Real seed co. Lebanese

Anxious to see what you find in those. Will be cool to see more TLC testing, I don’t know why but I love seeing the cannabinoid layouts. Here is one I completed from an Ethiopian plant from last season’s outdoor grow. Lots of THCV and a tiny amount of CBD too.

6 Likes

Ok this answers my question @lefthandseeds ^

Looks like a cheap enough test. Thanks for posting that example for the class @deeez99

4 Likes

Awesome!! I’ve never grown Ethiopian before, what should I expect? Also, do you have any advice for a good supplier for test kits?

3 Likes

I had four females total. Two of them very long flowering, Christmas tree structure, thin whispy flowers and roughtly 7 ft in height in 3.5 gal pots. I never harvested these two before the frost finally did them in unfortunately.

One was pretty similar to the above but more dense flowers and finished earlier. The last one shown in the TLC test was much faster flowering, short (~3-4 ft tall maybe) and more dense buds. All grown in recycled soil with some amendments a couple weeks into flower and some compost teas randomly though out the summer. Overall very easy to grow.

cannalyticssupply.com is where I got my kit, the cheapest one. Then I just sourced the refill items elsewhere. The dye is the only thing that I can’t find and so I’ve been buying that from the same source.

3 Likes

That’s great to see the short/fast pheno had thcv in the resin. That’s what I’m looking for right now - eventually to breed out this hybrid and use it as a dad in crosses with other sativas. I’m impressed that there is a lot of mixed cannabinoids in there. That’s just what I’m looking for.

I’ll check out that supplier and get a kit on order. I know what you mean about the dyes. I was looking to purchase all of the supplies individually quite a while ago and never could find the fast bb. You can find it at the usual chemical suppliers but they only sell to businesses.

4 Likes

That’s great. Little patio plants for the deck or veranda. Even a window.

5 Likes

Yes this was the same thing I kept running into. I also decided to keep the solvent/eluent simple and just use chloroform throughout which seems to work great so far.

5 Likes

Very interested in these tests
The plants can be very young when you test?

4 Likes

Yes you really just need roughly 100g of dried leaf and I’m usually comfortable plucking lowers at around 30-40 days but just depends on the plant.

I was kind of documenting a test run over here

5 Likes

Wow, I didn’t know you could use leaf. And you tested males? I assume you use leaf from around the male flowers?

4 Likes

They weren’t flowering yet when I did the test, it was just leaves when they were still vegging. But yes all you need is the leaf which makes it all that more awesome because obviously you don’t have to go through the flowering time if they aren’t what you’re looking for. However, in the case of THCV it seems the ratios to THC can and will vary from veg to flower so that is also what I’m curious to find out for myself.

5 Likes

That is really great information for me, because I will have to use an Ethiopian male. I’ll try doing a test once they start dropping pollen and maybe that will be the best I can do. Either way, I assumed you needed flower for the test, so this is really exciting to find out.

5 Likes

That’s how I planted my Black Leb and the BB Leb. One between each rose bush, along a fence with the neighbor and facing south. I got them in late and they flowered quickly and were perfect where i planted them. They fit right in!

4 Likes

FYI @zephyr , “royal” is def. back and he DMed me to offer an unsolicited trade for his “Shiatsu Kush” seeds.

3 Likes

@Trowertripper
how is your verdict on the RSC Lebanese after a longer Time? Does it have those calm , soft, anxietyfree, goodvibe Qualities we bouth are searching?
did you find it a bit too boring with all its CBD Content , and relatively low THC ?
I know from smoking Hemp even that i can get a bit moody when the CBD hits… its hard to find good vibes in canna…

Anyone elses oppinion is apprechiated aswell !!! Thell me the hard critical truth please. How good is it.
I will eventually try this line too.

5 Likes

I still really enjoy my selection of the 2014 lebanese gathered on site in lebanon. I haven’t grown their reproduction.

I pretty much grow it every year outdoor. this was the first year since 2017 that I didn’t get a lebanese female established in time to use it for breeding.

Very medicinal. The high is just slightly psychedelic, and doesn’t really do what I would expect from indica or sativa. I’d describe the high as perspective altering and meditative.

there is definitely more going on in the cannabinoid profile than just cbd. the cannabinoid profile is well balanced- if it was only high in cbd the muscle relaxant effect would be too strong for me. In many phenos it feels like the cbd is balanced with thc or other trace cannabinoids.

3 Likes

Sorry i was unclear, i thought Realseedcompnay reproduced that lexact same Line that ACE had.
I just ment the Line collected in the 90s. Sold by ACE Seeds, I thought realseedcompany sold that line too.

2 Likes

they say their reproduction is based on 2008 stock from a farm in the bekaa valley.

before they did reproductions, they just sold lines sourced from the origin point. they sold their 2014 lebanese collection up until around 2018, when they switched most of their lines to in-house reproductions of the stock they had gathered.

I can’t really speak to the quality of the repros, but the origin point lebanese is great.

maybe the repros are better for some lines- all of their himalyans gathered from the origin points had terrible germ rates and pythiosis or other fungal infection that you would not want to introduce to your grow.

4 Likes

Real seed co and ace were quite different.
The real seed co was a nice high that reminded me of the mid grade mexi stuff we smoked in the late 70s
Not.like Columbian or thai…but decent smoke nonetheless. You are high but not crippled.or tripping…just high.

3 Likes

One of my ace phenos was amazing headRUSH sit your ass down weed. The other was hemp. Both hermied.
I ran ten plants our of the hemp pheno and found one that didn’t herm and bred it to landrace team leb male. I haven’t ran then.
I want to try running the head r us h pheno and find it again but I haven’t yet.

2 Likes