Reciprocal Breeding

I was told the sweet pepper that was pollinated by the hot pepper won’t be hot, but any seeds saved will produce plants that will be spicy. I’ll have to look into that.

So the hot was dominant? I’m not sure what’s so surprising about that if that’s the case since that is HS Bio stuff of course the farmers had scientific theory on their side imo myth busted.

That’s the theory but the truth has always been that your sweet peppers turn hot, they have only recently been able to explain why. Farmers who have bitten into a hot pepper that was supposed to be sweet have known this to be true for a long time and keep them far apart. The science guys can argue and explain away why what they think should or should not be true.

2 Likes

In my defense if I may, at least I never said “I am Science.”

I totally dident mean anything offensive or combative about my post I hope it was not taken that way , I’m just very firm in believing in what I see , many aspects of plant biology are still a mystery and many things that shouldn’t occur do, nature is tricky like that there always seems to be some variable hidden up her sleeve

4 Likes

No worries.
I was agreeing with you by using science that I learned at least.
There are free courses on tube besides school of course and science research articles on hemp cannabis etc that explain a lot of what’s going on.
A lot is affected by natural different hormone levels produced by diff plants strains etc…
In fact flushing causing increase in ethylene and they did a test of this I dont have the article that in taste test etc didnt see much diff.
It will stress a soil media to soak roots making it produce ethylene a senescence pgr making starch to sugar sweeter bud. You can do this without flush too.
So not mystery not tricky in this case I think.
My last comment was a joke about a Dr. Fugazi quote.
I do try to structure my replies to be offensive though it makes debating fun and really brings out the truth.

1 Like