ReikoX's Workshop 2022

Yeah, I usually copy my posts on ICMag as well. Instagram too @ReikoX420. :wink:

6 Likes

I always wondered about putting outdoor buds, obviously with pests, in a cooler with some dry ice to fumigate it. Could easily get the carbon dioxide from a tank instead if you have one. I was just unsure what a pure carbon dioxide atmosphere would do to the plants involved, seeds inside said plants, etc.

Could also potentially be a clone receiving protocol as well. Again depends what happens to the plants in a pure carbon dioxide atmosphere. ? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Or if possible put a bag over the plant and try to flood the bag with CO2?

2 Likes

That would definitely work for small plants, but there is no way I’ll be able to fit the plants in the beds in a bag.

4 Likes

Oh ya for sure. Personally I would just spray but if you really wanted to go all out and CO2 them I’d like to watch

2 Likes

Well, it’s been done by @Pedro_Bann. You can watch the re-run here. :wink:

9 Likes

When I got mites for the first time. I sprayed the room down with h202 with an electrostatic sprayer. Then sealed it and ozoned it with ozone generator for three days straight. I had to put the mothers outside, take clones and soak them in neem, then continuing neem into rooting after placing in the aero cloner. Fuck sm that was tough. Sorry to hear you had to and or still are dealing with this problem :confused: @ReikoX

9 Likes

Especially the part where you said fuggit & just torched the building & ran away :joy_cat:

:evergreen_tree:

9 Likes

Went through my mind a few times… :rofl:

9 Likes

Not quite there yet. :wink:

10 Likes

Lopez & Lopez

:rofl: Have a great weekend.

16 Likes

Spent a couple hours cleaning up the beds in the workshop. I removed any damaged leaves, as well as anything that didn’t look like it would produce much. I probably should have done this a week ago when I first noticed the damage, but I just couldn’t find the time until last night. I think I’ve gone overboard with the soap sprays, some of the new growth was burnt and deformed. I’ll back off of the daily sprays and just stick with the pesticide application every three days.

44 Likes

Great work! They look healthy from here, I’m super glad you didn’t choose a scorched earth approach to eradication. Have a awesome Friday and a fantastic weekend.

9 Likes

Glad they are doing better, they look great in the pic. I’ve learned a lot about mites in the last week, thanks for posting the great pictures of the mites and damage, as well as your steps to mitigation.

8 Likes

I changed the light schedule to bloom Sunday night. The main lights were set to 100% intensity and remain on for 12 hours. I turned on the Emerson boards and have the far red come on 15 minutes before lights on and remain on 15 minutes after lights off. I increased the CO2 set point to 800 PPM. Finally I set the temperature setpoint to 81*F and the humidity setpoint to 65% RH.

I did a visual inspection of the leaves, there is no new damage. I sprayed the plants with horticulture and essential oils (Method 1 PPS) last night, and will give them a final spray of Spinosad on Thursday and that should be it.

30 Likes

sorry if this is off topic but wanted to ask you…
What is your preferred method for heating a terp slurper? I just got a new rig the other day and wondering if there is a better way other than holding a torch to it.

seems like you made quick work of those spider mites! Nice job, im going to bookmark that so I can refer back if needed. Edit: i guess its not if but when :grimacing:

7 Likes

I use a torch and a thermometer (Terp Timer). I heat the slurper to around 900-1000°F. I’ll let it cool to about 600°F and then hit it. I don’t use the slurper very often.

I use my Huni Badger with a bubbler attachment daily. That one is battery powered with a ceramic tip you heat up and dab like a nectar collector.

At work, I juse my PCKT Two with solventless hash rosin cartridges.

I’ve been testing a new device, it’s battery powered with a titanium dabbing surface. I’m on the fence about it. Titanium is so 2015. :rofl:

When I have company, I like to use the Puffco Peak. It’s super easy to use. Again it’s battery powered with a ceramic coil.

I have a Stash RiO that is nice for travel. It’s an all-in-one rig, torch, quartz banger, and cap. I particularly like using it for cold starts.

I have an electronic nail with a quartz bamger, but don’t use it much anymore.

The key here was early detection. I did damage the tender new shoots with a week of daily soap sprays. I think they will grow out of it. Perhaps I should have waited another week to flip to 12/12.

22 Likes

Awesome, thanks for all that! Exactly what I was looking for and more!

:joy: :rofl: :joy:

8 Likes

This is a great set of devices for me to look into for dabbing as I get into extractions, thanks!

4 Likes

I found that Early Detection is the MOST important thing. Then knowing the lifecycle of the bug also helps a lot. What I have done in the past is to remove any damaged leaves. You know. The ones are up with spots. Get rid of those. Then take your plants outside and give them a good spray down with regular water. I mean a GOOD spray. Any shake off the excess water. Then let her dry. Not in the sun. In the shade. Then take your insect soap and spray her down good. Let her dry. Put her back in the tent. Or room. If I have more plants I would do the same process on all of them. Then, in three days take your plants and spray down again. Focusing under side of leaves. Dry and put them back. Repeat in three more days. That will get the adults, then young ones from eggs and then anything remaining. That’s how I got rid of them a couple grows ago, and they have not come back, knock on wood.

18 Likes