Recommend dentist

Some of you have seen my post about an infected tooth. Hoping you guys can help me out with information again.
I’m looking for the state with the cheapest dental costs, specifically dentures/ implants or the post and attached dentures. Tried of being in pain and tired of being looked at like a crack head because I have no top teeth and 6 bottom from an accident at work and then shitty workman’s comp root canal and posts/crown that fell out leavening me with zero options. Here in fl the cheapest place is 1300 a tooth or 950 per post for attached dentures ( requires 4 for the bottom and 4 for the top plus the plates). Granted I have been blessed with an amazing career and make damn good money it just isn’t enough to support my family on alone. My wife doesn’t work, was to raise the kids but now random seizures that we can’t get diagnosed to get disability for various reasons. Plus I want my girls raised with traditional values family values. Even working 60-96 hrs a week I can’t afford $6-7000 just for one half all at once. I was told things like that were almost half as much in parts of ga and other southern/appalachian states but reluctant to believe some of what I’ve heard without hearing it from trusted folks. Hell if you’re the one that gives me the info on something I can afford I’ll send ya 100 sour strawberry seeds and half of any pack in my stash.

4 Likes

@Daytripr69 Look up a place called Affordable Dentures, they do extractions and dentures and for a half decent price.

3 Likes

The work you’re describing with having posts put in can take several visits over a number of months before they can attach the tooth/teeth/dentures. Money aside, you might find it impractical or impossible to travel as needed on the schedule they would require. I was attacked by a group of 5 guys many years ago and one of them hit me in the mouth with a club, cracking 2 of my teeth. Fortunately, I was able to get crowns, but years later, I thought about having them pulled and having implants put in. Each one would have taken several visits over 6 months to a year, depending on healing and bone growth around the posts. Oh, and it was about $2k per tooth.

There are commercials on TV for ClearChoice Dental Implant Centers. They can do the work you need and will allow you to finance. They have locations all over Florida - here’s the list:

5 Likes

I got my teeth pulled and dentures her in fla for about 5 to $600 about 10years ago i got dental insurance for like 35 a month and after a month on being on the plan it was off to the races i also had to have my upper and lower. Quadr
Ants done by an oral surgeon to make the dentures line up right i think tyhat was another 600 i will see if the dentalpeoplke are still advertising it was here in pasco co i dont know if they are still around now and after i was done i just cancelled the policy only paid like 3 months on it

Pet

2 Likes

All you have to do is find a dentist that takes that particular ins i had like 18 teeth pulled they all were bad fromdiabetes

1 Like

That’s just it I’ve already had most of the work done that would be needed because I had a lot of bone growth called tori (sp?) Removed because it made my upper jaw to wide, while removing that bone they placed pieces in the holes left by my teeth to keep the bone from receding since I’m rather young to be getting dentures. Those grafts are healed so they can cut the gum, drill the bone and cement the anchor. Most places that do this make the plate in house and can do it same day. I have talked to places here and that’s what they say anyway, since most of the work is already done the most I would have is a follow up once the swelling from cutting gums goes back down. My lower would take time. I only have my 6 front lower teeth so they could mount the posts at the same time as the upper and pull the teeth then go back for a lower plate when they reline the upper. The travel could be the killer depending on how far and exact location determines that. Hell medical tourism is a thing in India and Taiwan. 38000-55000 full mouth implants here are 9500 there and they sell packages for flights, hotel and transportation. All in 20k, hell of a discount but for what I want it’s no different or only slightly cheaper to go there because of the travel. If I found a place in say ga that would do my upper for 2500-3000 with the posts and was close to the airport if just fly in, Uber to appointment and back to airport and fly out same day for pennies and come out way ahead.

1 Like

That’s who started pulling my teeth until they had me pay for an appointment for an emergency extraction, after spending 1500 there already on other extractions, they tell me that I have to come back in 6 hours because they have a patient already and only one doctor showed up. The other guy was getting 5 hours of work done and said he’ll take his tooth out ahead of me, he’s hurting and I’m just hanging out and they wouldn’t and wouldn’t refund my money. Needles to say when I call they won’t answer the phone lol

1 Like

My insurance covers 80% of cosmetics up to $2000 a year. Dental insurance sucks for major procedures. You would think I’m never going to need expensive treatments again so pay out the 12k now and suspend my insurance for 6 years

1 Like

My parents always drove down from Arizona to Mexico for their dental and eye care and saved lots. Here the cheapest place is the University if you are willing to let the dental students do it.

3 Likes

My ex girlfriend and her Family would always go to Mexico from FL and get their dental work done by an actual Dentist, for cheap too, professionally done.

3 Likes

This is a huge long shot but what about Columbia?? I know their plastic surgery is too notch and about 1/10 the cost.

Might be worth it to go there or Mexico if you can knock it all out in 1 trip or 2. Just a thought.

Hopefully someone’s a oral surgeon here and really needs seeds… that would be epic by the way if that happened.

4 Likes

Dentures aint cheap a buddy went to Aspen dental they were 10k out and in.
Just for a partial for me was 3500.
8 teeth out
8 fillings
3-4 trips for cleanings
A partial top and bottom

5600 bucks
4k for stud teeth a piece

3 Likes

The health care system in this country is fuxked.

If the doctor isn’t bending you over, it’s the dentist.

1 Like

Go to school for 10years and pay there schooling cost see if its still fucked.

1 Like

Given that I could go to Europe or Canada or anywhere else and get the same quality (or better) done for a fraction of the cost doesn’t justify it.

2 Likes

Do it then, nothing is making you go thru the med system here except for convenience then.
If you got decent insurance you don’t hardly pay anything other than co-pays and insurance premiums.

1 Like

Don’t knock it. I went to Cancun and had my teeth done for pennies. Had them all pulled and dentures put in. 700 bucks. Going back next year for implants. 5700 dollars vs 42 grand.

3 Likes

Have you looked into same day denture places? I know a couple people around here that paid around 3k$ to pull the remaining teeth and fit the dentures… Just a thought though

1 Like

Implants are outrageous was looking at them myself.

1 Like

I don’t need dental work right now, a teeth or two I can afford but over 10k and I’m booking a flight.

2 Likes