ReikoX's Workshop Rebuild 2020

I was going to go with the hyper fan originally. These are also DC fans and quite efficient. :+1::seedling:

8 Likes

Love your engineering dude. Fun to see your progression. Cheers.

7 Likes

I present to you the Veg Rack v1.0. Four shelves, each shelf has about 25 watts, individually dimmable running off Bluefish controller. I also have a fan for each level I need to install, I’m running some temperature tests now.

32 Likes

25W of LED strips? Ooh, that’s nice… That’s another idea I’d like to steal one of these days.

9 Likes

Well… there are two strip on each level. Each strip is 19.5 V running at 700 mA. So more precisely, 2.0 x 19.5 x 0.7 = 27.3 W. :+1::seedling:

16 Likes

Since I started using my veg cab to flower in, I’ve been looking for another small-space way to veg, and those small strips look perfect.

6 Likes

Love that rack. Looks like another great idea to try and copy. Such an efficient way to use space. Better then looking for a small tent.

7 Likes

Last night I washed a few 10x20" trays and my humidity dome. The tall humidity dome fits perfect on the shelf. I think I will do a little bit of re-organizing. Using the controller, the top shelf is set to 20% and the clone shelf is set to 5%, both on an 18/6 schedule. The shelf height is perfect for clones and seedlings, but a little bit too small for my bonsai mothers right now. I had to put them on the top shelf, and even then had to trim them a little bit. I think I am going to move the bottom shelf, it can go down one more level. That should give me enough height for my bonsai mothers and free up the top shelf for a couple of autos.

37 Likes

Looking excellent ReikoX, looking at those two small strips you would not think they are enough to veg under let alone be to strong.

8 Likes

I always keep my bonsai mothers under low light to slow growth. I also feed them very light as well. :+1::seedling:

23 Likes

And action!! :movie_camera:

Must be really satisfying to finally get something growing in there after months of hard work :+1:.

Looking forward to see to seeing it complete

8 Likes

I had another productive day in the workshop. First I got the 2x4’ tent, light, and fan/filter packed up and put in storage.

I pulled some recycled soil out from storage and a couple of 3 gallon Radicle Bags and saucers. I mixed up a gallon of aloe, silica, and castile soap. I foliar sprayed my bonsai mothers with it, then did a soil drench on the 3 gallon bags. Finally, I moved the bottom shelf down one level, allowing more room for my bonsai mothers.

Next I had to hang the AC Infinity Cloudline S8 and the monster 8" carbon filter. It only weighs 21 pounds. I didn’t quite trust the toggle bolts, so I attached three strips of wood to the rafters. Then I painted them white and hung the filter from them.

I also pulled my SolStrips out of storage. I cut the aluminum angle, marked the holes with a template, and drilled the aluminum. Finally I assembled the three lights. Here they are with the supplemental boards for reference.

The last thing I did before passing out was soak a couple of Ghost Toof x Sugar Black Rose seeds. The plan is to put these in the 3 gallon bags on the top shelf.

52 Likes

Nice work bro :sunglasses:

5 Likes

You got it going on in there Mr suave. I love to see you moving around man everything always looks super clean. Hope everything turns out the way you need it to and many good grows ahead of you. I’ll definitely have to check back in.

How many are growing areas do you have now about a hundred? Your whole house is just going to look like biodome with the purple sticky punch everywhere. :hugs::v:

6 Likes

Today I pulled out all my drivers and controllers for the lights. I’m still deciding the best way to mount/install these. Can anyone tell which driver doesn’t belong? My stoned ass ordered an extra HLG-120H-24B instead of the HLG-240H-24B. The good news is, I have four extra strips in 3500K that will match up with that driver. Not exactly sure what I’ll do with it, but having a spare driver is never a bad thing.

The overall plan is to mount the drivers on the wall of the veg room, then run the wires through conduit to the flower room. I already soldered up the connections in the conduit boxes. I still need to solder up the connections to the lights and get testing that. I might make the driver board with a piece of plywood on hinges so I can run the wiring in the back. It should look pretty neat and clean that way.

I may go ahead and add another Sonoff 4CH so that I can have one for each light. I’m then debating whether I want to have the two Emerson boards on a separate driver from the Exotic boards, or if I want to run them all off the same one. I guess it mostly depends on the behavior of the lights when there is no PWM signal, if they will go to off when there is no PWM then I will run them all off the same driver. Otherwise, I will run them on separate drivers. This mainly has to do with me wanting to be able to have the IR on for an additional 15 minutes after lights out.

24 Likes

After about 48 hours in a cool dark place, these two Ghost Toof x SBR seeds are sprouting tails. If you look close you will notice they are still floating on top of the water.

I got tired of buying rapid rooters to clone and start seeds, so I bought this little pot maker. These little pots are made out of paper grocery bags. Let’s see how they do.

39 Likes

Those paper pots look interesting

Have you tried the jiffy pots made from peat?

3 Likes

You can use the heat sealer from a vacuum sealer to make fabric bags out of garden bed liners or any polypropylene fabric. It’s a nice way to get air pruning pots of whatever size you want.

15 Likes

Will that funk up my vac sealer heat bar with gooey plastic? :thinking:

:zap: coat hanger & a wall outlet should do it too… :laughing:

:evergreen_tree:

10 Likes

In my experience it doesn’t get hot enough to goo-ify it, it just nicely seals it.

YMMV depending on your vac sealer.

This pot was one I made this way. Plant quality not with standing (it was my first ever plant, grown in a space bucket), the pot lasted the entire grow.

6 Likes