ReikoX's Solventless Hash Rosin Cartridges

Very impressive thanks for easy step by step cheers

6 Likes

This was great, thank you @ReikoX

Question, do you ever deal with them clogging or do you preheat them for a few seconds before pulling on them? What wattage are you running them at?

4 Likes

By the third fill, they have a tendency to get a bit gummed up. I’ve never had to pre-heat it though. I run my PCKT Two at around 3.5 volts.

9 Likes

I was going to give it a run today with some jars I got similar in size to yours; I worry they won’t stand the heat vs a canning jar. What was your issue?

3 Likes

Whaa

What a post …incredible information with pics.

A true Alchemist at work.

4 Likes

So for jars this is something to consider and watch out for where ive been loosing pressure “terps”

Alot of smaller jars seem to have this style thread lock to them which they provide a seal at say room temp but because they have the flat ramp at the end and dead stop its more up to the lid tabs to provide the pressure to seal and if those tabs aren’t really tight they wont hold the pressure or even bend easily under it sure you can probably adjust them to make them work which i plan to do as these are really the only small jars “30ish ml” i can find locally before going up to 125ml canning jars.

In comparison legit canning jars have a positive engagement type thread “standard corkscrew” where the pressure is increased the more you tighten so they are more apt to hold pressure than the ones above.

10 Likes

I’m in luck then! These 1oz jars I found should work well.

1 oz / 30 ml Clear Thick Glass Straight Sided Jar with White Metal Airtight Lid (6 pack) https://a.co/d/fu0WVQ0

5 Likes

You’ve really got my wheels spinning since I read this thread and I’ve been doing a bunch of research on the equipment and process.

First off… this is not a cheap set up eh!? wowzers… the freeze dryer or beer froster that you own is what is concerning me the most. Let’s say I don’t have $2000 to $3000 laying around for one of these, what is the best way to dry out my bubble before pressing? Or is this something that is a must for the process?

I’ll probably have more questions as I continue researching lol

2 Likes

The beer froster is just a freezer with lots of shelves. It cost me about $600 USD instead of the $2-3K for a full on freeze dryer. You can do the same thing in your home freezer.

5 Likes

Ok sweet, so basically I can just use my large chest freezer at home for the same result as long as I spread out the trichcomes enough for an even freeze dry?

The key is to try to remove as much of the moisture as possible before adding to the freezer, correct?

5 Likes

That’s correct. :+1::seedling:

5 Likes

Water and oil don’t mix. Should be easy to separate.

Tell em reekocks

1 Like

Sweet man, thanks for the info. I ordered a rosin cart from the local cannabis store out here to test it out and make sure I really enjoy it before I get too deep into buying everything for this process but I’m getting a bit tired of my dry vape. There’s no beating the convenience of a vape pen! Originally I gave up the carts bc I was freaked out when all those kids were getting sick. There’s something I just didn’t trust about how they were making these oils and what they were cutting it with etc. after doing more research I heard about how you can heat cure solventless rosin so that you can put it in a cart. The carts are just so damn convenient!! So putting it all together and I saw your post and ya, about to take out a second mortgage to get all set up! Lol

4 Likes

Why do you keep making new accounts to troll us?
This is an awesome thread. No need to add your useless bs. Get a life bud

3 Likes

Me again lol… So is this a typo? Your plates are 2.5x2.5 but you use a 2.5x3 bag? wouldn’t the bag be too large for the plates? Ideally what are you shooting for in terms of choosing a rosin bag? Do you want something thats slightly smaller than your plate dimensions?

2 Likes

No typo, the bags are 2x3, but when I fill and fold it they are 2x2. That extra inch is folded over. Yes they are slightly smaller than my plates.

5 Likes

Ahh ok I understand now, thanks again for the reply!

2 Likes

I gots me a question here fella’s

the decarb process in the toaster oven… I have seen a better(?) way practiced by a fellow on another site. I won’t cut and paste the posts but his method uses a magnetic heated stirring unit that is purchased on amazon for under 100 canadian.

the process decarbs the product thru a ramp up and ramp down process coming to 40C at end. That is where terps can be added and is the temp for injecting into carts.

I can share more detail in the thread if the OP is interested.

7 Likes

iirc the issue was with street dealers cutting vape carts with vit E oil, which was wrecking people’s lungs.

3 Likes

Yes I remember it now… not cool. Scared me off black market carts.

Hey @ReikoX
I’m trying to purchase some of those trays that you stick in the freezer to let the hash dry out. Would a steel or aluminum tray be better?

Also, why is it beneficial to increase the pressure in the jar (by placing in the freezer) before heat curing?

Do you think the heat curing process could be accomplished in a water bath? I have a sous vide machine and was just thinking it might work.

Ordered up my rosin press during prime day and saved about $125. I went with the Dabpress 6 ton.

Where did you get that insulation blanket for your washer?

2 Likes