what is up worst case there are no males, make fem seeds or a cross with something else… making seeds may be easier then bud they get pollinated so they need not to make herm flowers.

3 Likes

Just flower them all and take clones before so you can replicate it If something goes South. If everyone is a female you have clones you can use STS on and make fem seeds out of them. You can even bx the seeds to the mothers.

3 Likes

What other strains do you have in your locker ? Seems like any Cookies will be safe to breed to. If it were up to me I would plant all 3 of these along with something else that would pair nicely with. Either way if you find one male from your pool of seeds, just chuck pollen on everything you have going. You’d have tons of seeds to go thru.

2 Likes

Hey bud, what you are talking about isn’t really breeding. Breeding is more about planting a bunch of plants and then selectively choosing which ones have the traits you are looking for to breed with. This is just a reproduction and not near as complicated. If you plant all 3 and get a male you are all set. If you don’t than it’s fem seed making time. But don’t let the task feel bigger than it is. If you keep them healthy the rest will take care of itself.

5 Likes

nah you won’t need a pro a seed run isnt that difficult and 3 plants are easily managed… if you do get a male/female combo I suggest isolating the male from female (if possible) until the end of week 3 to let your female get good and established. between weeks 4 and 5 let your male doing his thing in the tent and end of week 5 pull your male and from there it’s just like any other grow my friend! have a little faith in yourself! Do some research tons of info between OG and YouTube! you got it buddy! again best of luck!

4 Likes

STS if you have no Males…

Check out the post below.
Lots of great info for ya!

5 Likes

Most of the good ideas have already been stated. Another thought would be to find one of the three strains that made these, to pop to find a male/female which every you need. If you don’t want to end up all female seeds. just a thought.

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

Pop em. Long as you get a female you can have seeds. I think be better if you also get a male to make regular beans then work them. But at worst you can try reversing female and hitting another if they’re all females.

3 Likes

I have some cookies strains. Forum Stomper is GSC x Skywalker I believe

1 Like

My grow room is in the room with my tent. I will have to stop growing and just pop these 3. Hope for 1 male then learn how to pollinate and when. I really don’t know anything about seeds. I read you bag the male pollen sack limb and shake pollen into the bag then brush on to female pistils

Hey @RonnieB2nd . I’d suggest you hold cuts of all that germinate while you flower them for one round before you do anything with them. They may have undesirable inter-sex traits or they may not be something you even like. Make sure it’s even worth F2ing before you put in the work. Best of luck.:grin::peace_symbol:

3 Likes

If you get a male, you dont have to do anything! Just let nature take care of things. Its called open pollination. :+1:t2:

Outsider looking in.
If time isn’t a requirement

Possibly try a seed run with some other seeds first to get the idea of it !

Then after first experiment- and experience - go for your desired ones.

But growing them out now and taking clones is a great idea also ?!

2 Likes

Yeah, thats an good idea!