ReikoX's Workshop Rebuild 2020

That,s not bad, but not in Canada, its $112 plus taxes here.

I was looking for one when I was running my flower room, as a near sealed environment with air conditioning, just to gauge how much CO2 was present but there was nothing under $200 a year ago, in fact it was almost impossible to find one, everything I found was for carbon monoxide, unless it was specifically for controlling CO2 in grow rooms.

5 Likes

What I really want is the new Pulse Pro environment monitor. It has temperature, humidity, vpd, CO2, and lux/estimated PAR measurements.

14 Likes

It’s free as well :wink: that looks very good, environment is probably my most limiting factor atm :thinking:

6 Likes

Haha, its free to sign up for notifications. The one without CO2 is $199, so I would guess this one will be $299 USD…

5 Likes

I am so glad you mentioned this @ReikoX. I was not far off forking out the cash for the existing one and I also am looking at buying a CO2 meter at some stage. I am holding off for sure and buying one of those when they are released.

2 Likes

Since the workshop is nearly complete, I decided it was time to dig out the e-nail and rig from storage. I’m a little disappointed in myself for putting it away dirty, but It is clean now. I forgot how smooth hits are from this thing.

The good
I got some movement going on the Juanita la Lagrimosa x Lowryder2 seeds. So far so good.

The bad
The Ghost Rose are coming up on 45 days since germination. I have been doing some pinching and bending to keep them under control. I only have 24" from the bottom of the shelf to the light. I need to start looking for male flowers as these tend to throw the odd one on the lower nodes.

The ugly
The mother plants are not happy with all the flushing and increased light intensity. When I added the second strip, I didn’t lower the intensity. The clones I moved to a different shelf seemed to have the same issue. I lowered the intensity on those two shelves, hopefully that takes care of the issue.

25 Likes

How bad do you let your rig get before you clean it? Mine has a down stem similar to yours, but I can never get it completely clean.

4 Likes

I like a clean rig, usually clean it every week or two. It was dirty enough that the glass on glass was sealed shut with rosin. :rofl:

11 Likes

Do you just use salt and iso? I can get mine clean except it seems there’s always some sludge stuck in the bottom of the down stem when I give up lol.

4 Likes

Salt and warm ISO yep.

5 Likes

I use to have a pretty extensive glass collection many moons ago , including a super sweet color changing dragon bong . My favorite was always the most simple which was an 18" or maybe 24" straight chills . Although my zong was well loved too.
All that being said I honestly have no idea what that crazy piece of glass is. Is it used for shatter or resin or whatever?

4 Likes

Yes, it is used for rosin. On the right is the e-nail which consists is a quartz cup with the heating element on it. The heating element temperature is controlled electronically. This specific rig is a recycler style rig. So, the vapor moves from one chamber to the other as you inhale. It keeps the vapor from sitting still and getting stagnant.

I’ll be pulling out more of my glass, as a move more of it from storage. :+1::seedling:

14 Likes

Hi @ReikoX, I am hoping you can answer something for me. I have heard twice now about not letting the vapour sit stagnant in the chamber. Do you know the benefit/purpose of this?

3 Likes

It tastes better and is much smoother IMO.

6 Likes

mmmmmmmmmmm, i need to re think my rigs. I was not far off buying a new one. I will keep this in mind. Ta!

3 Likes

Watered the beds with some EWC extract and reetha glycerin extract. I had some coffee filters that must have some cotton in them. They have been through my worm bin twice without fully decomposing. So I removed them and put them aside in an old coffee can. A couple nights ago I added 3.5 gallons of water to it and let it set for about 24 hours out of laziness. Last night I filtered the water and sprayed the pots. This should add some humic and fulvic acids, some microbes, and some calcium and other nutrients.

I also watered the autos with some banana, squash, papaya ferment and silica. I did an inspection on the lower nodes and did not see any male flowers yet. I will continue to be diligent, they are at 7 weeks from sprout now.

26 Likes

What is it and what does it do🤔

2 Likes

It’s a wetting agent. Aloe, reetha, and glycerine. Soaked for 30 days, then strained and used.

5 Likes

Today I went through my sticker collection and started putting them on the inside of the flower room door. I may have to trade some seeds for more stickers.

The hour I spent in there increased the CO2 from 700 to 1500 PPM. I always knew I was full of hot air.

36 Likes

Yea I get told that a lot too, at least you’ve got a meter to prove it :rofl:

Cheers Johnny

11 Likes