Regular females showing male pollen sacks

hola amigos. I was talking to a friend the other day admiring some of his dried flowers and I noticed a male banana on the nug. My friend told me that he was going to get rid of the strain even though it is frosty and decent smoke. He had to tell me like 3 times before it sank in that these male bananas were from normal seeds not feminized, and that the genetics were bad. I am not sure of the strain or breeder, but it is a newer one. I will ask tomorrow, but, that is why I generally don’t buy new genetics.

2 Likes

That can be a lot of factors. I wouldn’t blame breeder right away… Stress can induce hermies… It can be shocks from light, temperature difference, etc. Some strains are more prone than others. Just my two cents…

3 Likes

Yes, I agree and my point is not attack or call out anyone.

I didn’t mention that it was grown with 6 other strains each strain having at least 4-6,000 watts per strain.

Generally nowadays you only hear about feminized seeds having bananas, not so much normal females

1 Like

Thing is, those bananas can still pollinate the non-herme plants too. :confounded:

1 Like

I pour some pollen around my tents, and I usually don’t have issues, but stress, and weak phenos are always out there it seems.

1 Like