ReikoX's Workshop 2021

Hey whats your scoop with the 220 zipper bag ? Do you get lower returns ? Ive been making basic bubble hash for 10 years and never study or tested anything. Really nice reading yours and joe crowe studys. Ive always used the zipper bag because was worried about clean up. Hows the cleaning on machine when doing with out?

4 Likes

I’ve used it before. Honestly I think CS is gentler on the plant. It is also safer and easy to make at home. I don’t mind daily spraying, it only takes a few minutes.

No not really. Honestly, 9 out of 10 times the zipper bag would open anyway.

Not too bad, if you upgrade the corrigated hose to a smooth one, you just rinse everything out with the garden hose. I remove the spinner and the drain plug first. I actually scoop everything out of the washer into the 220 bag, then let the ice melt in the sink. So, I guess I do use the 220 bag :rofl:

10 Likes

Haha awesome

1 Like

Salutations @ReikoX, I wonder if you could go into a little more detail on the “Two Days of 12/12” during veg to induce young plants to reveal their sex?

I’m in mourning over the loss of a beautiful Cinderella XX (supposedly Feminized) from Brothers Grimm that finally grew balls after 6 weeks of growroom TLC. So this topic is of special interest.

If I’ve got it right, you started 12/12 on the GFOG on Sept 1, and you were able to determine their sex starting a week later. That is really amazing and incredibly useful!

Can you discuss the specifics of what you are looking at that early stage and how confident you felt about the call? I don’t suppose you took any closeup pics? Did the sex features persist after they were back in veg lighting?

Many thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this technique.

7 Likes

Pretty much after the two days of 12/12 the males showed clusters forming at their internodes. I’m 100% confident that the males were culled. The remaining three have yet to show me female, but I assume that to be the case.

No I didn’t think to take any pictures, there are entire threads dedicated to determining the sex of a cannabis plant. Yes the pre-flowers persist after reverting back to 18/6 lighting, just like any mature cannabis plant will.

17 Likes

Just to clarify that bit about determining sex to see if I have it right, at about node 6 or 4 weeks you give them 2 days of 12/12 and then back to 18/6 and the males will show clusters at the nodes at the end of a week or so?

9 Likes

That’s been my experience, yes. :wink:

13 Likes

Got that down! Photos and reg autos @ReikoX ? Thanks!

2 Likes

This is for photoperiod plants only bud. Reg autos will show regardless of light schedule. :+1::seedling:

6 Likes

Pardon the newbie, note taken! :yum:

4 Likes

Getting down to the last few shirts…

19 Likes

Bro, I swear you said that 10 shirts ago :joy:

I don’t know if you lost weight, or that shirt is a bit tight, but it looks good! I like the faded look.

8 Likes

FWIW that was shirt #29

I was definitely sucking in the gut for that photo.

13 Likes

I need to send you new shirts, it’s not the shirt itself… Just need to get you some more lol

7 Likes

Size XL post COVID… :grin:

9 Likes

When they get older I usually use them as sleep shirts like this one. Found this one at Wal-Mart for $1.99

13 Likes

I see to much StarWars stuff at work. One downside of working for the mouse.

11 Likes

It’s do much easier to find SW merchandise since the mouse bought them. Lucas held on to the licensing pretty tight. I used to have to order them from places like Think Geek and Jinx.

I counted about 5 more shirts, not counting seasonal sweaters, pullovers, and a polo shirt. :grin: Today I’m wearing the X-Wing schematic shirt.

15 Likes

Green Crack yielded 1924 grams wet
Zak Haze yielded 684 grams wet

Green Crack yielded 26 grams dry
Zak Haze yielded 36 grams dry

Total 2608 grams wet
Total 584* grams dry (+20.66% over previous)

Vegged for 37 days at 11.91 kWh per day
Flowered for 65 days at 10.89 kWh per day
Average wattage: 908W
0.64 g/W, 5.73 g/day, 0.51 g/kWh, 24.33 g/ft2

*dry weight is estimated as wet weight / 5

26 Likes

How many plants total each? Brilliant job there @ReikoX !

4 Likes