Reclaim of Squish wafers?

I have been experimenting with rosin pressing. In the process I am ending up with stacks of squished wafers of flower. I am only getting about a 10% yield on my squishes, i.e. there is a lot of goodies left in the wafer.

So I have a jar filled with 200 proof ethanol and I dump the wafers in there and let soak a couple days, giving an occasional swirl.

I filtered the solution, evaporated the alcohol, and would up with over 1/2 gram of a thick oil. It is deep green with chlorophyll. Should I redissolve in alcohol and try to winterize it?

Any other way to clean it up?

Any other suggestions for reclaiming squish wafers?

9 Likes

Edibles too. Butter infusion. Maybe not this one since it’s all green.

1 Like

I’ve ground up old pucks for quick wash Iso and ran it through my Aero-Press with a metal mesh filter.

5 Likes

Someone on this site (I forgot who) posted in one of the threads, that after they had a bunch of rosin chips or whatever anyone calls them, that they threw them in bubble bags to wash again, collect whatever and then press again. It came out real nice I’ll have to see if I can find the post somewhere.

2 Likes

It was @TerpSneeze everyone using a press should check this Out

3 Likes

For green alcohol extract you can just throw it in the sun and the leftover chlorophyll will degrade from green to brown in a hurry, usually only takes a couple hrs.

Doesn’t “clean it up” persay but does break down that chlorophyll

4 Likes

Winterizing it won’t get rid of the green. Next time only soak the wafers for a minute or two to minimize chlorophyll pickup.

I actually remive the puck from the bag and just wash the bags in alcohol for 2-5 minutes then strain, winterize, and evaporate. It still comes out a dark amber with a bit of green in it. I use that mainly for edibles.

There are ways to clean it up involving a polar solvent and a separation funnel, but never found it with the effort to use hexane.

9 Likes