Recent legal changes

I live in AZ and we just gained the ability to talk about our grows :laughing: Has anyone else gone through that recently? It fucking weird. I have to re-read everything I type because I am so used to a ‘closed mouth/open eyes’ policy. It’s weirding me out, and it’s cool and all, but that part could calm down a little and I would be ok. I don’t want to sound unappreciative, because I know it’s a good thing we’ve been given, it’s progress towards freeing the plant. :peace_symbol:

15 Likes

I’m in Canada it’s been legal for a few years here and I still often don’t believe it. I still only talk about growing on here…old habits!

13 Likes

I will call water pipes, water pipes until the day I die lol.

5 Likes

Congratulations man. I know its gotta feel good. I can’t wait for my state to get on the ball. I know they could use the tax $. When the day comes I’m going to put a green house in my back yard.

8 Likes

Just not a Bong I lived thru pipe dreams :frowning:

3 Likes

I still retain a lot of deeply rooted paranoia from my youth with cannabis in an illegal state. Spent at least 10 years avoiding run-ins with the cops trying to just get baked.

I’m in a legal state but I still think I have psychological artifacts around being scared of the law all the time, though it has eased up a lot.

It’s been a great realization when I can look at my grow and think “I’m doing nothing illegal, whoa!!”

4 Likes

I got sentenced to 8 years for cultivation. Went and did my time, walked off parole a few years ago and started up days later after moving to a cannabis friendly state. I try not to be paranoid but sometimes it does enter into things. Kinda normal after many years of growing illegal.

6 Likes

It’s legal where I am.

Can’t get rid of the anxiety that has come with a lifetime of risk though.

And I’ve got privacy issues too, for the same reason.

5 Likes

I get suspicious, like, am I about to be one of those idiots who gets talked about for years, like the big brains who (if true) responded to the police offer to have their meth tested?

2 Likes

I’ve been Californian for 42.0 years & it’s taking it’s toll. :rofl:

Completely lost any apparent awareness that it was ever illegal & still is. :smoking: :speaking_head: I don’t really trust the judgement of any adult who doesn’t enjoy weed. It’s like a driver’s license-- the children just aren’t permitted, for everyone’s safety. :sunglasses:

:thinking: But initially though… yeah, I had an idea of what other oppressed groups that have recently enjoyed some liberation (i.e. :rainbow_flag:) we’re feeling.

After the years of being a dirty pariah, then watching the corporate greed rush & canon[sic] of bullshit along with it, I just can’t give a fuck about it beyond watching my own ass.

I’ll be moving states soon though & have to burst my own haze-y trichome because folks outside of here are 30 yrs behind here(lucky for them, for the most part)… :policeman: :man_facepalming: :dollar: :running_man:

And doomsday-prep some hash… :joy: :flight_departure:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes