Recent breeding project!

This is a red hot cookie x cookie monster. Super excited for this one. Super deep purple hues. The lineage breakdown is (tangie x GSC) x (sour banana sherbert x dawg biscuits #4) x gg4).

Dawg biscuits #4 (chem 4 x gdp) x platinum GSC

This is the sour banana x dawg biscuits #4 x gg #4

Can’t wait to offer her out to test!!

Somali ghost train x ghost rider OG (Cindy 99 x Ghost og)

Blue dream (pulls pink and purple hues) x ghost rider OG

25 Likes

Looks beautiful!

1 Like

wonderful looking bud you got there my friend :slight_smile:

thank you for giving us all a look at your work

all the best and be safe

Deuilo

2 Likes

What is involved in progressing from where you are to field testing?
I’ve often wondered what the processes are in developing a project like that.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Well… im sure its different for everybody where they take it from here. But thats a really good question and im curious how others respond to what they do.

For myself, its about intention. And saying ok where are we now with the current line and where do I want it to go. For the cookie line for us my vision is to have a CONSISTENT uniquely pink and purple hued heavier yielding cookie with a terp profile to match the bag appeal.

From here to field testing? For me that goes in waves per say. Technically this is the last step before testing the first round. But its only the beginning. The first round of testers is limited and goes out to more experienced growers. Its intention is to determine the dominant genotype in the cultivar, wether she stresses well, did we infact add what we were trying to in the cross (in our case color and more terps).

If the resulting f1 is exceptional then we consider putting it out. But we don’t stop… cause chances are your not getting consistency seed to seed. So then we take the cream of the f1s and put them together for f2’s. F2 breaks the genome. And shows you the genetic potential of what you have so we will find that uber potent purple/pink cultivar with the terp profile we want that bodes well for indoor. And reverse backcross it on the purple hued red hot cookie to reinforce the color and terp profile. And send her out to test. She will be more consistent and more dialed into what were trying to bring to the community and if the testing bodes well we consider offering her to market too. As a rBx1. The reverse backross streamlines the road to consistency by drastically limiting the recombination of genes.
So now we will have the rbx1 red hot cookie :japanese_ogre:monster that exhibits fairly consistent traits for what was selected. Then we do it again. RBX2. That way the deeper we get the more we can guarantee the picture you see is the plant you get. At each stage I think it’s important to test before selling them. To just make sure we aren’t producing hermie prone plants, that were getting good germination rates, that we are verifying the consistency of our product before we bring it to market.

6 Likes

That blue dream ghost rider oh my. Just the name makes me wanna grow it lol

1 Like

Fascinating, thanks for that explanation. Much appreciated!

Cheers
G

1 Like

Forgive me for being the wet-blanket/debbie-downer… :sweat_smile:

What about pests, pathogens, indoor/outdoor, hot/cold, wind, herms, etc.? Those are important as a seed-buyer, IMO. :wink:

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

I absolutely agree… I was just trying to give a real broad understanding of what I understood his question to be. The things I mentioned aren’t the only things were breeding for.

1 Like

Red hot cookies x cookie monster!
Stalking the page now
Beautiful bud pic, by the way

3 Likes