ReikoX's Solventless Hash Rosin Cartridges

I don’t think it matters, mine are aluminum.

Honestly don’t think there is one, I wouldn’t do that again.

Yes so long as the jar is sealed so no water gets in, it shpuld be fine. @Mr.Sparkle uses his instapot.

It’s called reflextix insulation. I bought a roll of it from Lowe’s when I built my first cabinet.

6 Likes

Sweet, thanks again for the response.

Have you seen this before? The Büchner Funnel Hash Drying Technique in Detail with Tyler Markwart - YouTube

Looks like a solid solution for ppl without a freeze dryer!

3 Likes

Seen it, tried it, didn’t really care for the results.

5 Likes

reeeeee-he he hee heeeeeealllly!?

Well damn. I thought I was on to something there haha.

4 Likes

Question. Have you ever seen heard of or know anyone used the product holy terps? I been looking and it claims just mix w shatter or qwet qwiso etc. They have lot of products come with added terpenes or can get flavorless.im more into flavorless. I’m just looking for a simplified way without any fancy equipment They also sell 1g ccell cartridges that are refillable from top to put the mix in.

1 Like

I tried some of the True Terpenes liquidizer stuff. I personally didn’t like it. It dilutes the product and was a little harsh IMO. The whole reason I do it this way is to be 100% solventless. :wink:

11 Likes

anybody know of any companies producing solventless hash rosin carts? pre

1 Like

Not sure where you’re at but here mpx (melting point extracts ) has some fslr carts. They want like $40 for .5g cart. But it’s full spec live resin it definitely is smoother

3 Likes

in VT, so looking for (sadly) any MSO’s setting up in MA ME or VT

1 Like

There’s a few out here in Oregon - I know that doesn’t really help in VA. But once one producer starts making them for the legal market in VA, others will follow suit. Decibel Dabs, Highland Provisions, are some examples. They’re pretty pricey though - anywhere from $40-75 a gram. They do taste quite nice, but I only use them in a pinch when I can’t consume flower… the high is not quite the same for me.

3 Likes

Yea, I’m with you there, much prefer flower or pressed hash, but the carts are good for the convenience factor, would just like to find some that don’t use the solvents

4 Likes

How do you determine when your hash is dry enough to be pressed?

3 Likes

When I can press it through the sieve without clumping is a good sign. When it’s dry and cold it crumbles easily.

6 Likes

So learning experience.

I bought some cheap aliexpress carts just to see if they worked or were crap, labeled as cc-ell at about $13cnd for 10 essentially the cheapest glass/metal ones you can get.

Did they work sure, except every one that was filled leaked through the coil and down the main air hole either out the top or bottom or both with storage where as legit CCell , verified and some generic ceramics i had all were fine when stored right beside them.

So likely a wick /airspace gap or just design issue.

i’ll included a listing photo below but ill be likely trying out some other cheapies in the future but will likely avoid all the barebone basic ones like below.

Also have some cheap aliexpress ceramics ive been playing with that are holding up for now they just have a very loose/movable center connection pin vs better legit brands.

16 Likes

Let’s say you don’t have a 45 bag. Would you choose the 25 or 73 instead? I’m leaning towards 73.

1 Like

I don’t like the 25u bag, personally. Seems to collect a lot of trash and the water takes forever to drain through it. I don’t think I have a 45 bag either, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. Also, if you’re going to press the hash at the end, you can always use a finer micron bag when you’re pressing to filter out more stuff. I think the bags I use to press are around 30micron.

2 Likes

I would do the 73 instead of the 25 as well. :+1:

6 Likes

Awesome, thanks guys. I’m getting ready to do this real soon. Just a practice run with trim and stuff. Will save the good fresh frozen for after my technique is down.

Have you tried using the 220 zipper bag that goes in the machine? Seems like less mess and maybe less extraction too?

https://a.co/d/fY7ZU8n

2 Likes

I prefer no bag in the washer. I feel like I get a better extraction that way.

9 Likes

How do you know when the hash is dry for sure? I’m worried I’ll take it out and it’ll just turn into a mushy mess. My freezer runs around -10F, FWIW.